It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a way of debunking the birther conspiracy theory.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I've just been through the ordeal of getting a learners permit replaced because I lost my wallet. A thought just occurred to me: if I have to have a birth certificate when I get my learners permit, shouldn't there be similar requirements to get a drivers license? And if you're getting a drivers license, you would have to have a birth certificate. If Barack Obama had a valid drivers license at one point in time- wouldn't that prove that he is an American born citizen, because, he had an original birth certificate and not a certificate of live birth?

Anyhow. I've just done some sleuthing. I looked up the requirements for a drivers license in Illinois. You need a social security card, birth certificate, and everything that you would expect a car licensing place to have (whatever they're called).

Illinois seems ridiculously strict in comparison to my native state of Michigan. Thankfully, someone warned me before I went all the way across town that I would need 4 forms of ID to get an Illinois Driver’s
License. My old Driver’s License or State ID card counted as one, but I also needed my birth certificate, Social Security card, and either a current utility bill or copy of my lease.

The Illinois Secretary of State’s website lists different forms of acceptable ID, but basically they want four things: A state-issued identifier, proof of your birth, proof of your Social Security Number, and proof of your current residence. They are pretty picky about what they’ll take, so if you don’t have your Social Security card (for example), check the list to figure out what else is acceptable.

www.associatedcontent.com...

Even to get a drivers license in Hawaii, you'd have to have a birth certificate and not just a certificate of live birth to get one: hawaii.gov...

And, I've done a little bit more sleuthing, and, it turns out that he did indeed have a drivers license in one point in time in Chicago.

In addition to showing Obama’s Illinois driver’s license number, O150-0686-1221-0, it does show a clean record.

But what’s with the “Cont. Lic. Date” of 8-19-96? The date seems to be when he first applied for his Illinois Driver’s License, which he held consistently through its expiration date of 8-4-08.

Some background:
Obama first moved to Chicago in 1985 and may have used some mass transit occasionally as a Community Organizer. Obama began attending Harvard Law School in fall 1988. In 1989, he worked briefly at the Sidley Austin Law Firm in Chicago, as a summer associate from Harvard, where he met Michelle. They had a "long distance relationship" until he graduated from Harvard in May 1991. Obama returned to be the Illinois head of "Project Vote" (affiliated with "ACORN") while Michelle is hired as a Chicago mayoral assistant. On Dec. 17, 1991, Obama is admitted to the Illinois Bar. Obama and Michelle married Oct. 3, 1992.

BHO definitely owned and drove a car while wooing Michelle in Chicago between summer 1989 and October 1992. THIS is from the “60 Minutes” interview last year, while they were reminiscing of their early years together:

www.freerepublic.com...

Can people stop saying that Obama isn't an American citizen now? I think people are being extremely ridiculous and they need to be more rational. There was a lot more proof that Bush stole the election in 2000 than there is of Barack Obama being a foreign born citizen.

What do you all think?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
You do realize that legalized immigrants can get driver's licenses too right?

Besides, nobody disputes that he's an American citizen, just that he's an American-BORN citizen, which is the requirement for presidency.

[edit on 4/30/2010 by eNumbra]

[edit on 4/30/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

You do realize that a requirement for getting a drivers license in Chicago or Hawaii is that you have to have a birth certificate right? He couldn't have gotten one without it. He's an American born citizen. He couldn't have gotten a drivers license in Chicago without it.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

A state-issued identifier, proof of your birth, proof of your Social Security Number, and proof of your current residence.

Social security number and proof of name and age are required. Documents such as valid driver's license, birth certificate, military I.D., along with other supporting documents are necessary. U.S. citizenship or Hawaii residency is not required prior to obtaining a Hawaii driver's license

Hawaii doesn't require the BC, just suggests that one of the documents be a BC. "Such as" is not the same as "these following" otherwise nobody could get a driver's license as the first requirement would be a valid driver's license.

Why are you assuming that
1) It must be an American BC presented and not any BC?
2) They wouldn't accept a CoLB, considering everybody stating that they are the same thing?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
First off, good sleuthing and a good point of reference for checking information.

However, there is no question as to if Obama is a US citizen. There is question as to if he is a natural born citizen as required by the US Constitution. A person could be born in Moscow, Russia and still be eligible for a driver's license, especially if/when the person became naturalized as a full citizen.

