It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Diplomat get's introduced to Houston Police!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Hey rcwj1975, a Chinese consulate is out of police jurisdiciton. They are lucky that some Chinese guards didn't open up with AK-47s. And guess what... They would have been within their rights to do so. That consulate is Chinese territory.

Perhaps if the Gorillas wouldn't have been in such a hurry to pull the guy out of the car and injure him they might have noticed where they were at. But truth be told though, I'd bet they knew exactly where they were at. They were just in too much of a blind rage to care since the guy had the audacity to flee.

And he was probably fleeing because he was terrified of the Gorillas. Now I wonder why anyone could ever be afraid of the Gorillas? Could it be that the Chinese watch the Youtube police brutality videos too?

I don't care how you try and rationalize it. They're goose is cooked. Your Gorillas are toast.

Don't like it? Go change the international laws.. Oh, that's right, cops are above the laws now days, I almost forgot.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by warequalsmurder]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pizzanazi75

So you claim a diplomat can drive around without license plates and not be stopped....So, how in the heck are the local police supposed to know that the car and driver belong to a consulate????? therefore having diplomatic immunity...

[edit on 4/30/2010 by rangersdad]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
So a car is driving on the roadway WITHOUT a plate. An officer decides to pull that car over and find out who it is and why the vehicle isn't registered. Driver of the car refuses to stop and drives away trying to duck into a parking garage. Cops then get to driver, who I am oh so sure, didn't flaunt his position and ability to piss all over the laws of the US...and got arrested....yeah let me sit back and cry him a river.....sounds like the ONLY people abusing anything were the Chinese by not having a plate on their car then failing to stop when an officer turned on his lights....but yeah this is the cops fault...

I completely agree, and by the number of stars that you received, others agree as well. I don't give a rats butt if their diplomats or not, if you violate the laws, the LEOS's have a DUTY to pull you over.
And let's see about the c/o injury, that the hands cuffs were too tight. Too bad! get the heck out of our country chop chop!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

You obviously have no idea of what you speak. Not everyone attached to a consulate have immunity and in the event of an arrest (Yes the can be detained in an investigation) until the Resident Diplomat or one of his deputies from the consulate show up and bring proper identification and proof of the persons status under the consulates protection.
If you've ever had to deal with the slugs that are part of the Diplomatic Corp. you would know that they are arrogant POS's that feel they have entitlements. Specially if they are from countries with less than positive grades on the civil rights of their citizens. These cops might be in trouble but they did nothing that can be considered illegal under consulate protocols.

Zindo

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

Yes I do......the cops can try to stop him ...but the diplomat is under no obligation to stop....license plate or not. He is covered by .... let's all say it together..... DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

I obviously do know what I am talking about. Diplomatic Immunity does come in several levels...agreed. But I guarantee you that of all countries with Diplomats in the U.S. the chinese have covered their Diplomats. I guarantee you that these 'police officers' won't have a job much longer. And I also guarantee that none of the cops involved will be traveling to China any time soon.

Edit to add....and like it or not (which I don't) .... they are entitled. That's what Diplomatic Immunity gives them ... entitlement. ;-)

[edit on 30-4-2010 by pizzanazi75]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

So you are saying that they would have been better off just by laying down a spike strip or shooting the driver since hes an a$$hole in the first place.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

No, I am not saying that.....you are.

And as the saying goes.....it takes an a$$h0Le to know one. ;-)

Maybe he was driving a toyota and was unable to stop....... ;-)

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Mind if I use one of your lines?

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. That's the rules you expect us all to live by everyday and we are reminded by you when we don't. So man up and "take the pill" that your authority only extends over certain persons within specific boundaries. That may or may not be what you thought you signed up for, but it is reality.

The solution - temporary demotion & retraining for LEO's involved.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I found this chart online
en.wikipedia.org...

And if I recall correctly, the original article said the driver was a consul general. According to this chart if I am reading it right, he can be issued a traffic ticket and his residence may be entered.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Again you and the other members can say what you want, but please read up on the laws and PROCEDURES of diplomats while in this country. That car BY LAW has to stop. They may not be cited, may be above arrest and charges (depending on the circumstances), but they DO have to stop. Keep in mind I work down here in good old Atlanta with many oh Diplomats driving through or here for "business".....I know what can and cannot be enforced and what is expected of them while here...ESPECIALLY the ones NOT covered by the Immunity agreement.....

Again you don't just say "hey I got diplomatic ammunity" and are automatically released, and you sure as hell don't just drive an unlicensed vehicle around and say "hey I got diplomatic immunity". Not how it works....

Let me provide you with some info that will actually show you....

www.state.gov...

Under the topic "CAN BE ISSUED TRAFFIC CITATIONS" Please tell me what answer the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT provides...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Oh and still waiting on the actual details about him getting injured, BEFORE I comment....

