It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Diplomat get's introduced to Houston Police!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Chinese Diplomat get's introduced to Houston Police!

www.chron.com

Exerpt:

An investigation is under way after three Houston police officers allegedly injured a Chinese diplomat during an arrest at the country’s consulate on Montrose last week.
The arrest occurred in the parking garage of the Chinese Consulate at 3417 Montrose Saturday, according to a news release from Mayor Anise Parker.
Chinese diplomat Yu Boren, deputy consul general, was arrested and allegedly injured.
The officers have been placed on desk duty while the case is being investigated by the Houston Police Department and the U.S. State Department.
HPD declined comment except to say t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Don't these Chinese people know that our Police believe that they are above the law now?

Ha, ha, ha.

Welcome to America Mr. Diplomat.

Yet another example or two of how the Gorillas are doing anything that they think they want to these days. Well this event should get a few of them in some hot water to say the least and I hope it does.

This too within the same article: The case comes at a time when HPD is investigating allegations that eight police officers were involved in the beating of a 15-year-old burglary suspect while he was being handcuffed last month following a brief chase.

As to the 15 year old, he was on the ground, cuffed and not resisting. A storage garage camera caught that piece of work.

www.chron.com

[edit on 30-4-2010 by warequalsmurder]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It's called diplomatic immunity. The laws in America do not apply to people here with that title.

This story proves nothing.

The officer might lose his job, though!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Wrongo.

It proves that the Gorillas think that they can do anything now. I'm sure this guy hollered that he was a Diplomat a few times as he was being beaten. Any sane person would have while they were being roughed up.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So a car is driving on the roadway WITHOUT a plate. An officer decides to pull that car over and find out who it is and why the vehicle isn't registered. Driver of the car refuses to stop and drives away trying to duck into a parking garage. Cops then get to driver, who I am oh so sure, didn't flaunt his position and ability to piss all over the laws of the US...and got arrested....yeah let me sit back and cry him a river.....sounds like the ONLY people abusing anything were the Chinese by not having a plate on their car then failing to stop when an officer turned on his lights....but yeah this is the cops fault...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Another hate thread toward the LAWS and their enforcers. The diplofool broke the LAW and was treated accordingly. If these men lose their job over this, I think the voters might have some more Pink Slips waiting in the coming election, oh wait the November Pink Slips have been printed already.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by warequalsmurder
Don't these Chinese people know that our Police believe that they are above the law now?

Ha, ha, ha.

Welcome to America Mr. Diplomat.

Yet another example or two of how the Gorillas are doing anything that they think they want to these days. Well this event should get a few of them in some hot water to say the least and I hope it does.

This too within the same article: The case comes at a time when HPD is investigating allegations that eight police officers were involved in the beating of a 15-year-old burglary suspect while he was being handcuffed last month following a brief chase.

As to the 15 year old, he was on the ground, cuffed and not resisting. A storage garage camera caught that piece of work.

www.chron.com

[edit on 30-4-2010 by warequalsmurder]

Yea, you can bet your last dollar that these cops will lose their job. The State dept. takes diplomatic immunity seriously and for good reason.

reply to post by rcwj1975

The reason why they take it seriously is because many of our own diplomats across the world have done alot of bad things and diplomatic immunity has saved many of them. Also it protects people because when we do it to the Chinese or any countries diplomats, then they will do it to ours from being jailed, beaten and even killed (you see what they would do is to say so and so was killed by a robber but it may have been an agent of the govt.). You don't play games of thinking you can get away with this or that because they will play games also. Another thing when american officials even low ranking ones go to other countries immunity or no, they are monitored. Like if your in a hotel you may be getting taped so your careful what you say over an unprotected phone in another country an your an American official. These cops thought they could do what they wanted and it didn't work out for them, they probably thought like all hyper aggressive animals that once this person didn't respond to them then its okay to attack essentially like a great white attacking it's food. Like a blitz attack.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

For once you got it right rcwj1975! It is the cop's fault in both situations.

Arresting a diplomat on consulate property is beyond their jurisdiction like it or not.

