It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

page: 644
<< 641  642  643    645  646  647 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
By omitting the full information and details, intentionally selecting and cherry-picking what they show in their "arguments", the Apollo *hoax pushers* show their true colors.......

Here is some really good cherries! Eat up! It's from your favorite movie... Apollo 13

"...Command Module just slowly kept going down in temperature until I think err,
just prior to re-entry ahh, it was down to about 38 degrees. And along with that
there was a, a sort of chilling ahh, coldness. The walls were perspiring, the
windows were completely wet, and it err, it wasn't too healthy. I recall that we
went to get some hot dogs one day and it was like reaching into the freezer for
them, for the food."

Source: (Writer/Producer, Don Wiseman. Editor, Richard L. Atwell. Production Manager,
William W. Robbins. Production Coordinator, NASA, John D. Williams, Jr.
Produced by A-V Corporation, Houston, Texas for NASA)

(special thanks to: ABC, CBS, NBC, WGN-TV Chicago, WTTG Washington, D.C., U.S.
Army Photo Teams, U.S. Air Force Photo Teams, Charles E. Gallagher, New York)

(NASA seal, H.Q. 200)
edit on 11/4/2011 by SayonaraJupiter because: source

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Originally posted by PsykoOps
This is just pure comedy gold right here. Still bitching about the shadows. Maybe you should consult an "expert" like White did

Ahhh the old Jarrah White photographic "expert"..........who turns out to be Jarrah White's Fine Art Teacher Jenny Heller....who admits to have zero photographic qualifications!

What do you mean "turns out"? She said what she did for a living in the video he made.
Whats the conspiracy here?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by FoosM

I'm not in the mood to play your usual childish game of "Please explain this photo to me," however I do want you to back up this claim:

They tried to pass this off as the real thing:

Please post a link that proves that NASA tried to pass off that humorous photo as the real thing.

Who is "they"

If you cannot do that, you have to admit you've been caught in yet another lie. Oh, and the answer to your big puzzle is: the ones that weren't gotten from this page, where they explain who made each "gag" image, are the real ones:

www.hq.nasa.gov...

Did I ask you? And no, not all the gags are from that page.
So you are wrong.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter

"...Command Module just slowly kept going down in temperature until I think err,
just prior to re-entry ahh, it was down to about 38 degrees. And along with that
there was a, a sort of chilling ahh, coldness. The walls were perspiring, the
windows were completely wet, and it err, it wasn't too healthy. I recall that we
went to get some hot dogs one day and it was like reaching into the freezer for
them, for the food."

Wait
they served hotdogs in space?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM

What do you mean "turns out"? She said what she did for a living in the video he made.

Did I say she didn't?

The point being it was class assignment where Jarrah asks her to act as a "expert".......when in reality she has no real background in photography. (I am sure there do exist teachers with a background in photography)

edit on 4-11-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

BTW, Komodo is barking up the wrong tree thinking this proves any hoax. Experts have gone over the majority of these and other similar technical points and found nothing much amiss...

well, perhaps but when i look at the amounts needed vs. the NASA technical diagrams for the LEM, I just don't see the tanks there .. ANYWHERE on the drawings.. if so .. I'd like to see one.. even on the NASA site doesn't show them ..

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Who is "they"

You're the one who said, you explain who "they" are. It sure sounded like you were trying to imply that "they" were NASA. Were you implying something else? Now, who was this "they?"

Now see if you can identify all the examples that are the NASA originals!

Is NASA a different "they" now?

So you are wrong.

I stand corrected. I immediately recognized three from that page and foolishly assumed the rest of the gag photos were from the same source. The "Hollywood" sign is probably from a hoax site.

Now who are "they" and why do you refuse to say who "they" were? Because it would remind readers of how you tried to mislead them?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

well, perhaps but when i look at the amounts needed vs. the NASA technical diagrams for the LEM, I just don't see the tanks there .. ANYWHERE on the drawings..

Would it be more accurate to say the amounts which "you" think they needed Komodo?

Judging by your previous posts on this matter there's likely to be a big discrepancy between your calculations and the ACTUAL amounts needed.
edit on 4-11-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

If you disagree with this chart then you shall post a more accurate chart. Very simple task.
What could be more accurate than this????

Actually, just posting the entirety of your original table would do the trick:

Biomedical Results of Apollo, SP-368, p. 133. All temperatures were measured at the heat exchanger inlet. During the Apollo 13 mission, the LM environmental control system provided a habitable environment for about 83 hours (57:45 to 141:05 GET). Cabin temperature remained low due to low electrical power levels. This caused crew discomfort during much of this period, with cabin temperatures ranging between 49°F and 55 °F.
* Further examination of Biomedical Results of Apollo reveals that actual cabin temperatures dropped to a low of 43°F. It is likely that the figure in the original text refers to the low cabin temperature while the Command Module was powered up.

Your own source.

Let's cross reference that, shall we?

