U.S. ID card, ultimate solution to the illegal immigration problem

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Earlier I had stated that I fully support the new Arizona law on illegal immigration.
I stated that it is not about racial profiling.
But in order to be absolutely fair to everyone, I would even go a step further.
I propose that it should be made mandatory that Arizona law enforcement officials demand the legal status of any person (regardless of skin color) when that person is committing or has committed a crime, even if that person happens to be Caucasian-looking who speaks perfect American English with no foreign accent whatsoever.

The reason for this would be that it is impossible for any law enforcement official to prove that a person is a U.S. citizen or that the person is in the U.S. legally, simply be looking at the color of his or her skin.
A driver's license does not indicate U.S. citizenship or that the person is in the U.S. legally.

Unfortunately, most U.S. citizens do not carry with them any document to prove that they are U.S. citizens, i.e., birth certificate, U.S. passport or certificate of naturalization.

This is why I believe that ultimately the U.S. must begin to seriously consider giving each U.S. citizen a tamper-proof U.S. National Identify card.
Many nations of the world already require their citizens to carry national ID cards with them at all times.
This may sound very Orwellian, but I believe that it has to be done.
We need a Federally issued U.S. National ID card, just like a U.S. passport.
Another ID card, besiders driver's licence, will be not such a burdn to carry at all times.
In the future, even some type of Biometric ID system may come into the picture, like it or not.
We are already living in a world without much privacy, anyway.
This may not prevent all crimes or stop terrorism, but it will be a first step to curtail them.

Norio Hayakawa
www.myspace.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Norio Hayakawa

Ahh now I see where this immigration thing is going. Seems logical that they will use this to push the ID CARD along with the biometric RFID so the police no longer have to "racial profile" people and can just know everything about someone with a wave of their magic wand.

I like how the OP goes "we don't have much privacy left anyway, so lets just abolish the rest of the small amount of privacy that we do have. No big deal..." Might as well just get the chips put in our brains eh? Not many people have any brains left anyway...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

How about we just electronically tag every human born on earth and then when we wander out of our pens we can be tracked and corralled back.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Norio Hayakawa
tamper-proof

No such thing, but that alone is not enough to scupper your ideas.

I think certainly, once a crime has been committed, or there is some reasonable suspicion (in legal terms), then sure, ask people for any papers you want, and if you find an illegal, kick them out, put them in prison labour gangs, put them to the firing squad, whatever will satisify the proles.

Something I worry about with national ID cards, is that it's just another way to build databases and lists on the population. The less lists we keep on the population, the better, in my view. Once those lists are compiled and available, it becomes very tempting to abuse them, such as the census bureau passing on details of Americans of Japanese ancestry in WW2 to enable the round up.

Edit for grammar/spelling issues

[edit on 30/4/2010 by harpsounds]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
For those of you who still have not accepted it. We are already beyond the of no return. Now people are actually telling the government "take away our freedoms and make us carry ID cards". this is because the sheeple have been conditioned by the media, which is predominantly owned by a tiny group of men such as R. Murdoch. These media moguls work hand in hand with elements of the government, the most evil men on the planet, for their own agendas. this has nothing to do with mexican immigrants or islamic extremists and everything to do with controlling your every move. And this internet that we communicate on is just another example of a way to monitor and intercept whatever you write or post online. Like I said we have already gone beyond the point of no return...unless your all willing to go back to snail mail or better yet the pidgeon post.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
land of the free, home of the brave....unless of course you arent a card-carrying member.....

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I don't think your solution goes far enough. Just shoot the suckers on sight.
It's the only way to be sure.

That's how your sounding like.

You are living in la la land if you think we can stop illegal immigration with stinking badges.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Good gawd, your comments scare the heck out of me! "We don't have much privacy left anyway"? Hey, since we're going with the slippery slope justification, let's just enact martial law, kerfews and interstate check points. Let's install readers at the doors of any commercial/gov't building to read the Federal ID card you're so eager to have made mandatory to carry to see if your legal.

Better yet, let's just put a chip in everyone. I sure can't wait to give up all my freedoms so that people like you can stick it to the illegals!!!