Now that would have been one mistake. But then the Gorillas beat the guy. Can you say Oh Sh#t, dumb Gorillas"? I'll but you can.

And as to the kid they beat on the ground, yeah, that was the cop's fault too. You don't get to beat people who are cuffed and not resisting whether you want to or not.

And these cops wonder why people hate them so much these days.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

For once you got it right rcwj1975! It is the cop's fault in both situations.

Gotta love sarcasm...

Arresting a diplomat on consulate property is beyond their jurisdiction like it or not.

Sure is IF you know the person that is pulling into that garage is in fact a diplomat. They are issued license plates...if they are to stupid to put it on or to ABOVE THE LAW to care, then they need to answer for it. Your assuming with no license plate, no diplomatic markings, and a failure to pull over, the cops were to GUESS they were diplomats?

Now that would have been one mistake. But then the Gorillas beat the guy. Can you say Oh Sh#t, dumb Gorillas"? I'll but you can.

Assuming again that is what occured. Amazing....the ONLY facts in the case right now are the Chinese NOT obeying the laws they have to..i.e. license plating their vehicle, yet your hell bent on only blaming cops for what you THINK occured...gotta love it.

And as to the kid they beat on the ground, yeah, that was the cop's fault too. You don't get to beat people who are cuffed and not resisting whether you want to or not.

And these cops wonder why people hate them so much these days.

As to the kid story I will not comment...I would need to actually see facts on this case and not a 2 sentence mention of it in an unrelated article...doing so shows a lot about a person.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Sure is IF you know the person that is pulling into that garage is in fact a diplomat. They are issued license plates...if they are to stupid to put it on or to ABOVE THE LAW to care, then they need to answer for it. Your assuming with no license plate, no diplomatic markings, and a failure to pull over, the cops were to GUESS they were diplomats?

Asking to see a person's Identification is standard proceedure even in an arrest so STOP being coy!
Asking this man to produce it would have removed all doubt but no. They had to go Gorilla on him.

rcwj1975
Assuming again that is what occured. Amazing....the ONLY facts in the case right now are the Chinese NOT obeying the laws they have to..i.e. license plating their vehicle, yet your hell bent on only blaming cops for what you THINK occured...gotta love it.

The article clearly articulates that the man was injured in the arrest. Now your attempting to deflect. Amazing.... And you are hell bent on whitewashing here. Which comes as no surprise.

These Gorilla's geese just got cooked. Just like those Gorillas who just beat the #e out of that defensless boy they had cuffed and on the ground.

But go and keep living in your Ivory Tower of the "Cops can do no wrong".

Us citizens have to deal with the Gorilla strong arm tactics on a daily basis and it's getting old.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Shoot, I bet the whole thing went down just like this:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

Lets see, the LEO saw a vehicle that didnt have a license and hit the lights and I imagine siren and this chinese idiot keeps on driving and evading police instead of stopping and showing his credentials as being a diplomat. Or so they CLAIM he is a diplomat. I wonder if he worked at the consulate but in some other capacity but not as a diplomat or ambassador...he could have been the cook as far as we know. He is lucky that the Lone Ranger state didnt just shoot his a$$ instead.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Dude, you should re-read your posts and stop embarassing yourself over here by being so ignorant to what the (International) Laws state about Diplomatic immunity and blindness to what had actually happened (cop injuring people again).

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
America is always right. American cops doubly so.

China is always wrong. Chinese diplomats doubly so.

This is a simple thing to understand, so why do so many people not understand it?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Which will trump here?

Diplomatic immunity or the police's virtual immunity from conviction in the US?

The only immunity stronger than those are giving a free pass to US military & contractor personnel any time they commit war crimes & other inhuman atrocities.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Breaking the LAW means nothing to me if noone else rights or person is infringed upon in the process. LAW by itself it nothing short of a control mechanism. I have no respect for the LAW or those who enforce it. I do, however, have respect for those that consciously try to live their life with regards to everyone elses freedom and safety.

