It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another oil rig overturns in inland waters off the coast of morgan city, Lousiana

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Unbelievable.

This is a disaster of insane proportions.

Agreed it just went from really bad to I dont even have a word for it.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
reply to Here's the Reuters link. Not much detail on the story.
www.reuters.com...

I searched for "mobile inland drilling unit" and there is only one link on Yahoo. It is also referred to as MIDU. I cannot find much other than that. It doesn't appear to be an offshore oil rig though.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by ararisq]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hmm If I wanted to push for strict enviromental policies and the people did not really want that how could I make theat work ? Is this a false flag?

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
palin was be really peed
off, what did she say DRILL BABY DRILL

Could we please keep this topic clean of political trolling and just discuss the breaking news. Yes we get it, the GOP wants to drill for oil and the DNC does not and we should abandon all plansif an accident or in this case terrorist attack happens.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So this rig wasn't even out at sea?
Hmmm...

I don't have google earth on this computer... Someone should find it.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Very very very fishy.

SWAT response was fishy. Changing policy conveniently after the "accident" was fishy. Slow response for clean up was fishy (and reminiscent of Katrina). Asking for military help was fishy. Military being slow in deciding if it would indeed help was even more fishy. Then Homeland Security got involved? At the original site there are supposedly 3 leaks? Why? Also there were 35,000 feet (or 7 miles) of drill tube, so why is it leaking at all?

Now, we have another one? Statistical probabilites of two, in close geographical proximity, and in close proximity of time is nill. Add the fact that there were no "natural" causes to these disasters such as weather or earthquakes and it is even fishier! These rigs survived some hurricanes unscathed, but now they just sink?

Add in the rescued lifeboat, but none of the missing workers? How does that happen?

How about the report of an explosion and mayday 3 hours before it officially happened?

The only thing that is going to be fishy in this area for the next 50 years is the official story!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I concur with another member..this DEF sounds like sabatoge of some sort. Were the rigs built by cheap chinese material? maybe the government gets re embursments if the rig fails? i mean what are the odds of 2 ever failing within days of eachother! I doubt thier was an earthquake, would have caused wild wave action.
i think maybe...obama is pushing 'green' which is cool. but onfortunatley, since big business owns it, its all about who has control, just like oil* unless thiers profit to be made, they all could care less if we live or die. maybe obama/government are sabotaging the rigs, to make it look bad, as a way to financially invest in 'green'? get things going so it all can faster marketed and captilaized on...
just a theory.

link   
reply to post by ararisq

Agreed. Look up Charenton, LA in Google maps and look for the navigational channel south of 90. It would appear that the drilling unit was on the move possibly to start the drilling of the relief well to help stem the flow of the leak. That is pure speculation however.

Edit: Correction. It happened in Morgan City, LA.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by janon]

link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Kind of reminds me when I turned on my tv on 9/11/2001 and saw that an airplane had hit the WTC, then another one hit. Something stunk, and it wasnt because I had a Bean Burrito the night before.

This to me seems like a deliberate event. For what cause is uncertain.

IMO anything involving weird stuff and oil, is dubious at best.

Im guessing oil prices are due to rise again since there's bound to be a "shortage" now.

I just feel really bad for the poor animals and marine life.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Was this rig actually drilling? So far no evidence it was. Either way...for something of that size to go down....I agree it's fishy.

I've got CNN on...haven't reported on it yet.

link   
911 Story...

Strike 1 - Attention
Strike 2 - Chaos
Strike 3 - Fear
Strike 4 - Prevail

If there is two, there will be more - and finally someone to blame.

link   
There is a large bay that is about 10 miles inland right next to Morgan City, LA. I'm betting that's where it occured. Holy cow, this will be devastating. On work computer so can't post pictures.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

There is a large bay that is about 10 miles inland right next to Morgan City, LA. I'm betting that's where it occured. Holy cow, this will be devastating. On work computer so can't post pictures.

I hope to hell it wasn't drilling and it's just a collapse of the structure itself. Enough has gone wrong lately.

link   
reply to post by illusive man

People's lives are in danger and all you can think about is how Sarah Palin will react to this? Are you serious?

This smells like sabotage to me. I don't know if it's Eco-terrorists or Middle Eastern, a false flag, or state aggression. The ramifications of this are going to be VERY big.

link   
Halliburton May Be Culprit In Oil Rig Explosion

Giant oil-services provider Halliburton may be a primary suspect in the investigation into the oil rig explosion that has devastated the Gulf Coast, the Wall Street Journal reports.

So another government mercenary responsible for another disaster?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

The bay is really big.
I hope you're right, but something tells me this will be more bad news.

link   
A few weeks ago I read about just this kind of possibility due to the dephts and pressures at which these rigs are digging; the article predicted that this kind of thing could happen; the rigs and the equipment used aren't built to withstand these pressures.

I will search for that article and come back to post it when I find it.

link   
Something is definitely wrong. Any corporate news stations pick this up? CNN has nothing yet...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
what the # is going on...

Is this going to be as bad as the last one???

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1
Now we know why Obama's sending SWAT. This story is getting more and more crazy.

That's what I'm saying.

Here's the CG info:

www.piersystem.com...

MORGAN CITY, La. -- The Coast Guard is responding Friday to an overturned mobile inland drilling unit (MIDU) in the Charenton navigational canal south of Highway 90.

The MIDU has a 20,000-gallon diesel fuel capacity, and while there is no current estimate on how much fuel was on board at the time of the incident, on-scene Coast Guard pollution investigators have determined that the rig is not leaking fuel at this time. As a precaution, 500 feet of containment boom has been deployed around the rig, with an additional 500 feet arriving to provide a secondary string within the canal.

The Coast Guard has established a safety zone 1,000 yards on either side of the incident, prohibiting vessel traffic from entering the area without permission from the Captain of the Port. A salvage plan is currently being developed for Coast Guard approval.

There are no reported injuries and the Coast Guard is investigating the cause of the incident.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join