Sheeze....you want a much simpler solution?? Yearly audit checks on employers to verify their employees are legal. If there's no employers hiring illegals, there's no incentive for illegals to be here. Hey, how about better border security while were at it. Sure seems a much simpler solution to systematically requiring LEGAL American citizens giving up their rights because others break the law.

edit to add: the only reason I am flagging this thread is because more members need to be aware of the mentality were dealing with. I suggest that others flag this even if you don't agree with the OP's assertions.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by nunya13]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
A national ID card will do absolutely nothing to correct the problem with illegale immigration. You see most illegale immigrants choose to violate the laws of the country and work hard at being non detected. All the national ID card will do is control the actual population. The businesses who hire illegale immigration and the other things that draws such here will continue unless they put a stop to such practices and put some teeth into it, to include, jail time, loss of business and resources. By doing that then the message is sent that such will not be tolerated and the practice will stop.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
According to Norio's Myspace Profile his occupation is:
"Civilian Intelligence Operations"

I wonder if he is posting his support for this police state BS to gauge public reaction.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Here is the Huffington Post article on it from today via a Yahoo news site:

news.yahoo.com...

It kind of impresses me that the people considered paranoid conspiracy theorists by many were right all along. I'll start listening more closely.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

You are insane, you are doing EXACTLY what TPTB want, I am not a "U.S. citizen", I AM AN AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You GD dumbasses can't even understand the legal language and the legal problems YOU are creating for everyone else. This pisses me off to no end and I do not care one bit if the mods come in here and warn me or take this post out.

WAKE THE HELL UP ALREADY!!!!

WE the PEOPLE.........DO NOT LIVE in the United States, we live in AMERICA, get it right or get the hell out!!

Learn the magic language, the zip code is the problem too, it denotes FEDERAL TERRITORY, by accepting mail with a zip cod eto your home address you are consenting that you LIVE IN THE U.S. or one of IT'S territories. THIS IS FRAUD.

The Social Security Number
and
Use of the Zip Code
Just as there are two united states: the UNITED STATES democracy corporation and the united states of America the republic of we the people; there are two post offices: the United States Post Office and the United States Postal Service. The United States Post Office is non-domestic (see DMM 122.32 as amended) and is for "we the people" outside of the federal territories, whereas the United States Postal Service is domestic, is for government use and is for federal territories.
Whenever you use zip codes, you are stating that you live in a federal territory or that you are living in a state as a federal employee or citizen subject to all of the codes, rules and regulations of the federal corporation. General delivery seems to be the best way to get your mail, as some suggest that the use of an address or post box also grants federal jurisdiction. You are not a USPS customer, so you do not have to fill out a USPS Form to Request General Delivery nor is general delivery only available for 30 days as the USPS will tell you, because again, you are not a customer, you are a transient - just a passing through. It is alright for you to use the social security number and to receive benefits, as long as you do so as the agent for the fiction via the redemption process.

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is NOT an agency of the government.
The IRS came into the United States through the Bretton-Woods Agreement. It operates on the premise that someone has said they owe money to the IRS and the IRS is allowed to collect it.

The American people have been turned up side down by the premise to self assess and to voluntarily comply via payments made under the penalty of perjury. This is the only self-assessment and voluntary compliance of any taxation placed upon the American people. When you self-assess your own taxes and voluntarily comply under the penalty of perjury, you have become an IRS agent against yourself and subject to Section 6065 of the Internal Revenue Code.
Emphasis mine

From the "Redemption Manual" book..page 87

loveforlife.com.au...

It's time we stood up for ourselves and stopped whining about every littel damn thing. Grow a pair already you gutless wonders!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

The ever growing problem of illegal immigration is a Draconian problem.
Draconian problems require Draconian solutions. However, the suggestion of a U.S. ID card, I don't think, it that Draconia a solution.

But what about those estimated 12 million illegals who are here already?
Indeed this is a big problem.
It may be logistically impossible to deport them en masse.
What should be done to these people?

Here is my suggestion:

Those who can prove that they have been here for 20 years or more and can prove it with documentation, should be made eligible for citizenship (only upon earnest request) or for Permanent Residency status, provided that they pass a thorough background check, pay back taxes, pay a stiff penalty (for example, let's make it $1,776 each) and get a certificate of completion from an E.S.L. school (English as a foreign language school).

Those who can prove that they have been here for 5 years or more (but less than 20 years) with documentation, should not initially be made eligible for U.S. citizenship but should be made initially eligible only for a Permanent Residency status, provided that they also pass a thorough background check, pay back taxes, pay a stiff penalty (for example, let's make it $1,776 each) and get a certification from an E.S.L. school.

For those who have been here less than 5 years, the only recourse will be to voluntarily return to their point of origin.
Will they leave?
They will eventually leave if they cannot find jobs here.