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I know!! The Chinese diplomat injured HIMSELF!! The thug cops stood back and watched him smash himself all over the place and then they took him in for ' his protection'...right? please...

The cops here will NEVER admit that another cop is wrong. They always say" I have not seen it all...I have not heard it all...I want to wait for the cops report'...as if a cops report has any validity to it....as they LIE like dogs day and night.

Texas cops are especially brutal and vicious. Sure, Atlanta has its share of fine cops...like the ones that MURDERED the grannie and planted weed in her home...typical cops all. those just happened to get caught...if they had not been caught, they would have been doing the same thing....thankfully, a few of them are now in federal prison, and sadly they never send these scumbag cops to a real pen...they always send them to a country club joint so the other inmates will not give them exactly what they deserve.

Give up on any accountability for most all cops...they are criminals with badges and violate the laws and Constitution on a daily basis...all day long.

As soon as the thug cops in Texas saw that it was a CHINESE man in a fine suit, they should have shaken the redneck out of their brains and realized that they were in a diplomatic area and the man was likley a diplomat!! Duh...how hard is that to figure out?? Well, for a cop who only wants a violent confrontation and relishes beating people and abusing them like the sick freaks they are, of COURSE they are going to injure the driver and abuse him....I hope that the cops get FIRED and that the chinese raise so much hell that the cops have to take a class on where the diplomatic buildings are located and what they are suposed to do.

Many many years ago when I was a kid, I was working at a private club in Miami, and a very drunk diplomate staggered out of the club and onto the main drag, US1. I tried to get him back safely into the club but he was upset about something and wasted on booze. The cops came and as soon as he said: I have diplomatic immunity, you cannot arrest me', the cops made a few calls and drove away, asking me to make sure he didn't get in the road again. I managed with the club manager to get him back inside but even back then the cops knew that it was a tricky business and they had better back off.

diplomacy is far beyond the brain power of a cop, and they should know when to leave and leave the people alone. This is a case where the cops should have known that as soon as they saw a CHINESE man in an expensive suit in the CHINESE embassy, it was time to leave.

Instead they used TYPICAL excess force and injured the man, as they do so many others for their sick kicks. May those cops loase all they have and get put on desk duty forever...for being stupid.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
i just think that its !@#$ed up that if i hit a cop ill go to jail for the rest of my life.

but if that cop hits me nothing happens. at the very worst he gets a slap on the wrist. one of those "on suspension with pay"... (vacation..)

i wish i could get a vacation everytime i felt like beating the crap out of somebody. must be nice.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Basically what I am seeing is that some of the members here feel that it is OK for the diplomat to run from American Law Enforcement Personnel.

While the diplomat may have immunity, that doesn't mean he can violate laws of the United States. They are still obligated to comply.

That said the Officers had a job to do. On routine stops the officers dont have the gear that movies pretend they do. They dont know who is in the car and what is going on.

My bet is this guy broke the law, the officers thought he was a citizen and the DIPLOMAT failed to tell the officers of his "immunity", and he was being non compliant. WHILE HE KNEW he could GET AWAY with BREAKING THE LAW, he failed to disclose his identity. Either that or he was doing a childish, guess who I am, you cant touch me thing.

Either way the diplomat was in the wrong. Immunity or not, I cant believe yall are supporting Chinese Diplomats running rampant in the U.S. No wonder the U.S. is flushing down the stinker.

Good Job U.S. Citizens... you dont even deserve the soil your standing on

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by richierich

Ahhh good old richierich....lets see here.

First: As for NEVER admitting fellow officers do wrong and all, you obviously either CHOSE to ignore my MANY other posts that have time and time again put blame on officers who made bad decisions or blatenly abused someones rights, OR your hate for LEO's has once again simply clouded your response.

Second: As for the Atlanta cops who shot Mrs Johnston, who arrested, charged, and sent to prison those officers? YOU? No fellow officers...just like fellow officers arrest and prosecute bad officers all the time...meaning your theory about us NEVER policing our own is just not true.

Third: Sure, the Asian man in a suit is why the officers turned their attention to his UNLICENSED car.

Fourth: Learn Diplomatic Law before commenting...because so far all of you cop haters who THINK you understand diplomatic law and the procedures we follow to enforce it or not, you OBVIOUSLY have NO CLUE! And I even provided you with the most up to date link on what can be done and carried out against diplomats. Now mind you, even though they may be above arrest on scene, DOESN'T put them above inquiry....but I won't get into that as you and a few other members can't even understand basic diplomatic outlines when it comes to law enforcment vs immunity agreements.

