It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

page: 467
<< 464  465  466    468  469  470 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 000063

C'mon, you came up with the LM numbers so easily. Why is the CM evading you?

Weird how the rest of my post vanished.

Before worrying about the CM, Im more interested in the LM.
I want to establish the minimum shielding that was necessary to traverse the VABs.
The LM has was a thin skinned craft. I want to know if anyone would survive being in there while going through the VABs. I want to know the definition of not shielded means.
Naked no clothes?
Spacesuit?
LM?
CM?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

i refuse to discuiss the sheilding of the LM - with regard to the VAB - for the simple reasdon that it was unmaned during the VAB transit

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM
So what is the problem? Would it have been an issue if the Commander was in the LEM during their transit through the VABs? I mean, you agree that a paper thin hull would be a death sentence for anyone in the LM, right? Or do you think it wouldn't be a problem?
If it would've, he would've simply not entered the LM until they were past the belt, assuming that, for some reason, they were to unpack it and attach before passing through the VAB. According to the OS, they didn't even unpack the LM until they were in orbit around the moon.

How thick was the hull of the Command Module?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

ok - one last time - the astronauts transited the VAB in the CM wearing space suits

address this - not your fantasies

mo one transired the VAB in the LM
no one transited the VAB naked
no one transired the VAB sans space suit
no one transited the VAB outside the CM

ADDRESS THE FACTS - NOT YOUR FANTASIES

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM
Before worrying about the CM, Im more interested in the LM.
I want to establish the minimum shielding that was necessary to traverse the VABs.

Why? It was never done. If you're somehow thinking Apollo 13 went through the VAB's with the crew in the LM, you'd be wrong, there. too.

Just as it would have taken an hour to completely traverse them on the outgoing trip, it would take an hour on the return trip. So they would only start to enter the VABs roughly an hour before atmospheric reentry.

Reentry was at MET 142:41. The LM had already been jettisoned by MET 141:30, so there wasn't even the potential for anyone to be in it when they started to enter the VABs.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

you are FOS - no one transited the VAB in the LM - so the question is irrelevant

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor
If you're somehow thinking Apollo 13 went through the VAB's with the crew in the LM, you'd be wrong, there. too.

Just as it would have taken an hour to completely traverse them on the outgoing trip, it would take an hour on the return trip. So they would only start to enter the VABs roughly an hour before atmospheric reentry.

Reentry was at MET 142:41. The LM had already been jettisoned by MET 141:30, so there wasn't even the potential for anyone to be in it when they started to enter the VABs.

Bravo! Man it took you guys long enough to pick up on the clues.

7(up as in mission) + 6(down as in landed) = 13.
Liar Lovell vs Bill Kaysing.

Yep, good ol' Aquarius

Hair is a 1979 American film adaptation of the 1968 Broadway musical of the same name about a Vietnam war draftee who meets and befriends a tribe of long-haired hippies on his way to the army induction center. The hippies introduce him to their environment of marijuana, '___', and unorthodox relationships.

See I think there was a little too much pot and '___' going on in the 60's that made faking the moon landing possible.

Nat has picked up on the fact that the LM was of course used as a lifeboat for Apollo 13.
Which means, the astronauts were for 4 days, open to solar flares, VABs, and other space radiation not to forget, micrometeorites, while cooling their heels in a craft with paper thin skin.

Think about that. The absurdity of Apollo 13 knows no bounds.

Anyway, Nat wants us to believe that during the transit back home, they floated into the safety of their CM seats prior to entering the VABs.

Sorry NAT, I dont buy that for a second.

We all know the VABs extend from 400 to about 40 thousand miles. The LM was jettisoned some 12.000 miles from Earth. So anything they were doing prior to this puts them within the VABs range.

As a matter of fact, it took them about 4 hours to go from the outer edge of the belt to the point of jettisoning their lifeboat LM. So anywhere in between they would be within the VABs.

Four hours before landing, the crew shed the service module; Mission Control had insisted on retaining it until then because everyone feared what the cold of space might do to the unsheltered CM heat shield. Photos of the Service Module showed one whole panel missing, and wreckage hanging out, it was a sorry mess as it drifted away. Three hours later the crew left the Lunar Module Aquarius and then splashed down gently in the Pacific Ocean near Samoa,

That would put them 18.000 miles from Earth. So these guys were at least three hours in the VABs while being in their thin skinned LM. Three hours in the VABs. Yet according to NASA:

Average Radiation Exposure
For Apollo Flight Crews
Apollo
Mission Skin dosage
(rads)
7 0.16
8 0.16
9 0.20
10 0.48
11 0.18
12 0.58
13 0.24
14 1.14
15 0.30
16 0.51
17 0.55

The astronauts experienced a dose slightly more than Apollo 9 which never left LEO.
Now explain how they could survive that type of radiation in the VABs?
Explain how they could sit 4 days in the LM out in space, and only show slightly more
exposure to radiation that Apollo 9?

