It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

page: 655
<< 652  653  654    656  657  658 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by mockrock
reply to post by ProudBird

Guys I know this is your job but when do you give up..

Really?

how do you know that?

Or is it just another diversionary ad hominem attack by someone conned by the hoax industry who doesn't like that people who have facts and verifiable evidence continue to get in the way of the fame and fortune that should be yours??

The best route to fame and fortune is to vehemently support the Apollo landings idea..eg Phil Plait, the worst strategy is to try and reveal the hoax!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Apologies. It was the greatest achievement of mankind, which should be celebrated accordingly.

Evidence against the hoax is overwhelming.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mockrock

Yeah - except if you DID have actual proof they were a hoax that'd be instant fame and fortune........it could be yours...of Foos's or Sayonara's or Jarrah's.....except for all those pesky facts that all those landing believers keep putting in the way.....
edit on 14-11-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

String Theory

Watching this video of an egress of Dave Scott during Apollo 15, I noticed a strange
line appear starting around 19 seconds into the video above the PLSS:
www.hq.nasa.gov...

At first I thought a rope fell, but that didnt make any sense.

Soon after, as if the minders the video wanted to hide the anomaly, the screen becomes snowy.

Now usually for film, I know many artifacts like lines move up and down. But for video, these types of
artifacts tend to go across the screen, left and right. Like banding.
So Im not sure what that lines is. Any guesses?

Rub a dub dub

What I also find strange about this video is what appears to be bubbles
floating up, especially near the astronaut when he steps off the ladder:
jump to around 13 seconds:
www.hq.nasa.gov...

and here

What I find strange is that these "bubbles" seem to be moving upwards.
They also appear and behave different than the "snow"

Could this sequence have been filled in one the training tanks?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

There are no "bubbles" in the videos.

There are, though, many poor quality frames and a lot of video interference affecting the picture quality. Not just in those few freeze-frame examples, either.

Take a look at the sort of satellite feed (long-distance) live TV video from that same time era. Those of you too young to have grown up in that time period will not be familiar with how lousy the satellite down-links could be, when watched on your TV at home....compared to the crystal clear (thanks to better technology, and digital instant computer processing enhancements, etc) video we see usually today.

Even today, in many remote and hastily-set-up areas where rapid reporting is desired, the signal feeds can be quite dodgy. It depends on the sophistication of the equipment being used. The Apollo equipment was unique, for its day....but, had to be as compact and lightweight as possible, so was far from "broadcast" quality, even back then.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Watching this video of an egress of Dave Scott during Apollo 15, I noticed a strange line appear starting around 19 seconds into the video above the PLSS: www.hq.nasa.gov...

I want to thank you for providing the link to the screen grabs you just posted. This was a good ploy by you to post only the screen grabs. It really shows how strongly you want your view point to be true. The grabs only show what you want to be seen. However, watching the video reveals the "rope" that fell is in actuality a mark on the film that proceeds across the frame in a left to right motion and then disappears into nothing.

The comment of the "minders the video" which, if I am understanding you correctly means, the people who are controlling the content of the "video" is just what it appears to be, loss of signal causing "snow" in the analog reception.

The arrows in the third picture are actually pointing to more "snow". When you watch the entire video, this snow moves too quickly to be bubbles in water, plus the picture again begins to degrade and you get more "snow".

This is a blatant attempt to bring false information to support a false claim. Sorry, you lose.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
The tapes were used to record LandSat data. James P. Dawson used LandSat data to prospect for oil in order to enrich himself.

Are you suggesting that James P. Dawson, Chief of the Engineering and Operations Branch of the Lunar and Earth Sciences Division at the Manned Spacecraft Center from 1965 to 1969, would sell his talent & abilities for money??? How dare you discredit a NASA scientist!

October 1967 to September 1978, Dr. Dawson was a Co-Investigator on the Lunar Samples for the Apollo Science Team.

Are you really suggesting that Dr. Dawson was operating outside his mandate by recording LandSat data onto Apollo telemetry tapes???????

Like I said in my post, he is an interesting character in the Apollo Mythology

PRE-NASA EXPERIENCE:
Aerospace Environmental Facility, Arnold Air Force Station, Tullhoma, TN (1962-1965) • Chief, Radiation Physics Section (1962-1965)

Source www.jsc.nasa.gov/history/oral_histories/DawsonJP/DawsonJP_Bio.pdf

And he does have some very interesting things to say about Moon Rocks

If anyone wants to see how much has been covered up with James P Dawson just read back 5 pages to the end of page 651.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We got tickled, and we spilled it all over the floor. We had plenty left to do our experiment, but NASA was very particular about returning every little bit. So I figured that whoever gets that sample twenty-five years from now, will say, "Look! Organics!" because there's floor sweep all over it.

Source Johnson Space Center Oral History Project ... www.jsc.nasa.gov/history/oral.../DawsonJP/DawsonJP_11-9-00.pdf

BERGEN: When you worked as the principal investigator working with the lunar samples, did you find anything that surprised you?
DAWSON: Yes, almost got us excommunicated from NASA. They had a sample that they called the Genesis rock, and we had it, had a piece of it.