Apollo 13 Emergency. The Apollo 13 mission started in a routine manner with environmental control system operation proceeding normally. However, with the loss of the Service Module cyrogenic oxygen tanks, the ECS was without its main source of supply of oxygen, water, and electrical power. To preserve the remaining onboard quantities, the surge tank and repressurization package tanks were isolated, water tanks were depressurized, and the Command Module was completely powered down. The Lunar Module was activated as a "life-boat" to sustain the crew, and it operated in this capacity for approximately 83-1/2 hours until jettison prior to reentry. With certain operational restrictions imposed, the Lunar Module consumables proved adequate for all purposes except for providing drinking water and removing carbon dioxide. Drinking water was obtained from the Command Module on several occasions by briefly pressurizing the oxygen system and withdrawing water. To supplement the Lunar Module lithium hydroxide cartridges, a method was devised for CM lithium hydroxide elements to be utilized with the LM atmosphere revitalization section.

During the powered down period of operation, the temperature inside the Command Module slowly decreased and the crew noted considerable condensation within the cabin. The CM was powered up briefly for data transmittal twice during the dormant period. A summary of the temperature changes is included in table 4.

A reported inability by the crew to obtain additional drinking water and a subsequent thermal model analysis indicate that the water tanks, or more probably the water lines in the aft compartment, froze late in the powered down period. Command Module ECS operation after reactivation and during entry was satisfactory.

lsda.jsc.nasa.gov...

Condensation, as I'm sure you will agree, is not merely a function of temperature, but of atmospheric pressure. In meteorology, this is known as the "dew point." (You should try joining in on some "chemtrail" threads, you can learn stuff like that there.)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

something i just realized, but i'm sure there's technical answer for it.. but.. watching the first vid, shouldn't the rocket 'build up' underneath the base instead of just igniting in one shot?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

....shouldn't the rocket 'build up' underneath the base....

NO.

Hypergolic fuels.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.braeunig.us...

Hypergolic propellants are fuels and oxidizers that ignite spontaneously on contact with each other and require no ignition source.

edit on Fri 4 November 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Wait

I think the technical term was "frankfurters"

Meats:
Beef Pot Roast (RSB)
Beef and Vegetables (RS)
Beef Stew (RSB)
Chicken and Rice (RSB)
Chicken and Vegetables (RSB)
Chicken Stew (RSB)
Pork and Scalloped Potatoes (RSB)
Spaghetti, Meat Sauce (RSB)
Beef and Gravy (T)
Frankfurters (T)
Meatballs, Sauce (T)
Turkey and Gravy (T)

history.nasa.gov...
edit on 11/4/2011 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Did I say she didn't?

The point being it was class assignment where Jarrah asks her to act as a "expert".......when in reality she has no real background in photography. (I am sure there do exist teachers with a background in photography)

She didnt say she did, nor did Jarrah.
He asked her for her expert opinion in perspective.
Nothing shady about that.
The viewer could conclude if her statements were relevant or not.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Wait

Good to see the levels of intellectual discourse have once again sunk to new lows.

Of course, for any person who wishes to engage in a valid "discussion" about the reality (or, from the opposing point-of-view, "hoax") of Apollo should at the very least be informed of the most simple of basics.

Alas, though for the "hoax" believers......the dearth of understanding and lack of comprehension shows through each time. They must, therefore, resort to inane mutterings when cornered by facts and logic and evidence.....

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by FoosM

Who is "they"

You're the one who said, you explain who "they" are. It sure sounded like you were trying to imply that "they" were NASA. Were you implying something else? Now, who was this "they?"

The publisher and author of the book of course.
The author is an Apollo astronaut, as you are probably aware.

Now see if you can identify all the examples that are the NASA originals!

Is NASA a different "they" now?

So you are wrong.

I stand corrected. I immediately recognized three from that page and foolishly assumed the rest of the gag photos were from the same source. The "Hollywood" sign is probably from a hoax site.

No, that one is actually from that very site you assumed the rest of the photos came from.
Thats why I said, "NASA whistleblowing?"

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter

Wait

I think the technical term was "frankfurters"

I just wonder, because I know its an easy food to choke on.
And in zero g, would that be the smartest thing to eat, if it was not in paste form?
And how would such a thing taste good cold anyway, reason why they call it "hot" dog?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

the dearth of understanding and lack of comprehension shows through each time. They must, therefore, resort to inane mutterings when cornered by facts and logic and evidence.....

Im not cornered, Im just curious.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Komodo

....shouldn't the rocket 'build up' underneath the base....

NO.

Hypergolic propellants are fuels and oxidizers that ignite spontaneously on contact with each other and require no ignition source.

Right, however, it still has to build up enough force to counteract the gravity, correct?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

She didnt say she did, nor did Jarrah.

"Did she", "didn't she"...........is not really the important issue.

The important issue is that she was a lousy "expert"............because she called it totally wrong!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

The publisher and author of the book of course.
The author is an Apollo astronaut, as you are probably aware.

Which book? Or are you making a feeble attempt to go by the Holy Playbook of the Holy Father of the Moon Hoax?

files.abovetopsecret.com...

No more evasions, please.

new topics

top topics

<< 641  642  643    645  646  647 >>

join