It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blago Judge Refuses to Grant Subpoena for Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Blago Judge Refuses to Grant Subpoena for Obama

CHICAGO -- A federal judge in Chicago has refused to issue a subpoena for President Obama to testify at former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich's political corruption trial.

U.S. District Judge James Zagel ruled Friday that lawyers for Blagojevich had not produced sufficient evidence that Obama would have anything material to say on the witness stand.

Defense attorneys had claimed that the president could shed light on charges that Blagojevich schemed to sell or trade Obama's former U.S. Senate seat.

Blagojevich has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

I knew this would happen. Did we really think a sitting POTUS would get to testify in a corruption scandal. I wonder how many promises of further advancement the judge was given in this case. This deal really stinks, going to see how it develops further.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Nope, a sitting POTUS is not going to be in court over anything. Strangely, Bush taught me that lol. That guy should have been required to testify in several criminal investigations. But that's not how it works. A POTUS is a POTUS is a POTUS.

There I said it.
POTUS

So Obama won't be in court either, neither will the following guy.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Well with Bush they are still looking for evidence that can be presented in court. With the sitting POTUS, all of the evidence is on the TAPES and was readily available to see in subpoena.

Blago Subpoena Thread

There I said it, evidence against Obama and still the judge says no...
Talk about the deep the pockets and promises from the Obama pals.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I will look for my comment on one of the other threads.

I am sure I said this was one of the possible outcomes.

Now, since the judge has effectively disallowed evidence that could exonerate Blago, he will have the perfect defense. The state that is bringing the charges will not allow all evidence to be presented.

Not Guilty

If found guilty, appeal and then-Not Guilty

There are two sets of courts. One for them, and one for us.

The RULERS and the RULED.

What kicked off the FIRST AMERICAN REVOLUTION?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I mentioned somewhere in that subpoena thread that Blago would get off scott free. This man maybe a crooked man, but he had played his hand perfectly. Not only has he implicated the entire White House to corruption, with the judge not allowing any such evidence to be presented it now reeks of manipulation.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
We don't have presidents, we have kings.

This country is run by an oligarchy of corrupt criminals.

new topics

top topics

join