That's fine, except we also found perfect cubes of glass, and to form a perfect cube of glass takes extremely slow cooling, with absolutely no interference.

That is a NASA scientist talking folks. I'd say "Houston, We've got a problem" but we already know that this is a misquote.
A revision of history

edit on 11/15/2011 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2011 by Gemwolf because: Fixed tags

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
*Noted.

I replied to DJW001 with about 90mins ago with an image.

The post was deleted.

My point was that the tapes never reached Goddard.
Therefore, any speculation that the Apollo tapes contained in Accession #69A4099 were re-used for LandSat is ** pure speculation **.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
We know that Apollo is fake. That's why they have a Keepout Zone. And fake LEM's at the National Air & Space Museum.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL

This is not one of those boards. We don't simply post over-sized "Facepalm" or "Troll" images as responses to other posts.

And we don't

YELL AT EACH OTHER

to make a point.

This is a discussion board.

Please keep to ATS posting standards.

Thank you.

edit on 15-11-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibborium
reply to post by FoosM

Watching this video of an egress of Dave Scott during Apollo 15, I noticed a strange line appear starting around 19 seconds into the video above the PLSS: www.hq.nasa.gov...

I want to thank you for providing the link to the screen grabs you just posted. This was a good ploy by you to post only the screen grabs. It really shows how strongly you want your view point to be true. The grabs only show what you want to be seen...

Gibbori.... what?? How can you claim that Im fooling people by not providing the source video and then turn around and thank me for providing the source video? Did you read the post backwards? Thats not a good start if you want me to take your opinion seriously.

edit on 15-11-2011 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
And we don't

YELL AT EACH OTHER

to make a point.

Sorry about the

Headlines

I didn't mean to be yelling just bad tags, you know?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
Even today, in many remote and hastily-set-up areas where rapid reporting is desired, the signal feeds can be quite dodgy. It depends on the sophistication of the equipment being used. The Apollo equipment was unique, for its day....but, had to be as compact and lightweight as possible, so was far from "broadcast" quality, even back then.

Frank Shakespeare was a CBS executive and AT&T (Bellcomm) was deeply involved in the Apollo "broadcasts".
Edward Nixon, the presidents brother, worked at Bellcomm and he hired Farouk El-Baz*, After Apollo he goes straight over to Westinghouse, who made the B&W and color TV cameras for Apollo.

*When NASA already had access to the best astro-geologists in the world through the USGS and the DoD.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Lets keep this debate going ! The longer it goes the more ridiculous explanations pop up to support the lunar landings.. !

4.58 in

www.youtube.com...

The confession..

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Are you suggesting that James P. Dawson, Chief of the Engineering and Operations Branch of the Lunar and Earth Sciences Division at the Manned Spacecraft Center from 1965 to 1969, would sell his talent & abilities for money??? How dare you discredit a NASA scientist!

I know that people with strong religious beliefs, such as yourself, have a difficult time understanding how more objective people view the world. Your religion preaches that Richard Nixon is the devil, so you are blind to the fact that he ended the war in Viet Nam and established the Environmental Protection Agency. Anyone who is not blinded by the blinkers of religion can see that NASA is an organisation composed of human beings. Can human beings be corrupted? Yes. Can human beings make mistakes? Yes. Do human beings sometimes believe foolish things? Of course. Dawson eventually came to hold some rather extreme religious views, like Ralph Rene. This makes certain aspects of his post-NASA research unreliable.

Are you really suggesting that Dr. Dawson was operating outside his mandate by recording LandSat data onto Apollo telemetry tapes???????

No, I was just messing with your head. Dawson (his "doctorate" is in Christian Apologetics) used the LandSat data to prospect for oil after he left NASA, so he had nothing to do with the "missing tapes." What he doesn't say, and the reason why he asked the interviewer to turn off the tape recorder at one point, is that he probably started prospecting for oil while he was still at NASA. NASA employees aren't allowed to use government resources for their own profit, which is why he left for the private sector.

So yes, Dawson is not a very reliable source. I don't have a problem with that. Do you?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

You have yet to explain how a keep out zone would protect this conspiracy theory of yours? I already pointed out ages ago that the zone wouldn't protect it at all if it were true. You have yet to reply. That zone is so close that anything can go so close that they can easily take pictures with such a good detail you can count the grooves in the boot prints. How does that protect anything? Explain or stop spreading this bs.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mockrock
Lets keep this debate going ! The longer it goes the more ridiculous explanations pop up to support the lunar landings.. !

4.58 in

www.youtube.com...

The confession..

"Today we have with us a group of students, among America's best. To you we say we have only completed a beginning. We leave you much that is undone. There are great ideas undiscovered, breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of the truth's protective layers. There are places to go beyond belief..."

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter
We know that Apollo is fake. That's why they have a Keepout Zone. And fake LEM's at the National Air & Space Museum.

Im glad you brought that up, because I wanted to bring this up:

The National Air and Space Museum in Washington DC has a real LM (built but never used for orbital testing) parked outside its McDonald's restaurant.

Why are the astronauts so small in comparison to the average person?

www.armaghplanet.com...

top topics

<< 652  653  654    656  657  658 >>

join