Finally: Good seeing you again richie...I'll be looking forward to more biased, untrue and overdramtic responses as always.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
Basically what I am seeing is that some of the members here feel that it is OK for the diplomat to run from American Law Enforcement Personnel.

While the diplomat may have immunity, that doesn't mean he can violate laws of the United States. They are still obligated to comply.

American Diplomats don't behave that way, why should the Chinese?

Drunken US Diplomat Avoids Responsibility

Russian activists want the US Ambassador to Russia to account for a hit-and-run incident involving an American diplomat, which happened eleven years ago. 300 youth activists from the Young Russia movement have gathered near the US Embassy in Moscow in support of Aleksandr Kashin, who was hit by a former Consul General in Vladivostok, Douglas Kent, back in 1998.

Activists said that earlier they had left several dozen questions concerning Kashin's destiny on current US Ambassador John Beyrle's blog. However, in response, the diplomat deleted all the questions. Serving in Russia's Far East, Douglas Kent's SUV collided with Aleksandr Kashin's car. According to police and eyewitness reports, the diplomat was drunk.

Kent was not arrested due to his diplomatic immunity and left the country soon afterwards. The car crash left Aleksandr Kashin partially paralyzed and struggling to pay his health bills. Denied compensation by the US department of State, and by Douglas Kent, he filed and won a lawsuit in America, but the ruling was later overturned by a Federal Appeals Court, RussiaToday reports.

Drunk US dip costs CDA Rs2.5m

ISLAMABAD - A US diplomat, allegedly drunk and ignoring red traffic signal, rammed his Prado jeep (LG-1) into the CDA fire-brigade vehicle near Radio Pakistan Chowk here Sunday, causing Rs 2.5 million loss to CDA.

According to Station House Officer (SHO), Secretariat Police Station, preliminary investigations revealed the diplomat was drunk. Eyewitnesses said the fire-brigade vehicle was coming from Radio Pakistan Chowk towards National Library when the diplomat’s vehicle, breaking the red signal, hit it. They said after the incident, the US diplomat even did not bother to come out from his vehicle and later the US security personnel took him along with them without allowing the police their lawful procedures.

US Diplomat Allegedly Received Tips Before Fleeing

An American diplomat in South Korea who fled to the Philippines, two days before U.S. authorities were to strip him of diplomatic immunity, might have benefited from advance tips, a local daily said Saturday.

Dario Thomas, a 50-year-old official with the Department of Homeland Security, is accused of swindling 220 million won from a local widow, identified only by her last name, Lim.

Thomas left the country on March 3, two days before he would lose his diplomatic immunity.

The police suspect that the American government "tipped" the accused in advance about the U.S. imminent decision on invalidating his diplomatic privilege, which would lead him to subject to the South Korean judicial investigation, Chosun Ilbo said on Saturday.

I could go on - the list of grievances is quite long.

Point is, with diplomacy, you get what you give: if your diplomats have a habit of ignoring the cops when stationed abroad, other countries will do the same - and raise hell when their diplomats are mistreated. It's not a one way street.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Key is our guys still dealt with the local cops...they DIDN'T run from them. Sure they didn't get charged, just like most do not here for actual crimes...but again, when a US Diplomat is being pulled over for something in another country...guess what they do....they STOP! Then they play the diplomatic card.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Key is our guys still dealt with the local cops...they DIDN'T run from them. Sure they didn't get charged, just like most do not here for actual crimes...but again, when a US Diplomat is being pulled over for something in another country...guess what they do....they STOP! Then they play the diplomatic card.

No, you're wrong.

In the first story, he fled the country.

In the second, he stayed in his (iimmobile) vehicle until US security got there - and refused to deal with the local cops.

In the third, he fled the country before the cops could deal with him.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
In the first story, he fled the country.

He DID deal with law enforcement....they determined him to be drunk but could not charge him due to the immunity deal. He THEN fled the country. They didn't try to pull him over and he kept driving....I agree its BS and his behind should be locked up and have to pay for his actions, but regarding having to deal directly with local Russian LE...he did.

In the second, he stayed in his (iimmobile) vehicle until US security got there - and refused to deal with the local cops.

This was an accident where they SUSPECT he was drunk. He refused to get out of the car and deal with the locals until our delegates arrived. Again, he's an idiot and should be locked up....but he didn't actively drive away from the cops trying to stop him...he was already stopped (accident) and refused to cooperate...not sure what the dimplomatic laws of Pakistan are but it appears they need changing...especially when in an accident.

In the third, he fled the country before the cops could deal with him.

Again he didn't activily run from a cop who was trying to stop him. He committed a crime and ran before being questioned.

I am talking about the cops actually trying to stop a diplomat and them running from them or refusing to stop for them. Here or abroad they have to, if they do not I will not feel bad for them no matter the outcome...no matter what country they are from, Americans included.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join