It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

page: 468
<< 465  466  467    469  470  471 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by 000063
Say, FoosM, what is the thickness of the hull of the command module?

Have you tried using google?

Or is this a question that is being asked for effect?
The question is entirely rhetorical. FoosM seems to have a habit of reflexively questioning each and every aspect of evidence presented by his opposition. However, if he's presenting the evidence, that means he has to accept it. To this end, he rarely produces evidence that he thinks would prove him wrong, which is intellectually dishonest. He rarely makes any actual assertions, relying on insinuating by relentlessly questioning.

For an example, click here. Note how he asks a question instead of making an assertion, and has never actually answered my question as to what point he was making. He admits to hinting instead of making statements. When cornered, he will post of a flurry of Youtube videos and ignore the points made while trying . He has said, in the past, that he doesn't even need to make assertions, only to question the official story, which seems over-literal to me. A skeptic looks for evidence both for and against their argument, and evaluates all of it.

The attempts of myself and others to get him to admit to one simple fact goes to whether Jarrah was right on the subject of radiation exposure. FoosM has stubbornly refused to produce this fact, for whatever reasons I cannot imagine. Perhaps because it would prove Jarrah wrong on one point. My question is why this one point is so important to JW's argument, and if it's not, why is FoosM fighting so hard for it?
edit on 2011/5/27 by 000063 because: -

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by weedwhacker

Allow me? If I may....(been following a bit, for last...oh, how many pages.....>sigh

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

So the short answer is you don't know..

Good work Weed..

I seem to recall, in this thread, that they only found out about CME activity much later..

That makes your post about rushing the Apollo 13 astronauts into the CM in the event of a CME nothing but BS on your part...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Allow me? If I may....(been following a bit, for last...oh, how many pages.....>sigh

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

did you ever think that maybe that's why he's NOT replying to your question .. because why answer someone when you can find it in 3secs.. DUH ~!!! you game is up .. so .. show us your results k? I'll be waiting ..

Actually his spamming is even sillier than that..
Hull thickness is only part of the equation, though as you state, any fool could find the info..

But we also need to know what kind of radiation it's shielding against and what the hull is made of..

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

reply to post by Komodo

did you ever think that maybe that's why he's NOT replying to your question .. because why answer someone when you can find it in 3secs.. DUH ~!!! you game is up .. so .. show us your results k? I'll be waiting ..

Hull thickness is only part of the equation, though as you state, any fool could find the info..

But we also need to know what kind of radiation it's shielding against and what the hull is made of..
Hang on...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The body of the spacecraft was constructed in a double layer separated by a thermal insulation layer. An inner pressure shell was formed from a lightweight, double skinned, alloy matrix and an outer skin, made from a honeycomb steel alloy doubled up as a heat shield and micro-meteorite protective layer.

We don't actually need to know what type of radiation. The chart Jarrah used listed an unshielded dosage, which he claimed was the dosage the astronauts would've received. All we need to do is prove they had any shielding at all to prove he was wrong.

Why can't you remember posts from just two pages back?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 000063

no he DID answer you .. but you either missed it or iggied it..

You keep skipping over my posts: www.abovetopsecret.com... .012 inches. Now, would you say this would be proper shielding for going through the VABs? Would you trust getting a medical x-ray with shielding as thick as three layers of aluminum foil?

012 inches

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

reply to post by 000063

You keep skipping over my posts: www.abovetopsecret.com... .012 inches. Now, would you say this would be proper shielding for going through the VABs? Would you trust getting a medical x-ray with shielding as thick as three layers of aluminum foil?

012 inches

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

reply to post by Komodo

If you were in the CM/LM.. wouldn't you want shielding vs. ALL types of Rads ~!!! Hell ya ~! I would ~!!
You know if you REALLY want to keep those guys alive and all up there in deep space where it's hot and cold.. ..

right ?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 000063

Why can't you remember posts from just two pages back?

Ya kidding?
You're the one that's spammed the same question 100 times when you already know the answer..

Maybe you need to grow up..

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

WHAT???

My post that Weedwhacker responded to ACTUALLY mentioned Apollo 13..

Unless your post that I responded to was poorly phrased, or intentionally misleading (NO! Stop, let's clear the slate...)

I ANSWERED based on my perception, in YOUR query, about the later Apollo landings, when the Astronauts, wil IN THE LM, on the SURFACE, deemed it safe (per the de-briefs, from prior missions) to doff the EVA suits, to make their sleep ON THE SURFACE OF THE MOON more comfortable.

EITHER...you were thinking something else, when you typed your post....or, I didn't know how to read your thoughts....but.....IF you wish to discuss, specifically APOLLO 13??

THEN...same comments apply....despite your feeble attempts to twist my words. Nice to know, they are STILL there, for all to review, when needed....

IN APOLLO 13, even whilst using the LM as a "life-boat"....IF a threat, in the case of a seriously directional....IN THEIR DIRECTION ...CME event were to happen, they could have taken shelter, within the CM, in a matter of minutes.

It was COLD in the CM....but, if it was a strong radiation burst, from the Sun, then they could have ridden it out.

What is wrong, with the logical segments of people's minds, nowadays??? What happened to problem-solving skills,and logical thinking?? Am I the only one left???

BTW....hope you understand time zones? You are (IF in Sydney) 18 hours ahead of me. Do the math....

edit on Fri 27 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

reply to post by 000063

012 inches

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I'd actually like to know what kept Apollo 17 cool for, I think it was 75 hours of direct sunlight...

That must of taken one hell of a good AC unit..

Not to mention how many times they vented the cool air to open the hatches..

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

reply to post by FoosM

Think about that. The absurdity of Apollo 13 knows no bounds.

I was shocked to see them in the lowly shielded LM without their full suits on for some added protection from radiation..
You would have thought that would be a given.

Here was the post you responded to Weed...

You saying you didn't see the reference to Apollo 13??

Are you blind Weed??

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

HUH????

Oh, boy.....well......

HAVE you bothered, yet, to download a prgram called "Stellarium"???

I will wait.....until you have.

Then, you will have the ability to understand (hopefully).

BIG HINT:......Sun angle, above the horizon, at time of Apollo landings....ALL of them.

Do the research, learn teh program, and try to learn, for yourselves.....(I will not hold my breath...)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Komodo

I'd actually like to know what kept Apollo 17 cool for, I think it was 75 hours of direct sunlight...

That must of taken one hell of a good AC unit..

Not to mention how many times they vented the cool air to open the hatches..

Exactly my point as well~!! I've read that a HVAC installer said the AC in the suits required to cool the guys on the moon was TOTALLY incompatible to normal AC rules, meaning, the amount of heat to dispense vs the amount of coolant needed was not matching up.. I'm sure there's a bit of math in all that.. ..

but i'm no expert, just another observation.. ;D

along with the coolant question is the amount of breathable oxygen need to survive is another tricky issue .. ;D

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

IN APOLLO 13, even whilst using the LM as a "life-boat"....IF a threat, in the case of a seriously directional....IN THEIR DIRECTION ...CME event were to happen, they could have taken shelter, within the CM, in a matter of minutes.

I asked you what equipment NASA had in 1970 to predict CME's etc..
I honestly don't recall them having any reasonable advance warning system that would enable them to get the astronauts to safety..

Please enlighten me..

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

top topics

<< 465  466  467    469  470  471 >>

join