It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star of David the new Swastika?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
In earlier times the Nazis used to desecrate Jewish synagogue, business, houses etc with the image of Swastika and Nazi logo's. Now a few media reports have surfaced which shows Israeli's (I'm presuming from Jewish descent) practicing the very same method. Not only the ordinary Israeli citizens but also the IDF soldiers practicing this method as a means to inflict terror. Salon has written an article Is the Star of David the new swastika? which tells us in brief how the things are rolling in that part of the globe:

Your local paper might not have covered it, but in the wee hours of Wednesday morning a gang of Israeli settlers attacked the West Bank village of Hawara. "Palestinians reported two torched cars on the village’s central road early yesterday," Haaretz writes. "A small village mosque, used only on the weekend, had the word 'Muhammad' sprayed in Hebrew and a Star of David. Haaretz also found graffiti with the Jewish prayer 'Praise be onto him for not making me a gentile.' The attackers also took the opportunity to destroy some three hundred olive trees, a major source of local income.

Plus many more incidents with various sources in the article. Here are few images from diff sources:
Mondoweiss.

200-FOOT WIDE STAR OF DAVID ISRAELI SOLDIERS CARVED A INTO PALESTINIAN FARMLAND IN GAZA WITH THEIR TANKS. (PHOTO: UNOSAT)

More pictures of such graffiti reported by this source

"Death to the Arabs!" - Hebrew graffiti on a mosque in Jaffa.

"Death to the Arabs" - Hebrew graffiti on a Christian grave in Bethlehem.

"Death to the Arabs!" - Hebrew graffiti in an Israeli high school in Ramat Aviv

"Death to the Arabs!" - Graffiti sprayed by settlers on a Palestinian ambulance in Dir Astiyeh, Salfit District, the central West Bank.

Death to the Arabs!" - Hebrew graffiti on a Palestinian kindergarten in Tel Rumeida, Hebron

"Arabs to the gas chambers!" - Settler graffiti on Abraham's Well, in Hebron

"Arabs to the crematoria!" - Hebrew graffiti on a wall in Hebron

"Kill Arabs!" - Settler graffiti on a Palestinian house in Hebron.

The swastika because of its iconic usage in Nazi Germany the symbol became stigmatized in the Western world, even illegal in Germany. Seeing the similarities between Israeli policies and Nazi policies and now even Star of David being used as a tool to inflict terror much alike the Swastika once was would it be fair to suffice Star of David as the new face of Swastika in the western world?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The Star of David, like the Pentagram or the Swastika, was originally a magical protective symbol and was only later associated with the Jews. It didn't become generally associated with the Jews until the 17th century when the Jewish quarter of Vienna was formally distinguished from the rest of the city by a boundary stone having a hexagram on one side and a cross on the other. It didn't become internationally associated until it was adopted as the symbol of the Zionist movement after the Dreyfus affair in France in the 19th century.

David never had a star, the star of david is not jewish, it is a magical zionist symbol used by the freemasons and other zionists.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I have nothing against Jews in general, but I have a big problem with this. History does repeat itself.

They wonder why the world is turning against Israel.

Give me a break!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Just like Saxons took crosses to battle and the British took Union Flags to war. It doesnt mean there planning a neo nazi extermination, its for morale.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Just like Saxons took crosses to battle and the British took Union Flags to war. It doesnt mean there planning a neo nazi extermination, its for morale.

Exactly. I've heard stories about American soldiers defacing mosques with crosses and phrases like "Jesus Killed Muhammed", but this doesnt mean that the symbol is used to inflict terror, its the act itself.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
In my opinion destroying fruit trees is a crime just as bad as poisoning water.

The rampaging chimps who destroyed these olive trees should be shot in the face. I mean these trees take YEARS to mature, and were a source of nourishment and income to the Palestians.

Ridiculous.

History does repeat itself.

And vandalizing a school for little kids? Makes my blood boil.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
y'all are acting like this is something being done by the Israel Government. It's a gang of morons, much like the morons that did this:

loganswarning.com...

or this

jta.org...

in every faith, every ethnic group, every race, every nationality, there are morons. the key is to not associate the humans with the morons. As soon as you assume that the Israeli government would sponsor or promote this kind of garbage, or that the imams and muslim leaders would back this kind of behavior or that the pope would condone this kind of behavior, you run the risk of joining their ranks.

crakeur wuz here

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Boost in morale to to do more damage on someone's grave? school? house? mosque and other buildings/ areas? I can't figure how you can justify this unless you agree with the said practice. As far as extermination is concerned there was already a large scale genocide in 2008-2009 called Gaza war followed by large scale apartheid within Israel and outside (West Bank and Gaza).

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

They may not overtly promote it. But I quite certain that if the Israeli Government wasn't occupying the land of the Palestinians with their troops, than these individuals would have a much harder time attempting to vandalize these structures. So, although they might not condone it....they are allowing it by occupying the land nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

The Israeli government sure sat on the sidelines though. Had this been Palestians terrorizing an Israeli town you can be the response would have had been very, very different.

