It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people so sadistic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I have this formspring.me account which is where you can ask people anonymous questions. It was working well for a while, people would ask me questions regarding things like physics and philosophy, and i would answer. I updated my facebook status many times to "Ask me anything intelligent", being careful to not just say to ask anything.

But then some people i know who hate me because i'm Jewish (go figure), got a hold of it. I opened it today and found over 50 hateful & stupid questions and comments. many of them don't make any sense and are just dumb, so i wonder why people would take time out of their day to write these. I started to think, why on earth are people so sadistic and hateful?

Here are some of the questions. The are just sick...:

*Warning: Very Offensive!*

I heard you are a Nazi and you have a concentration camp in your back yard. Is this true?

Heres a constructive question. Why do you like dick?

BAGEL OVEN JEW BAGEL BAGEL

On a scale of Magenta to Burned Jew, soviet silo defense?

JEWS ARE PEOPLE TOO! STOP BEING A NECROPHILIAC!

Why do you hate black people?

My fingers smell like sulfur

I have a gas oven.

Have you considered spending a week in Auschwitz?

Why are your left arm muscles obscenely larger than your right arm muscles? I expect you answer in hexadecimal form.

Loop dee doo doop I'm #ing Jeeeesus! Suck my diiiiiick I'm #ing Jeeeesus! Breeeeeeeeeead is an aniiiiiimallllllll Suuuuck my diiiiiick I'm a shaaaaaaaark

Why do you like the men?

Why did you clear your formspring? Are you ashamed of being Jewish?

I think rape is #ing hilarious?

Whilst shifting the light cone using a massive gravity well, will putting aluminum foil in the microwave still give you ball-cancer?
one week ago .

Judging from the perspective of the 4th dimension, why do you hate minorities?

If you had a Jewish child with downsyndrome, would you kill it?

why do you hate Jews so much?

How much ass burgers do you have?

Did you really sink the Titanic? It was a Goldberg, right?

Are you adopted?

Will you be my boyfriend? We can make sweet love

If you were taking care of a baby dinosaur with downsyndrome, when would you eat it?

Do you think minorities are less intelligent than other people from a scientific aspect?

Why are you a such a narcissist?

Why do you hate black people?

3 Part question 1. Are you gay? 2. Do you have a boy friend? 3. Do you want one? *Wink*

do you think people like you?

why are you an idiot?

[edit on 30-4-2010 by mossme89]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Ughhhhhhhh, oh my gosh, I don't even know what to say!

For everytime I give people the benefit of the doubt...........out the window!

Sad thing is, these might be people you bump into everyday, hiding behind a keyboard.

I just have to say, I have decided, I really hate people!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Trolls. you either hate em or love em.

Its just some kid sitting at a computer, wanting to piss people off. I would be surprised if he even wrote that, most trolls cant think for themselves.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by gandhi]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi

Trolls. you either hate em or love em.

Its just some kid sitting at a computer, wanting to piss people off. I would be surprised if he even wrote that, most trolls cant think for themselves.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by gandhi]

Well, this is one sick and twisted kid, in my opinion. Even if they could not think of this on their own, it's not only wanting to piss people off, it's the fact they might be getting some sick, twisted satisfaction out of it.

Would you wannt this kid, living next to you?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Blow it off. It only takes one or two a&&holes to spoil things. IF you LET them. Don't let a few jerks put you off anything.

If they are ignored they will probably just go to the next person they a prejudiced against and do it all over. I imagine they just want to get a reaction, it gives them a sense of power and importance to make another feel lesser.

Yeah some people ARE sadistic. But people in general aren't I don't believe. Some of these internet bullies/nazis would probably run away crying if anyone said such things to them in real life. Hiding behind the internet like the KKK hides under sheets.

Just ignore and move on.

ETA: BTW I just noticed what time you posted this....I know it's off topic but it relates to other ATS threads...

[edit on 30/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
People love others being destroyed, just look at mass murderer tony blair opening some clinic in harrow today, slimming upto everyone.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Now come on,you did ask for intelligent questions on Facebook?!!!
The really intelligent people are still thinking about what to ask you.Here.

Peace

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think a lot of these people have had their own emotions abused they feel in the past, so given the opportunity to do the same to others they do. Instead of looking into themselves to fix the problem and thereby growing as a person, they work at becoming more immature as a way of dealing with their problems...if that makes sense.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
it is the sense of being free one living or existing

the truth is that every awareness is itself alone and its happiness is to live of itself free positive evolutions absolutely

so people are not sadistic gods maybe reached there in meaning their own business to enjoy some very mean things to do, not humans the ability to success in negative realisations is unexisting, that what i mean always to remind a dreamer of another powerful ghost life

the truth is that yourself condition is never the source of what you are, on the contrary what you are that has nothing absolutely to do with any condition reality is the true you, that by giving it time would be the only mean you do to be a free fact growing or a free positve living joys

like nature had to be from life condition because apparantly she was in touch with the source of creations as existing facts so she became alive fake from the concept of else existing, and mean to profit from that knowledge to set herself free positvie growth of lies life business
like god also had to be from existence condition by resisting to that positive sense of natural life to mean himself fact existing aware, so god also get the business of all existence facts as sources of other facts things while meaning also creations of stones and rigid things moved mechanically or by force

truth is one from the perfect sense point right always certainty, and that is why truth as freedom present move is only meaning certainty life, and not meaning being anything nor even positive or source or meaning the source of itself, it is the most objective fact of all that cant be objective true unless it says more of its best intentions for it to put itself out the most

noone is suppose to be true when truth is, but a little respect to waht is and little love to what is objectively for the best is logically what anyone should expect from up there to justify any creations or life condition

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Because vindictive behavior towards people who have "wronged" you lights up the same portions of the brain that light up when you're being sexually stimulated..