This issue could be argued, I suppose, as to the events and the justification of the officers actions but ultimately I feel both parties may have made mistakes. Stopping for the car in the first place and explaining the diplomatic status might have beem more prudent than driving to the car park first. The officers in question seem to have reacted rather strongly but I don't have the details so I can't make a judgement with any conviction here. Ultimately my feelings toward LAW and its enforcers, would colour my oppinion.

I have met a few nice police officers with a patience and tempermant that I admired greatly (especially considering their line of work). Unfortunately I have met many more officers that made me sad to be a human being (Note: I have never been in trouble with the law nor had to deal with a poice officer as a suspect in any crime. My experiences have been with R.I.D.E and reouting traffic or pulling off the side of a rode to make a phone call (incredibly rude police officer in that one considering I was doing as the law- that he enforces- required.)

In my area, police aren't wholly respected, not because I live in a community of criminals, but because they began treating everyone like one.

Cheers

Cheers

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

Awsome clip! And perfect for the situation!

I haven't laughed so hard in weeks.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Asking to see a person's Identification is standard proceedure even in an arrest so STOP being coy!

Yes, but UNTIL they saw the ID, which was most likely AFTER they got him out of the car and handcuffed, how are they to know who he is? You don't just assume...ESPECIALLY after the car refuses to stop on the street without a tag...so not being coy, being REALISTIC.

Asking this man to produce it would have removed all doubt but no. They had to go Gorilla on him.

They would have IF THE MORON WOULD OF STOPPED WHEN TOLD TOO. It would of all been avoided had the car pulled over and the cop could of ID'd the driver and then simply sent him on his way, but who again chose to drive away from the officer without a license plate on his car? Oh yeah...they guy you think did no wrong by having an unlicensed car and by driving away from an officer.

The article clearly articulates that the man was injured in the arrest.

Clearly articulates....WOW...the article says he was injured...says nothing about HOW, WHERE, WHAT HAPPENED, NOTHING...it says he was injured...and you apparently take that as articulated clearly...holy crap.

Now your attempting to deflect. Amazing.... And you are hell bent on whitewashing here. Which comes as no surprise.

No...deflect what...a vague article...hahahahahahaha....cmon man, I simply state what I know from the article...NOT add to it with BS.

These Gorilla's geese just got cooked. Just like those Gorillas who just beat the #e out of that defensless boy they had cuffed and on the ground.

Again I know nothing of the boy incident to comment and will not comment until I read or see more about it...unlike many I don't make up stuff to meet my own personal agenda or bias. As for them being in trouble over this incident...thats sad...considering the only person at fault is the driver who DIDN'T HAVE A LICENSE PLATE and DIDN'T STOP FOR THE OFFICER....

But go and keep living in your Ivory Tower of the "Cops can do no wrong".

Us citizens have to deal with the Gorilla strong arm tactics on a daily basis and it's getting old.

Never said cops do no wrong, but when the story is vague and the facts are unknown I don't assume or guess. Whats getting old are IQ's under 50 trying to argue points that they don't have facts too....once you have facts and the TRUTH then bring it to the table for proper discussion. Oh and also, once you OVERLOOK the reasons why this all took place and focus on biased opinion...your no better then the "gorilla".

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by yiersan
Dude, you should re-read your posts and stop embarassing yourself over here by being so ignorant to what the (International) Laws state about Diplomatic immunity and blindness to what had actually happened (cop injuring people again).

Ummm...really. Show me in international law where a diplomat can drive an unlicensed vehicle and not be stopped. Show me where in international law a diplomat can simply drive away from a cop trying to pull over the vehicle they are in. Please...let me see those to USC codes....I'll be waiting.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

You really should look into Diplomatic Immunity.......if this guy was a Chinese Diplomat.....then yes, actually, while on official duty he can drive around all day long with no license plate and not stop for the police.....hence....IMMUNITY.

I refuse to post links to things you can clearly find for yourself and choose not to so you can argue and stick up for brutal police officers.

When your turn comes to face the pork brutality I hope you're prepared to hear everyone scream how much YOU deserved it for whatever 'crime' you committed ..... we all have our day. ;-)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join