The argument held by some of the more extreme viewpoints is why would they do such a thing (file for a certificate of live birth) back in 1961? Did they plan on him becoming president back then? Most likely not, however the plan to avoid INS red tape would have been reason enough to file the form.

The birth issue will not go away so long as there is doubt. Obfuscating information to end that doubt does not help things. Ranting on why shouldn't he provide proof does not end that doubt either.

I can think of no greater irony in that should amnesty be granted again in the near future, it will be signed into law by a man that has his own legal status still in question by a significant number of people.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

yeah you're right, but one could say people in chicago 'tend to find cars as bothersome, compared to the L train'

i'm pretty certain he is qualified to be president.
the only thing that can disconnect your theories is that people think obama is apart of the CIA, it would be easy to create the documents necessary.

really depends how many conspiracy theories need to join up to get the birther conspiracy hole-less...tends to [in the end] mean if one conspiracy dealing with him is not correct none are correct.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Yehhhh that's actually where most people need to stop thinking and UNDERSTAND..... the real world, day to day activities only applies to people... it doesn't however apply to those policy makers and rich people.

Just take any day activity and I mean any, watch as rich and famous scoot past check points, bypass procedures, and don't go through the lines... dude its isn't meant to be the same. even justice is different for people with money.

Power and money changes the rules.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

Are you okay? I'm not saying that none of the conspiracy theories regarding Barack Obama are true, nor, am I completely in the tank for Barack Obama. I'm just saying that Obama is an American born citizen and that if we criticize him that we should criticize him for real. I've found tons of criticism on him throughout his administration. But we shouldn't make stuff up. Even when we criticized Bush during the 8 years of his Presidency we talked about things that were real. Not things that were bunk like the birther conspiracy.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I think while you learn to drive, you should learn to research proper fact before commenting on something.

Why would anyone spend money on hiding their records or sealing them?

He was awarded FOREIGN AIDE MONIES FOR COLLEGE

This obviously means he was not born here.

Do you really have no clue as to whats really going on?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goethe
I think while you learn to drive, you should learn to research proper fact before commenting on something.

Why would anyone spend money on hiding their records or sealing them?

He was awarded FOREIGN AIDE MONIES FOR COLLEGE

This obviously means he was not born here.

I didn't know that. There was also an article with the headlines stating Kenyan born Obama politicaldoc.wordpress.com...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Goethe

Being awarded foreign money for colleges doesn't mean that he wasn't born here. It's a commonly well known fact that Obama has a family that was from Africa. He wasn't born in Africa. He was born in Hawaii. But the rest of his family was born somewhere else, and, that's where he got the money to go to college, since they paid for it (I'm assuming that).

And, there are tons of articles saying that he was born in Kenya, or, in Hawaii. The point is that to get a valid drivers license you have to have a birth certificate. And, just because you believe Obama is a U.S. born naturalized citizen, doesn't mean that you're completely in the tank for him and you don't have any idea what's going on.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Nice try but anyone who thinks Obama is natural born has simply dismissed the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. There have been numerous threads on it with plenty of links.

People need to quit quit trying to promote thier pet theory and simply look at all the evidence objectively, there is only one possible conclusion.

Now I am sure some mental giant will come on and say "what evidence" show me blah blah... to you I will say read the previous lines I wrote and start following the links and spare us the emotional rhetoric.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I've just been through the ordeal of getting a learners permit replaced because I lost my wallet. A thought just occurred to me: if I have to have a birth certificate when I get my learners permit, shouldn't there be similar requirements to get a drivers license? What do you all think?

I think you are not correct. There is always a list of documents that will be accepted as proof of citizenship. You are not required to prove you were born in the United States in order to obtain a driver's license. That makes sense right? Otherwise the immigration debate would be all about how its illegal for legal immigrants to drive?

Even so, Obama has been connected since he was very young and it would not be difficult at all for his handlers to have pushed through a forgery to obtain a driver's license.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Why do people seem to think it would be so hard to fake Obama's credentials regarding his birth place? George Bush was elected to two terms even though he lost both elections. So to put it this way, if the rich and powerful want something done it will get done.

top topics

join