It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

page: 605
<< 602  603  604    606  607  608 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Well, why is NASA in a tizzy about this when the Astronauts where already exposed to moon samples?

NASA was not "in a tizzy." Members of the public who were more influenced by science fiction than science demanded the quarantine.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

And, how is injecting moon dust in mice going to tell you anything?
What kind of pseudoscience were they conducting here?

They could then say to the scientifically illiterate fearmongers: "Look, we freaking injected mice with the stuff and they're fine! Stop worrying, already." Unfortunately, the scientifically illiterate fearmongers are still with us, and no amount of reason or evidence can dissuade them. Currently, they are convinced that comets can poison them or cause massive earthquakes. (Thanks for reminding me why NASA won't even comment on some things these days.)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

A skeptic looks at the evidence in order to make up their own mind.

Agreed.

Farouk El Baz said "Not every discovery has been announced!". He should know right?... he's one that's been covering it up all this time!

I'm sorry, but as a skeptic, you'll have to prove to me Farouk el Baz actually said that. I have strong reason to believe that the book you cited is not a reliable source.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

"The number could be fairly high with people wandering in and out all day. "

So you admit that all those rocks you have been trying to make disappear semantically were seen by a much larger number of people than you previously implied?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

This is the internet. Your use of Ad Hominem is an objective measurement of your abilities to use grammar, logic and rhetoric effectively.

I notice the conspicuous absence of the word "evidence." Interesting. Applying those standards, what do you make of this contribution, and the mentality of the contributor:

Mr. Windley, I call you Mister because I doubt you are even qualified to be a garbage truck driver...I recorded it (Just so I could laugh at your and Jim Oberg's ignorance "... Sometimes I think NASA picks its employees off the street...if I were a teacher and you were one of my students I'd instantly stamp your report with an F and tell you to go home and be more thorough.... Am I going too fast for your pea brain? Let me go slower. ...Until you can conduct a proper experiment Windley, your results are[vile language deleted]. What next? Are you going to go round insisting that the moon is made of cheese? My IQ is above 150 and I eat Swiss cheese minded propagandists like you Mr Windley for breakfast. You know what I find most ironic about that disgraceful documentary? "If we look very closely, we can see the LEM did in fact disturb a fair bit of dust, just not enough to cover the landing pads" BWAAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA!!!! And there the propagandists go, contradicting the very words from the astronaut's mouth "We're picking up somedust!"..."We're picking up some dust!" [repeated 15 times!--DJW001]...Sigh. I wish the pro-NASA morons could go off to their fantasy world and leave us intelligent people in peace. In the words of my late grandfather, you might as well believe in Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs. In the end its just scientific vandalism, pathetic really.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Care to explain how 700 boxes of telemetry tapes (the contents of Accession #69A4099) got lost between the National Archives & Goddard SFC? It's only 15 miles/24 km between the two locations.

They never made it to Goddard in the first place. Why do you keep bringing this issue up? Oh, yes, because you can't find any actual evidence to support your opinion. Incidentally, I have already pointed out that your use of large graphics to artificially move the thread along is transparent. Transparent tactics make for transparent propaganda. A single, pithy line has a much greater effect than a huge, content-less post.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

A single, pithy line has a much greater effect than a huge, content-less post.

Well hopefully you'll try that because you just made 6 posts that added very little to the debate IMO..

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

I think if the vacuum chamber and vacuum glove were compromised then the lunar samples were probably contaminated. Good Job NASA... went all the way to the moon to bring back potentially lethal untested moon rocks that could have wiped out the human race...

Tons of extra-terrestrial material enters the Earth's atmosphere every year in the form of meteors and micro-meteorites. No-one but Fred Hoyle seemed to think this has any affect on human health. The quarantine was never anything more than a sop to nervous members of the public.

When things enter earths atmosphere are they not exposed to extreme heat??
Wouldn't that kill off most dangerous organisms that may be present?

The same can not be said for samples brought back from the moon though..

I'd be pissed is NASA didn't quarantine them actually..
Better to be safe than sorry and considering your supposed knowledge I find your opinion odd..

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Wouldn't that kill off most dangerous organisms that may be present?

Not necessarily. Some of the extra-terrestrial material is extremely fine grained and approaches the Earth at a low relative speed. It can achieve terminal velocity and simply linger about in the air without burning up. It's a bit creepy if you think about it.