Now its time to drop the Hammer

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

So where is that post where you proved that Kovalev's data contradicted NASA's like Jarrah claimed? You seem to have gotten distracted. By the way, they needed the power from the LM, they weren't in it as they traversed the ERBs. They simply waited until the last moment to jettison it. Also, as you recall, Kovalev found 3mm of aluminum adequate shielding... the LM was perfectly fine in the solar wind.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Think about that. The absurdity of Apollo 13 knows no bounds.

I was shocked to see them in the lowly shielded LM without their full suits on for some added protection from radiation..
You would have thought that would be a given.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Say, FoosM, what is the thickness of the hull of the command module? We cannot determine what exposure the Apollo 11 astronauts would've had without said thickness, which you have failed to produce. It is entirely relevant to this thread, for the following reasons;

If we have determined whether said hull would've provided any shielding at all, then the "young aussie Genius"'s claim that the astronauts would've received the unshielded dose is proven false. This means that Jarrah was wrong on one point out of many, and certainly not one his entire thesis rests on. If one cannot admit to him being wrong on one point, then one's objectivity is suspect; it means one might not admit other points where he is wrong, including ones his thesis does rest on.
edit on 2011/5/27 by 000063 because: +

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Allow me? If I may....(been following a bit, for last...oh, how many pages.....>sigh

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 000063
Say, FoosM, what is the thickness of the hull of the command module?

Have you tried using google?

Or is this a question that is being asked for effect?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Allow me? If I may....(been following a bit, for last...oh, how many pages.....>sigh

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Oh...Apollo 13. Where, "the Astronauts spent a lot of time in the LM".

Yeah...know. And, I can see the inevitable silliness, and ridiculous claims.

Did you know?? They STILL had a radio, to stay in contact with Houston??

AND...did you realize, that IF a major SUN flare was predicted, or measured....there would still have been some warning???

AND, if needed, in that worst-case scenario, they COULD have (yes, all three) gotten into the CM, to ride it out???

BUT...didn't happen (THAT horrible, "deadly" ...which is a farce....CME. DID IT???)

Next?

Oh and......no CME would have "instantly" killed them, either. DO try to keep up, please?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Oh...Apollo 13. Where, "the Astronauts spent a lot of time in the LM".
Yeah...know. And, I can see the inevitable silliness, and ridiculous claims.
Did you know?? They STILL had a radio, to stay in contact with Houston??
AND...did you realize, that IF a major SUN flare was predicted, or measured....there would still have been some warning???
AND, if needed, in that worst-case scenario, they COULD have (yes, all three) gotten into the CM, to ride it out???
BUT...didn't happen (THAT horrible, "deadly" ...which is a farce....CME. DID IT???)
Next?
Oh and......no CME would have "instantly" killed them, either. DO try to keep up, please?

Gee Weed, please educate me some more..
Exactly what tools did NASA have in place to predict CME's etc back in 1970??
And how much notice would these tools have given to get the astronauts to safety??

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN COVERED....IN THIS THREAD!!!!!

Exactly what tools did NASA have in place to predict CME's etc back in 1970??

Multiple times.....I will not do the work for you, it is in THIS thread.

Short memories are NOT an excuse. And, trying to play a game, in thread, just because it's long, long, long and one hopes that no one will notice the deception?

Poor form.

Some of us have a better memory. Don;t try to hide in the shrubbery.......it is a sad thing to see, and those of us who have participated for this entire thread, are not fooled.

(For those just finding it.....IF any.....well, it will be a long slog....sorry.....)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Get em' FoosM~!! Your on it~! There never seems to be a stream of inconsistency of the Apollo missions

and thank you for the vids ~!! to which I will ask the ATS community that believe we did in fact go to the moon to PLEASE explain this video in detail.. cuz' to me....it makes NO scientific sense and COMPLETELY shatters the laws of Physics ~!!
cuz' seriously....if they can't come up with a copious amount of RAW data to explain how it can be freezing cold in the CM & LM, but be roasting on the moon .. yea.. you've been lied to..

So without further ado...

edit on 27-5-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 464  465  466    468  469  470 >>

join