It takes a lot of noise to destroy 300 trees. What was the response? None.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yeah. These are all adequate comparisons. Offensive slogans by individuals are the same as government policy? I personally saw writings "death to Jews". And? Does it mean that Palestinian autonomy is new Nazi state? Juden free as it is , by the way. While there are more then million Arabs in Israel.
And all these idiotic claims of genocide/extermination/apartheid are the same lame attempts to use negative slogans, never mind that they do not apply to situation. Thousand dead (yes, including children,women and civilians - which is very bad) due to fighting is not a genocide. It might be a war crime, surely needs to be noticed and not repeated - but it is not genocide. Population growth rate in Gaza is (and was before war) among the highest in the world. If Hizbollah would kill 1000 Israelis - will you also call it genocide?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Hello Crakeur as is reported the article mentions that IDF soldiers are equally participating in such activities. A snippet from the same article

In February of 2009, a Canadian writer by the name of Marcello Di Cintio witnessed how "earlier this week, the IDF raided Jayyous. Soldiers entered the village at night, seized about a hundred young men and penned them in the school gymnasium. The troops also occupied several village houses and spray-painted a Star of David over a pro-freedom mural on a school wall. The IDF took about a dozen men with them when they left, and the men are still in custody somewhere in Israel."

Blogging for the Madison Times, George Arida described a visit to Nablus in 2003:

We stopped at Joseph's Tomb, a site of archaeological and religious significance. It also had military significance; the Israelis had bombed it over a year ago (the dome and outside walls were damaged) and then had later used it as a base of operations. The soldiers had left a spray-painted Star of David on the ancient stone wall. This spray-painted souvenir was left by the Israelis on the walls of many buildings in Nablus.

Israeli troops pulled out of the West Bank city of Ramallah in 2002. "The home of Hamdi Flaifer, 35, was in ruins after an Israeli search," the New York Times reported. "Windows were broken, furniture was smashed, sofa cushions slashed, closets and cabinets were emptied onto the floor. Just outside his front door, Israelis had spray-painted a Star of David and a number, indicating to other Israelis that his house had been searched."

and as the author puts it in the end

With attacks like the ones I described above on the increase, and now that the Israeli military has approved plans that could lead to the mass deportation of tens of thousands of West Bank residents on short notice, Palestinians are increasingly experiencing the Star of David as a threat to their very existence. This should be a scandal to everyone who remembers what the star has meant in the past.

Whilst, I agree with you there is no known document which suggests Israel is promoting drawing such symbols on buildings but the soldiers comes under the Govt. The things to keep in mind is the government of Israel does fund and support settler groups who takes part in these attacks.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
as I said, the actions of a few shouldn't speak for the entire group. Should all christians look to punish all muslims because a few childish, immature, idiots defaced a church?

should all jews look to punish all christians because some childish, immature, idiots defaced a synagogue.

no.

should the folks doing the damage be punished? absolutely.

should all of Israel be punished? no.

just as all muslims shouldn't be punished for the acts of a few and all christians shouldn't be punished for the acts of a few.

until this simple concept, this simple case of bigotry, is understood, we're doomed as a race.

I don't blame my muslim friends for 9/11, I don't blame my german friends for the acts committed in world war 2. I don't blame my canadian friends for Celine Dion. Ok, that one I do blame them for. all of them.

But, other than that, I tend to see acts committed as acts committed by specific people. If the Israeli government told these idiots to do this, then the government can be blamed and should be held accountable.

Blaming all for the acts of a few is bigotry. It's racism. It's leading us towards destruction.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Crimson_King

great, you want me to find you links of US soldiers doing similarly horrible deeds in Iraq and Afghanistan? I can. How about Bosnian soldiers doing similar deeds?

As I said, blame the individuals, not the nation. If you can prove to me that the Israeli government sanctions these acts, then, yes, they are at fault.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I certainly agree with you that the government of Israel is at fault and not the people but the same can be said about the Swastika sign. The German government did not officially instructed anyone to use Swastika images to create terror but still the acts carried out led to the disdain of the 5000 year old Swastika image and eventually banned in country like Germany and has since been looked down upon in almost all western countries.

Here are few links which provide a glimpse of how government of Israel funds and supports such atrocities;

Hesder yeshiva rabbis: Torah law is above IDF

State-sponsored incitement: Israel’s glass house

Who is funding the rabbi who endorses killing gentile babies?

What is more worrying is that Israel is not alone as United States officials are equally assisting or abetting in these activities

Major U.S. Power Figures–Tisch, Greenberg, Milken–Linked to Charity that Funds Settlers’ Militias

Hebron ‘pogroms’ are subject of NY event
under the same link another title
"Meet another Israeli settler being supported by the IRS, for now"

The US cash behind extremist settlers

US Tax exempt organisations funding settler violence

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
brave thread you know you will be labeled as anti-semetic, but brave and unfortunately true. i see history repeating here, anyone else? how the palestinians are being treated is "NO" different than the jews in ww2. now i will be labeled anti-semetic. (i have been called worse)

perhaps the so-called united nations can man up and end this conflict. (dejavu)

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
the 'red shield' is the 'coat-of-arms' per-se, where the name/identity of ROTHSCHILD sprang up from....

the shield-of-David , aka the national symbol of Israel (albiet in Blue)

is the notorious Red Shield

if your looking for a symbol for the antichrist's 'Mark'... imho, the Zionists 6 pointed star fits the bill...

i expect to be hung in effigy

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

lmao, you think the palestinians would have stopped their own people from doing something similar?

good one.

top topics

join