It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

page: 575
<< 572  573  574    576  577  578 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

do Aldrin's post flight personal problems have any relevance to whether he visited the mon or not??

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

If you wish to use this as evidence of moon hoax then by same logic you have to into account all the rest of the apollo astronauts. Fact being that most of them didn't have problems with their families would then be evidence that there was no hoax. Buzz is one guy. One guys personal problems are bit irrelevant to the discussion. Anyone can have problems no matter how many times you've chosen for a stress inducing jobs.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Buzz saw an unexplained "L" shaped object on his mission and we've seen him get very twinkly eyed once talking about the monolith on Phobos.

Edgar Mitchell makes statements about life on other planets that would make a grown man blush.

Armstrong is hiding some wildcards with statements like "truth's protective layers".

That's 3 out of 9 living astros. 33%.

What do the rest have to say about it?
edit on 9/21/2011 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Buzz knows that he saw the SLA panel on the way to the Moon. Buzz thinks that the monolith on Phobos is "a rock. A big rock".

Edgar Mitchell has no first hand experience with anything he speaks about concerning extraterrestrial life.

Armstrong was encouraging young people to carry on the exploration of space. To follow in his first footsteps on the Moon.

edit on 9/21/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/21/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The immediate question for this thread is ....

Can we trust the statements of an ex-Apollo astronaut?

Most recently, NASA astronaut Edgar Mitchell, a member of the Apollo 14 mission that landed on the moon in 1971, elaborated on his own fluid thoughts on the universe, arguing that alien visits to Earth have been covered up by governments for more than 60 years.

"I happen to be privileged enough to be in on the fact that we have been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomenon is real," Mitchell said on Britain's Kerrang Radio last week.

"It has been covered up by governments for quite some time now," added Mitchell, who grew up in Roswell, N.M., the location of the controversial 1947 incident in which some believe the U.S. military covered up the crash scene of an alien spacecraft. Source abcnews.go.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Sure. Why not?

Unlike his statements about his first hand experience with the Moon landings, he's talking about his opinions of second hand information he's received. Everyone's entitled to their opinions.

I have friends who believe in ESP. I don't but that doesn't mean I don't believe anything they say.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I have friends who believe in ESP. I don't but that doesn't mean I don't believe anything they say.

That's hard to believe judging by your posts on ATS..
You seem to be the absolute skeptic..

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

When they talk about their trip across town I believe them. When they talk about their trip to Vegas I believe them. Even when they talk about their fishing trip I believe them (if they have pictures).

When they start talking about precognition my eyes glaze over. They've learned not to talk about it around me.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ahh OK..

So you don't believe in ESP or them when they talk about it.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Right. I guess the double negative was confusing.

I believe Mitchell when he talks about the Moon landings but when he talks about ET I'm not inclined to believe that we're being visited. I believe that he believes it.

I believe my friend when he talks about the marlin he caught but when he tells me about his friend's wife who's psychic I'm not inclined to believe it. I know he believes it. I don't.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Seems like Phage is saying that Dr. Edgar Mitchell is credible only when he supports the Apollo Mythology, but when he's talking about aliens or ufo's or esp or the cover-up then Mitchell is not credible.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Since he has no personal experience and expresses only hearsay and personal opinion on the topic, no. Since he offers no other evidence, no. I'm not particularly impressed.

When he talks about the Moon landings which have huge amounts of evidence and many levels of corroboration, yes. I'm impressed.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Is it even possible to go through all Dr. Edgar Mitchell's statements and determine which ones are credible and which ones are not?

"There's not much question at all that there's life throughout the universe -- we're not alone in the universe at all," he said last week. "It is a real phenomenon." - Edgar Mitchell

ABC responded:

"There's nothing negative you can say about Mitchell or his Apollo 14 mission," said Neufeld. "But his involvement with ESP and his work since has always made him some sort of an outsider." "There is some evidence that astronauts are changed by going into space," said Mike Neufeld, the chair of the space history division at the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C.

Who's right and who's wrong?

Has Mike Neufeld ever been in outer space? Why is Mike Neufeld credible and Edgar Mitchell an outsider?
edit on 9/21/2011 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/21/2011 by SayonaraJupiter because: Mike Neufeld is not credible because he never went into space

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Right. I guess the double negative was confusing.

I believe Mitchell when he talks about the Moon landings but when he talks about ET I'm not inclined to believe that we're being visited. I believe that he believes it.

So you have no problem believing that we as aliens visited other planets, but dont believe that we have been visited by aliens from other planets?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by FoosM

do Aldrin's post flight personal problems have any relevance to whether he visited the mon or not??

Yes of course. He is not a machine.
As much as someone suffering from PTSD is relevant. It points to something traumatic having occurred.

We has strange behavior from the astronauts during their press conference.
Subsequently, we cant find videos of other press conferences. Why is that?

We have astronauts leaving NASA soon after their moon trips. Why didnt they stay? Support the cause, be ambassadors for more missions?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Yes of course. He is not a machine.
As much as someone suffering from PTSD is relevant. It points to something traumatic having occurred.

Yeah, it's not like being squeezed into a tin can and blasted into space where one false move can kill you in an instant isn't something that we all do every day.

Probably because you haven't bothered to look.

We have astronauts leaving NASA soon after their moon trips. Why didnt they stay? Support the cause, be ambassadors for more missions?

What career move would top walking on the Moon? Nothing. At least in the private sector they might get more money. As for being ambassadors to support the cause, you would think they would be traipsing to Congress to... wait. They are. That's what started this latest digression from Jarrah's nonsense!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Yeah, it's not like being squeezed into a tin can and blasted into space where one false move can kill you in an instant isn't something that we all do every day.

It was not a long trip really and I know plenty of jobs on earth that are more cramped and worse..
Also, thousands would have gladly taken their place so I think your point is moot..

So you can link to many and prove them wrong. right??

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by FoosM

Well I guess you did, so please provide us links for those other conferences!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter
Buzz saw an unexplained "L" shaped object on his mission and we've seen him get very twinkly eyed once talking about the monolith on Phobos.
Well, twinkly eyes. Conclusive. Just like the astronauts looking tired at a press conference after spending several days in a tiny box pooping in bags.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter
The immediate question for this thread is ....

Can we trust the statements of an ex-Apollo astronaut?
These are the same astronauts you consider liars and frauds, right? Just want to get that pinned down.

top topics

<< 572  573  574    576  577  578 >>

join