In other words, your brain seems to be wired to reward you for "exacting revenge" the same way it rewards you for having sex/sexual stimulation.

That doesn't mean you feel the same thing -- obviously there's no orgasm, etc.. but the "reward pathways" for sex are also used for revenge...

.... and don't quote me on that, because I'm probably butchering the scientific reality of how all this works, so if you want to know exactly what I'm talking about, google it.. I'm too lazy and don't care enough to check for you

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
also the sense of being sadic is principally of not giving action and getting action too
in being sadik you can get others lives under your feet almost dying like a lot of children love to play with animals taht way so they can sense how far they are existing source
and also in being sadik you can clearly live without giving any recognition to else as living right from being forced to admit objective reality with else there, that is speciality of nature that know how to use being more by denying that other is enough, it is pervert ways that always mean to be free life without doing anything
who would stop those infinite crimes from up, they are pretending that it would be stopped but how, obviously all up are evil there is no doubt single doubt about it

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

Whaaa??

Or to put it another way:

HuH??

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Sad thing is, these might be people you bump into everyday, hiding behind a keyboard.

I know exactly who is doing this. It's 3 kids i know. I look them straight in the eye when i see them in the hallway, and they always look away nervously, more-so lately when i've been getting these comments. They are all a bunch of cowards

Originally posted by ghaleon12
I think a lot of these people have had their own emotions abused they feel in the past, so given the opportunity to do the same to others they do. Instead of looking into themselves to fix the problem and thereby growing as a person, they work at becoming more immature as a way of dealing with their problems...if that makes sense.

That makes sense, in a sick and twisted way. They dont want to deal with their issues, so they project them onto others to make themselves feel better.

Originally posted by Kaytagg

Because vindictive behavior towards people who have "wronged" you lights up the same portions of the brain that light up when you're being sexually stimulated..

In other words, your brain seems to be wired to reward you for "exacting revenge" the same way it rewards you for having sex/sexual stimulation.

That doesn't mean you feel the same thing -- obviously there's no orgasm, etc.. but the "reward pathways" for sex are also used for revenge...

.... and don't quote me on that, because I'm probably butchering the scientific reality of how all this works, so if you want to know exactly what I'm talking about, google it.. I'm too lazy and don't care enough to check for you

So true...

That brings up an interesting topic, about the sexual part. One of the kids (who ironically has the same first name as me) has always said i was gay, asked me why i was gay, what i did being gay, etc. i'm not gay. I took it personally for a while but recently i thought, what if he's the one gay, projecting it on me to make him feel better?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
ETA: BTW I just noticed what time you posted this....I know it's off topic but it relates to other ATS threads...

Wow! i didnt notice that! especially since it was 12:11 here (est). Maybe it was meant to be.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I will give my clinical response rather than much of an empathetic one.

Clearly the capacity for wanton cruelty was not an evolutionary burden. Arguably it is significantly represented across humanity.

Intelligent people realize that a variety of states/people/ethnicities allows for better rumination & articulation of ideas & productive debate. It gives one a stereo perspective rather than a flat one.

Sometimes public society's political correctness [the current one as opposed to the old bigoted political correctnesses] has relatively privileged people living in a somewhat illusory realm. It can leave you somewhat disarmed. Our butchery of animals [often other people], despoiling of the environment often goes on unseen.

You are probably a relatively [over?] civilized person who i would tell to create a safe internal harbor of sensitivity for yourself & those you trust & a more calloused external shell/wall to fend off mindless abuse.
People like to abuse, just because they DO have sadistic streaks.
It has far less to do with you, your or anyone's actual attributes & mostly to do with easy/vulnerable targets.
You seem to understand that fact, that bullies bully the easy to bully just because they are nasty vile people.

We have to be the defenders of our own delicacy.
And i have no problem being ruthless against those who would violate it.

A mostly total aside to any readers,
I think dispossessed people(s) of all kinds are almost invariably better people. The ones who are the odd one's out in youth are the adult who go the extra miles & achieve great & sometimes amazing things.
They are a defense against the rampant dangers of monoculture.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by slank]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Kind of new here and wondering if anyone has used the ignore feature? What would it take to make you put a poster on ignore? I've been in internet fights but never ignored anyone.

If that's off topic, just ignore it.

Deny Ignorance.

My sig would be: to deny meaning is an act of ignorance, but I saw no sig application? Odd, guess I'm lost and must search out FAQ...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I remember from another thread that you mentioned your age (teens) and thus, I'm assuming these others are in the same general age range? That right there, might be a big part of the answer... Goes with the age range...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

yes, they are teens. But I am just so surprised at how cruel and sadistic they are

top topics

join