In order to do this, the U.S. must thoroughly enforce the law that penalizes the hiring of illegals, i.e., those who do not possess the U.S. citizenship or Permanent Residency status or Work Visas.

Norio Hayakawa
www.myspace.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
So here's a question: If you believe immigration is such an issue(which it isnt), why would you want this already broken country to put forth the massive expense it would take to put an ID card in everyones hands? Isnt that throwing money at a problem that is draining you of money?

Would it not be far more prudent, cost-effective, and logical to start enforcing laws on the BUSINESSES that look to save pennies by hiring undocumented workers for pennies? Are they not AT LEAST as much as responsible for the issue?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by splitlevel
For those of you who still have not accepted it. We are already beyond the of no return.... this has nothing to do with mexican immigrants or islamic extremists and everything to do with controlling your every move.

Definitely xenophobia, more than anything else, is the Illuminati's best friend.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think another point that needs to be made is this. What happened along the way where one group of people got the idea that because they happened to be born on the "right side of the fence" that it made them more worthy to have a decent life. These people who are obsessed with illegal immigration should thank their lucky stars that their fore fathers and mothers were so easily admitted into america. How quickly people forget where they came from. The ones with the biggest mouths who shout the loudest on immigration are the grandsons or great grandsons and daughters of immigrants, immigrants who had to flee europe or russian due to poverty or war. If your precious border was policed as tightly as it is today, back then, you who shout the loudest, would still be pesant farmers in eastern europe or some other developing country.
Every human being has the right to a better life and most of the "illegal aliens" work a damn sight harder picking crops, working construction or cleaning your houses than most legal americans. A citizen of the world should have the birth right to go and live where ever the hell they want to, without being forced to live in a shanti town because they werent lucky enough to be born in the "right place".

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
So here's a question: If you believe immigration is such an issue(which it isnt), why would you want this already broken country to put forth the massive expense it would take to put an ID card in everyones hands? Isnt that throwing money at a problem that is draining you of money?

Would it not be far more prudent, cost-effective, and logical to start enforcing laws on the BUSINESSES that look to save pennies by hiring undocumented workers for pennies? Are they not AT LEAST as much as responsible for the issue?

Apparently you have not read my post correctly.
Immigration is not the issue. The issue is ILLEGAL immigration.
Also you have not read my post about one remedy:

In order to do this, the U.S. must thoroughly enforce the law that penalizes the hiring of illegals, i.e., those who do not possess the U.S. citizenship or Permanent Residency status or Work Visas.

So, what information should be on the proposed U.S. ID card?

For those born in the U.S.:

Photo, Date of birth, city and State of birth, Social Security Number and current address.

For those who were naturalized:

Photo, Date of birth, city and Country of birth, Social Security Number, current addres, date of naturalization, city and State where naturalized, and naturalization number as indicated on certificate of naturalization.

Norio Hayakawa
www.myspace.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Norio Hayakawa

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Apparently you have not read my post correctly.
Immigration is not the issue. The issue is ILLEGAL immigration.
Also you have not read my post about one remedy:

So, what information should be on the proposed U.S. ID card?

For those born in the U.S.:

Photo, Date of birth, city and State of birth, Social Security Number and current address.

For those who were naturalized:

Photo, Date of birth, city and Country of birth, Social Security Number, current addres, date of naturalization, city and State where naturalized, and naturalization number as indicated on certificate of naturalization.

Norio Hayakawa
www.myspace.com...

Oh, i did read it, and i did get it.; Apparently you are going to choose to deflect on my lack of use of the word 'illegal' (and it was left out ideologically, which i dont expect you to understand), as opposed to addressing the topic. Thats cool i guess. Seems to be the way the trolls roll around here these days.

I will simply ask again, since you chose not to answer it in any way:

So here's a question: If you believe immigration is such an issue(which it isnt), why would you want this already broken country to put forth the massive expense it would take to put an ID card in everyones hands? Isnt that throwing money at a problem that is draining you of money? Would it not be far more prudent, cost-effective, and logical to start enforcing laws on the BUSINESSES that look to save pennies by hiring undocumented workers for pennies? Are they not AT LEAST as much as responsible for the issue?

Now, will you answer it? Or will you deflect again? You have already given away your position and who you are, and where your allegiance lies. Will you show any amount of depth on the subject, or will you continue to roll by the disinfo playbook?

new topics
top topics

join