It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Diplomat get's introduced to Houston Police!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
In the article it said the he pulled over and when the cops failed to "take action" or get out of the car he got back on the road. Then he headed to the consulate where he was "assaulted" although that term is not being used at this point.

I wonder when people will start treating each other as individual people instead of representing the chinese diplomat as some Chinese Representative who is 10 times too high on a pedestal if you asked me. Hes just a man. When a man decides to not act in accordance to laws, and if he cannot learn the laws of the country he is residing in... I feel they shouldn't remain there. I'm not a senator or some counsel designed to tell folks what to do... All we can do is sit back and watch how our government handles it. Its stupid if you ask me. We have more important things to worry about then a guy getting punched in the face. I've gotten in worse accidents with more pain involved but it an accident. I dont see how when a guy resists arrest he should expect to be treated like a king or president. Hes just another person assuming an authority position... if he abuses it... such actions are warranted I feel.

Every Person on this world is a person, regarless of rank, age and color they have gone through different experiences that develop them into the person they are. In the end though, the only way to determine whether someone has earned their position is through the demonstration of true character. None of these guys seem to have that good of character, but we are all human.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Of course the man should have stopped...but after all, in Texas he no doubt heard many horror stories about the cops abusing suspects and he was in fear...that accounts for not stopping until he got to the embassy.

But once the cops saw him and could see he was a diplomat, they should have gone away. NOT arrested him.

it has been said by many judges that it is not suprising when a minority citizen runs from the police when they appear: So many times the cops would abuse the people and stop and detain them and illegally SEARCH THEM without cause..intimidating and bluffing and threatening...it is all part and parcel of a cop today.

So naturally a citizen gets a flight instinct when they see a cop...a cop means a likley bad experience no matter if guilty or not...cops are seen as the enemy.

Do NOT tell me that most Americans see the cops as saviours and heroe's...most all people under 50 who get out and about have no doubt seen the abuses the cop rain down on us day after day.

So it is perfectly understandable when someone flees..it is a reaction to the certain knowledge that at the least it will be bad..and at worse you lose your life. Since the cops in this case INJURED the diplomat, they will get a medal from the chief for not killing the guy no doubt.

Every cop should be videotaped and audiotaped every moment he is in service, without the ability to turn it off. When he gets a restroom break, he calls it in and the camera turns off for a minute or two and then back on....that way there is NO room for lying. OF COURSE most all cop HATE the idea as it would show to all the devious and intrusive methods they use to terrorize the public day in and day out.

Cops must be watched and assumed to be against us....a sad fact. We must protect ourselves from them, not the other way around. maybe some day we live free....

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

The Police did the right thing.

Apparently this Chinese diplomat was trying to abuse the "Diplomatic Immunity". Chinese officials are infamous for being spoiled and corrupted. It takes a few mins before the police approach the car. The official must thought: "HOW DARE YOU MADE ME WAIT FOR YOU???? DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" so he escaped and thought he could get away by entering the consulate....Really embarassing for Chinese people. Being a Chinese, I apologize for my country fellow's unacceptable behavior. I hope the police will not get in trouble.

<< 1  2   >>

join