It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greek protestors try to force their way into the Greek Finance Ministry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Greek protestors try to force their way into the Greek Finance Ministry

news.bbc.co.uk

Protesters in Athens clashed with police as a group tried to force its way into the Greek finance ministry.

Police fired tear gas to disperse the crowd as the unrest flared over austerity measures that may be taken in return for a massive bailout deal.

The Greek government says it needs a deal by 19 May to avoid a devastating debt default.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com
www.businessweek.com

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

this is a sign of the times. get use to it. in greece, throughout europe, and yes, in america....

Ratings agency Moody's Investors Service on Friday downgraded the bank financial strength ratings and the deposit and debt ratings of nine Greek banks.
www.marketwatch.com...

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This remind me of an article I saw on info wars about troops training for tea party members to try and break into Fort Knox.

I thought they'd have to be awfully disappointed when they got inside and realised there wasn't actually anything left in there.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
why dont they just admit it and lets move on.
The monetary system has failed world wide.
Even getting this deal/loan, it's gonna be more
than the GDP of Greece. How many ways can
you prop up a dam, after the water starts
rushing through. It's a failing cause.

And look out America,
coming to a street near you.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Politicians, and bankers remind me of the lessons I was taught as a child at my catholic school. The good things people do are attributed to God's grace (the politcian, banke ceo, what have you), and the bad is somebody or something elses fault.

No politician or banker or corporate ceo or anyone in a position to influence the economy or economic policy will ever admit the system is broken unless they have an alternative solution ready to keep the staus quo, then it still won't be an anlysis of why the old system failed but a pr campaign on why the new system will be so much better, using the wonderful feel-good sound bytes that they use now to convince us the economy is on its way up.

In my opinion, its not just the economics that are messed up, its our consumptive lifestyle.

Cheers

top topics

join