Most meteoroids burn up when they enter the atmosphere. The left-over debris is called meteoric dust or just meteor dust. Meteor dust particles can persist in the atmosphere for up to several months. These particles might affect climate, both by scattering electromagnetic radiation and by catalyzing chemical reactions in the upper atmosphere.

en.wikipedia.org...

The same can not be said for samples brought back from the moon though..

I'd be pissed is NASA didn't quarantine them actually..
Better to be safe than sorry and considering your supposed knowledge I find your opinion odd..

Relax; they quarantined the Moon rocks so you can rest easy.
edit on 10-10-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Care to explain how 700 boxes of telemetry tapes (the contents of Accession #69A4099) got lost between the National Archives & Goddard SFC? It's only 15 miles/24 km between the two locations.

They never made it to Goddard in the first place.

So then where did they go? Or not go?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter

I think if the vacuum chamber and vacuum glove were compromised then the lunar samples were probably contaminated. Good Job NASA... went all the way to the moon to bring back potentially lethal untested moon rocks that could have wiped out the human race...

Ok, I got it, up to 20 people were exposed to lunar dust,
but conversely those events meant that they had an excuse to claim the lunar dust/samples were contaminated by our environment.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Pay attention, FoosM. They were taped over like an old "Frankie Goes To Hollywood" tape.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Ok, I got it, up to 20 people were exposed to lunar dust,
but conversely those events meant that they had an excuse to claim the lunar dust/samples were contaminated by our environment.

How would this "contamination" affect the geological analysis of the material? The only case of suspected contamination I can recall is an anomalously high level of water in two samples from Apollo 11. It turns out that this result is consistent with the recently established percentage of water found in lunar basalt from the deep mantel. In other words, the one case of suspected terrestrial contamination turned out to be a rare example of primal lunar material that had some come to rest on the much younger surface of the mare. (There's that provenance issue again!)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ove38
Wires, sets on angle, spotlights, dummies, slow motion, scotch tape, models, transparencies, airbrushing, superimposing, you name it, they did it all.

Cute. Now prove it. Any of it. And let me make it clear that there is plenty of attempts already and they all failed. If you have something to offer it then just do it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

On the exterior of the object.

Yes.

Inside, though??

Hot Meteors and COLD Meteorites

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Ove38

Wires, sets on angle, spotlights, dummies, slow motion, scotch tape, models, transparencies, airbrushing, superimposing, you name it, they did it all.

All those techniques used during long, unbroken sequences? That in and of itself would be a remarkable achievement. Now all you have to do is prove it. Should be easy: there must be dozens of stage carpenters, hundreds of matte artists, thousand of electricians and painters and model makers... Just find one!

I really see this as a job for Hollywood.

They could have built all the models... like this model... Al Worden seems to be fascinated by the quality of detail and craftsmanship in the model....

edit on 10/10/2011 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

reply to post by FoosM

Pay attention, FoosM. They were taped over like an old "Frankie Goes To Hollywood" tape.

Cheerleader Denial with a subtle reference to Hollywood!!?

The telemetry tapes are m-i-s-s-i-n-g not taped over and we have established that as a fact.

Throughout the Apollo program all the telemetry tapes from all manned lunar missions were successfully gathered into one National Archives Accession #69A4099. At some point Goddard SFC requested all the tapes from Accession #69A4099 but Goddard SFC can't establish that the tapes were ever received.

They (the active members of the conspiracy) lost the tapes on purpose because they were smoking guns.
Richard Nafzger worked at Goddard. So did Noel W. Hinners. And Michael Collins worked at the NASM & the Smithsonian. Perfect people in the perfect place at the perfect times.

Richard Nixon loved tapes, too. Maybe he wanted to use the Apollo tapes in the White House to tape record his secret conversations about the "whole Bay of Pigs" thing.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Quote mining won't make Apollo real.
There is a new space race to the Moon.
The Apollo Mythology is almost over.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Quote mining won't make Apollo real.

Spamming the same oversized graphics won't prove that it was a hoax.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I never posted on this thread because I do think that 'the kid' is woefully subjective in parts, (the use of a vomit comet for instance) while other 'no moon landings' ideas have the Apollo 11 in near earth orbit, so makes no sense. Now we have not so subtle Frankie goes to hollywood references from someone I thought might have a better standard. This place is a den, and a thread with 600 pages has now found the lowest common denominator.

new topics

top topics

<< 602  603  604    606  607  608 >>

join