It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another oil rig overturns in inland waters off the coast of morgan city, Lousiana

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
And this is why theyre sending in SWAT teams... This is not an accident, this is eco-terrorism.

Someone doesnt want us drilling offshore...

What a surprise....

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Is it me or this looks more and morel like sabotage? This kind of things NEVER HAPPEN and now twice in a few days? Really?

Also could you imagine the disaster that it would be if a hurricane were to get all that oil and send it everywhere inland?

That would be a disaster of epic proportion...

Anyway this looks more and more like sabotage...

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

What ? Are you serious ?!!

It happens ALL THE TIME - damn - I even KNOW someone who had to fix one which was falling over.

Just because YOU dont hear about something - doesnt mean it doesn't happen.....I HATE that kind of deduction.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
this is EXACTLY why we need to invest in FREE ENERGY and STOP relying on fossil fuels that do nothing but harm everything in its path.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Has to be more than a coincidence, I remember not long ago the State wanted to charge the off shore oil drillers to drill off shore, but they were a certain distance and they couldn't charger them, but they were trying to expand the distance so that they can charge, then the first one went. I just told my brother about this other day after it happened (I live in louisiana) and said it seemed fishy, and now a second one goes...interesting...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The first rig ran into problems days ago. Of course BP down spun the amount being leaked but we are learning that was just PR.

Why has there been such a lame response from all players on this? It seems obvious BP was not prepared to deal with this. I am no expert on oil rig regulations but it would seem a no-brainer to have sufficient HazMat procedures in place for operating such a huge chunk of machinery.

I do not buy the Eco Terrorist thing either. Why would a group of people who want to protect the environment cause such harm to it? Makes no sense. On top of it, if it is indeed sabotage, this would appear beyond your average Eco groups ability anyway.

Sure Homeland Security is down there now "investigating". I read about DHS having secret plans and what-not but people please, this is the government. They are not that organized. Seriously, have you seen the footage of their trip to scene on the MSM? It's a clown show.

However you can bet on a few things:

First the price of gas will go up even though both rigs were exploratory and were not in production mode (So says BP). The stock price of BP has fallen this last week so they have to make up that dip in double digit profit somehow.

Second, you can count on Washington publicly being "Shocked" and demanding answers. Privately of course they are bought and paid for by the oil industry (in part) so little will come of their hyperventilation.

Third, someone convenient has to be blamed so take your pick. Iran, Al Qaeda, some mid level schmuck manager on the rig, too much regulation, not enough regulation, etc. Of course none of these will have been the real reason but why let facts get in the way?

Fourth, the Democrats will blame the Republicans and the Republicans will blame the Democrats. That's how professional wrestling goes.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
palin was be really peed
off, what did she say DRILL BABY DRILL

lol her idea of more off shore oil rigs is flushing down the toilet

My thoughts exactly. She's nothing but an old wretched witch who deserves to be burned at the stake. Burn PALIN Burn!

As for the event, completely devastating but as someone else stated, it happens.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
[edit on 30-4-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The "mobile inland drilling unit" overturned in the Charenton navigational channel south of U.S. Highway 90 at Morgan City.

This is a navigational channel they do not drill in channels.

It was probably being moved inland for repairs or out to the Gulf.

Chill out!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Is it me or this looks more and morel like sabotage? This kind of things NEVER HAPPEN and now twice in a few days? Really?

Also could you imagine the disaster that it would be if a hurricane were to get all that oil and send it everywhere inland?

That would be a disaster of epic proportion...

Anyway this looks more and more like sabotage...

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

actually, sending it inland would be better. easier to clean and all.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
Something stinks and this is huge news thank you.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

Stinks like in we have a surplus of oil and not enough refinement to process the oil. And if there is a surplus the price fixers can't bet against a shortage to make profits. Yea there is some thing VERY not right...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I know on my own part I heard about this right after it happened, when all that was known was that another rig had gone down and there was no leak, but nothing else was known. This is the first I've been back online since right after it happened (I have two babies under two years old that take precedence over ATS haha).

If this rig truly was being hauled away for repairs then I'd say no harm, no foul. It just seemed super fishy at first to hear about it right after oil landfall from the last one.

Also, didn't 'they' say that Deepwater Horizon wasn't leaking .... until days after the fact?

And knowing that SWAT was put on rigs ... it isn't a far-fetch to assume (at the beginning) that this was sinister.

Glad to know that it seems it was truly just an accident! I really don't want my children to see bad times here on American soil.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I retract my post

[edit on 30-4-2010 by wordtothewise]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Second drilling rig overturns in Louisiana

HOUSTON, April 30 (Reuters) - The U.S. Coast Guard said Friday it was responding to another oil drilling rig accident near Morgan City, Louisiana.

The "mobile inland drilling unit" overturned in the Charenton navigational channel south of U.S. Highway 90 at Morgan City. (Reporting by Bruce Nichols)

Is this the false-flag everyone was waiting for? Blaming eco terrorists?

Remember those eco terrorists arrested a few days ago because they wanted to blow up IBM headquarters? Is this a nationwide eco terrorist attack or what?

I knew it was sabatage. When the president said he was sending SWAT Teams it confirmed it for me.

Now I think Mike savage is an NWO disinfo agent. He said it was eco-terrorists today. The reason I think he is carrying water for the dark side is he criticisms of the president are ridiculous and way over the top.

Anybody but Israel. That's right. I said the I word. Put me on the ADL list too.

IMO the oil rigs have been demo'd by the oil companies. They have the most to lose by opening up the coasts to drilling.

One of the main reasons for iraq was to CUT THE FLOW OF OIL.

The NWO is out of control and dedperate. They will soon be uncovered with Goldman going down.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wordtothewise

Great point. There has been a tremendous increase in the amount of EQ's worldwide within the past few months. (I've watched them increase in size and frequency on USGS's website daily) and IMO these events are caused by geophysical changes in the seabed. I wouldn't be surprised to see more natural events like this happen soon. Nor would I be surprised to see the mainstream media play the terrorism card.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
A little homework and I discovered with ease that the rig was being towed, no crew on board. It's not a working rig and the only fuel it had on board was a 200 gallon tank of fuel for the generator. Stuff happens!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
^ Indeed. There are risks with everything.

Accidents happen. Not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
From what I understood, there was no one on the rig, and it was being towed off to salvage.
News Source

Highly doubt Eco terrorists would hit an incapacitated target being towed in a shipping channel, apparently it barely had any fuel, unless they wanted the rig for their own personal operations.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
^ Indeed. There are risks with everything.

Accidents happen. Not everything is a conspiracy.

True, true. But it is a conspiracy forum.
I think it was the coincidence in itself with regards to the oil spill that raised flags with some of us on here.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Easy, guys, easy. While i'm in the belief that a major false flag event is imminent, this isn't it. It was a shallow water rig being towed. It was unoccupied. It had all of 200-ish gallons of diesel fuel in it's storage tanks (only 1% of its storage capacity). Try reading the link Erasurehead posted on the 1st page.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mal1970

I definitely believe now that is was just bad luck. At first though, when the headlines ripped through, I was thinking it was fishy. All better now that I have the kids in bed and can read more about it

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join