It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another oil rig overturns in inland waters off the coast of morgan city, Lousiana

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
So it sounds like the White House is considering that this is foul play...

Yeah, I agree with others. Someone is going to be blamed.

Yes but in a conspiratorial way it could be just false ass covering. Mess something up and then send in the keystone cops to make it look good.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I think this one is just an accident...

Coast Guard: Oil drilling rig overturns en route to La. scrap yard; no leaks detected

MORGAN CITY, La. (AP) — Officials say an oil drilling rig on its way to a scrap yard has overturned in Louisiana.

No injuries have been reported.

The rig overturned about 80 miles west-southwest of New Orleans. The Coast Guard said in a news release Friday that the drilling unit overturned in the Charenton navigational canal.

It can carry about 20,000 gallons of diesel fuel, but Coast Guard officials did not know how much fuel was on board. Coast Guard investigators say no fuel leaks have been found.

Good! No leaks!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
S&F for the thread.
I knew something else would happen.
This is only the begining this one is going to be very big.

Revelations, again keeps cropping up.
Trumpets
3rd trumpet
a large star burning like a torch,dropped from the sky and fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water."The name of the star is bitterness"

look it up
Project bitterness/anthrax related?

2nd trumpet was... then the second angel blew his trumpet. Something that looked like a huge mountainon fire was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea was turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed......Could this be the first rig?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Well if there is no leaking that is definitely good news...hopefully that is true when more comes into light.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by belial259

I am not saying Iran being the blame is totally off the maybe chart,
but I really don't see how thay can be the culprits here. Just how does
a person/people get to the well head and set a bomb, sabotage the pipes
or anything like that. I don't understand how a crew could get to the rig
and go underneath it without being detected. How did they get there?
If Iran or some other country came under the drilling platform, our Navy
would detect ANY movement in the Gulf. I am not following how someone
can just waltz in do this kind of damage. I do smell a really dead carp here
though and something is up for sure. But Iran, I don't know.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by endtimer]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

They said there were no leaks on the first one also. I don't think what we are being told this early on can really be taken as Gospel.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It was a derelict.

Tina Moore, the owner of T. Moore Services, which owned the rig, says it was being transported to a demolition and scrap yard. She says the rig was mounted on a barge.

www.latimes.com...

Sounds like the barge was top heavy and capsized.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
what the # is going on...

Is this going to be as bad as the last one???

This is an update to the news story:
Source

While there is no current estimate on how much fuel was on board at the time of the incident, on-scene Coast Guard pollution investigators said that the rig is not leaking fuel at this time.
As a precaution, 500 feet of containment boom has been deployed around the rig, with an additional 500 feet arriving to provide a secondary string within the canal.

The Coast Guard created a 1,000 yard safety zone around the incident which will stop vessels from entering the area without permission from the Captain of the Port.

A salvage plan is currently being developed. No injuries were reported and the Coast Guard is investigating the cause of the incident.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Oh, so it wasn't drilling, and it isn't even releasing its own fuel supply?

Crisis averted

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Was that MIDU unit owned by BP also. Man this is just too convenient for both of these accidents to be so close in vicinity. These type of structures undergo several inspections for safety of both crew and structural inspections.

S&F, False flag operations are in affect. Now we are going to see a Cap & Tax measure fly through congress. Oil Prices are going to go up. Way to tank the economy even further.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Louisiana Drilling Rig Overturns: Accident And Second Possible Oil Spill At Mobile Inland Drilling Unit

According to this, they are still investigating the cause and it doesn't say she was already derelict. Conflicting info ....

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Except for now possibly being a hazard to navigation, the derelict is not an environmental hazard. Any diesel fuel which might leak will quickly evaporate.

Pretty dumb saboteurs to go after a rig on its way to the scrap yard.

[edit on 4/30/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

well it on topic
since Palin wants more off shore Drilling
and i am pretty sure this topic is about off shore Drilling

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I think the government or amooco or the oil industry itself, should pay a carbon fine or environmental penalty at least for the first spill. I mean, if governemnt and obama are so cocnerend about the environemnt, and wanna tax us on it, as well ass Al gore, why should they be exempt? i they are jsut as responsable for allowing the rig to be thier in the first place! in the end, i wouldnt be suprised if we the people are stuck paying for both cleanups via taxes or something. governemnt should be at least partly responsable.
loks like Lousinana's beaches wont be open for qutie a few years..their goes its tourist season

link   
Look at this...all in one thread here we have "false flags" the end time prophecies of Revelation being fullfiled, eco terrorism, and purposful sabotage of the economy, but it was just a rig on the way to a scrap yard.

And what started it all was a headline from Reuters with no details.

I'm tempted to jump the gun sometimes, but we all need to wait for the details.

That being said, more details may come out. Just gotta wait and see.

link   
They just had a short blurb about this on CNN. Not much detail, only that there is no leaking as of now, but that there has been a barrier placed around the rig in a 500 foot area. No mention of injuries, or any thing else.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
follow the money ,
Is not bp a British firm or used to be,who will gain,?????
This is bad for wildlife and enviroment for decades,.on the other hand will create lots of unskilled jobs in the cleanup ,make sure the bill goes to the owners,Jobs which are needed in this downturn maybe obama can use this,

From what i seen on tv news in uk, it was a build up of gas or something ,and normally they get a sensor go off in ctrl room and then let the flammable gases off in a controlled bleed ,but the system dident show anything s,sounds like a dodgy sensor gas sniffer or whatever ,but they said they need more time.

[edit on 4/30/2010 by dashar]

link   

Originally posted by endtimer
reply to post by belial259

Just how does a person/people get to the well head and
set a bomb, sabotage the pipes or anything like that.

the very same way, they can bomb a South Korean
Navy Ship. If you solve that crime, you solve the
oil rig crime. They are both sabotage and both
underwater.

I say Mossad

in retaliation for Obama's shun of
Netanyahu's request to bomb Iran.

Obama didn't play along
and is paying the price.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

link   
From Centerville, LA here.

Accident took place maybe a football field away from my backyard.

CG and all were on scene and there is nothing major happening. Just a rig sliding loose or something of the sort.

link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Is it me or this looks more and morel like sabotage? This kind of things NEVER HAPPEN and now twice in a few days? Really?

The first one looked like sabotage. This one just confirms it. The elites want to cripple the commoners.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join