It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOT Was Training in a Park Today Near My Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I live in Ohio and today when I went to the park, there was a group of men dressed in miltary pants and black shirts with SOT on the back. I later learned this stands for special operation team. They were running around with gas masks on while doing training drills. I have never seen anything like this. Is this something that is common or could they be getting ready for a civil uprising?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

People have to do something in Ohio...

Cedar Point doesn't open for WEEKS..

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

That is probably true, but seriously what's up with this?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Maybe he lives by King's Island and whatever happened to Geauga Lake?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
My guess....a local Police or Sheriff's tactical team simply training. Look at the local P.D. and S.O. websites in your area and I bet one of them has a unit called SOT. IMO, no need to worry or freak out.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Normally SOT Teams are on a local level
enforcement. It could be ur local Police
doing monthly training. Normally they do
drills about once a month and pick different
locations and different scenarios. Drills with
masks on are common place. Most units use
locations away from the public so as not to frighten
normal folks, but occasionally they drill in public.
U just happen to be there at just the right time.
And yes they do practice crowd control.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I've been going to that park for 22 years to jog the trails and I never, ever seen this there. The police do have a SOT team but they don't wear camaflouge pants like these guys did. They are not nearly as muscular either. But perhaps it's just nothing. I was wondering if other people noticed this happening where they live?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Are you certain they were gas masks? It could have been a local Paintball team or a militia?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It's not nothing, its something, DHS is coordinating drills like this around the country with Local LE. It is all supposedly DHS preparedness for possible terrorism. I have always said in order to implement full blown martial law in the country they have to have a majority of voluntary compliance and their MO for getting that compliance is false flag operations.

This is conditioning for Local LE to follow orders and think they are helping when they in reality will be helping them implement martial law. Doing it in public is also conditioning so the sheeple will not think it so unusual when it happens and comply.

I am sure my post and others like it will get the usual comments about being paranoid and that there is nothing to worry about etc. All I will say is we need to be equally prepared. Some of the local LE (hopefully most) will if it is ever implemented in this manner figure it out eventually and actually help protect thier neighbors rather then help tyrants implement martial law.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by joeroxor

They were definately gas masks

new topics

top topics

join