It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of this World, or Out of Our Minds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I've been looking at world events, religions, governments, earth changes for well over 20 years and...well...anybody remember the song, "Doctor, My Eyes"?

A little explanation first…let me tell you about my lifestyle.

We live over 20 miles from a paved road, way off the grid. No AC power near by (15 miles away), no cell or land line phones at all, just satellite internet, run on solar power. We eat bread we make with four we grind, cooked in our wood cookstove that also heats our small house. We are in the middle of a beautiful ranch in New Mexico, surrounded by cattle and breathtaking views of mountains. When we open the front door, it’s like when Dorothy opened he door and first viewed Munchkinland, except after a year here, we still marvel at its beauty every day. See what I mean at www.watchrepairworld.com/gallery.htm

We spend our days building fences out of cedar slash from the wood we cut ourselves, sweeping the dust from our floor back outside (a never ending battle) and doing internet research about world events and what’s coming up next. We have “come out of the world” about as far as possible at this point.

What we see of world events tells us that it’s time to invite others of like-mind to be with us on this piece of land and sprout the seeds of a new, better world, starting here. Anyone have any suggestions, comments about how we can accomplish this?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
My advice would be to not invite anyone to the Compound, especially the day you join here

At least have a plan and agenda to rope us in first. Whisper in our ear a little to begin, if you will.

Sounds creepy, doesn't it?

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Signals]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
In theory Id say count me in...however im guessing there is a catch...afterall, if you live in a house im guessing it took money to build or buy it or atleast buy the land. there fore im guessing id need to stump up some cash to live there...Oh and on top of that I aint a U.S. citizen so id have to be an illegal...but it dont bother me if it dont bother you, or maybe your that beautiful 23 year old girl with a free house ive been waiting for?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by svisioner

New Mexico is a very beautiful state, and in order to keep the place you live at serene you need to keep people and sprawl away from it.

Do you really want to see subdivisions going up near where you live?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
That's not an issue here. We have 40 acres and are surrounded by pristine, active, cattle pasture. There is no -- and never will be -- a power grid here. This is rugged, rugged land, not for the faint of heart. Our nearest neighbor is 5 miles away, and he's a hermit! But living here sure lets you know just what you are capable of!

Peace,
Sheila

new topics

top topics

join