It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Oh your going to love this:

3:39 - Kranz states that controllers would not know the difference between simulations and the "real" Apollo missions.

Wow... listening to this documentary and it boggles the mind that they managed to land on the moon without a loss of life. Those poor lab mice! All part of a simulation.

Just like all the other aspects of Apollo... nothing worked right & nothing made sense.
Yeah Im generalizing, but its as closer to the truth.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Another internet lie. It is unfortunate that, apparently, the son of "Gus" Grissom has fallen for it, too.

Note in the "article" that they mention a McDonnel Douglas engineer.

That is rather odd, since Douglas wasn't the contractor for the CM!

That was North American Aviation, THEY built the spacecraft.

BUT, in today's Internet Age it's far, far easier to believe some crap, rather than to read the real information:

klabs.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

(Yes, even Wiki. Wiki isn't something to sneer at, even though many do...)

Nothing about a "false panel", and an outside "battery switch". Stuff like that is so stupid, it makes me shake my head, while I cringe at teh gullibility of some people.

Here:

The review board noted a silver-plated copper wire running through an environmental control unit near the center couch had become stripped of its Teflon insulation and abraded by repeated opening and closing of a small access door. This weak point in the wiring also ran near a junction in an ethylene glycol/water cooling line which was known to be prone to leaks. The electrolysis of ethylene glycol solution with the silver anode was a notable hazard which could cause a violent exothermic reaction,[citation needed] igniting the ethylene glycol mixture in the CM's corrosive test atmosphere of pure, high-pressure oxygen.

The Web is FULL of all kinds of BAD, terribly incorrect "info".

Internet is a wonderful invention, but it can be mis-used in many ways....

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

You are truly out on a limb! AND, you have either a willful ignorance happening, as an apologist for "Jarrah White", or you ARE "JW"...

3:39 - Kranz states that controllers would not know the difference between simulations and the "real" Apollo missions.

You try to use THAT to support these continuing crackpot allegations?

Kid, you are so far out, YOU might be on the Moon, for all we know (There is a long delay, connecting to you. Perhaps you're on Mars?)

IF you can't understand, and don't realize, really, what is meant by his comment, then I can only feel sorry for you, buddy.

IF, on the other hand, you are STILL using these same deceitful tactics willfully, then I call you out, and my accusations remain, as to your real agenda here...

Serious ATS members do NOT like being toyed with...and that goes for ALL of us. Unfortunately, I have no 'power' over you. However, the jury is watching your every move....

[edit on 10 May 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by FoosM

You are truly out on a limb! AND, you have either a willful ignorance happening, as an apologist for "Jarrah White", or you ARE "JW"...

You try to use THAT to support these continuing crackpot allegations?

Kid, you are so far out, YOU might be on the Moon, for all we know (There is a long delay, connecting to you. Perhaps you're on Mars?)

IF you can't understand, and don't realize, really, what is meant by his comment, then I can only feel sorry for you, buddy.

IF, on the other hand, you are STILL using these same deceitful tactics willfully, then I call you out, and my accusations remain, as to your real agenda here...

Serious ATS members do NOT like being toyed with...and that goes for ALL of us. Unfortunately, I have no 'power' over you. However, the jury is watching your every move....

*goes grabs popcorn*

Oh do tell, what does he mean by that statement?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Another internet lie. It is unfortunate that, apparently, the son of "Gus" Grissom has fallen for it, too.

Huh... what?
Isn't that the point of using a INDEPENDENT engineer?
I mean, what are you exactly saying, Clark Mac Donald is a fictional character?
And your calling Grissom's son a liar?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

WHERE, oh where did I call the son of "Gus" Grissom a 'liar'?

It is YOU, with your vile tactics of bait and switch, and deceit, who wish to cast aspersions on others.

I told you that I thought he has been sent down a path, by various persons for whatever reason...and is probably not qualified to be making such an engineering judgment.

Here, YOU tell us what YOU see:

Oh, and here, for the ghouls:

HERE is the alleged "smoking gun" from the 'forbiddenknowledge' website:

Grissom said he recently was granted access to the charred capsule and discovered a "fabricated" metal plate located behind a control panel switch. The switch controlled the capsules' electrical power source from an outside source to the ship's batteries. Grissom argues that the placement of the metal plate was an act of sabotage. When the one of the astronauts toggled the switch to transfer power to the ship's batteries, a spark was created igniting a fireball.

But then, in a seemingly dis-jointed and unrelated (although the writers wish it to appear so), there's this:

Clark Mac Donald, a McDonnell-Douglas engineer hired by NASA to investigate the fire, offered corroborating evidence. Breaking more than three decades of silence, Mac Donald alleges that he determined an electrical short caused by the change over to battery power had caused the fire.

"three decades of silence"?

And, HE is the 'only' one???

But, NONE of this means anything about the FACT of Apollo, especially after the tragedy.

It's actually ridiculous to think that NASA would resort to such a public event, and jeopardize the entire Apollo program (not to mention, kill two othres as well).

NO, thi sentire BS about NASA wanting to "kill" Grissom stems from one grieving family's misconception, apparently. AND, it is old, old news...perhpas they've altered their views, by now?

Alas, anything put on the Internet, STAYS on the Internet.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM

Huh... what?

And where did this story originally come from?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Dragnet's back!

Unfortunately you never got a chance to "school" us on your history knowledge and tell us just what the Soviets were "first" in.

We're waiting....

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Alongside Jarrah White,

There are several other persons, that I am aware of, who are making video productions scrutinizing the Apollo record.

They are not, as far as I have seen, of the 'NASA is hiding UFO evidence' ilk. All in all, their body of work whittle away at the mass induced programming of the Apollo program.

Just asking questions is awe130
(bubbles in space?)

The psychedelic greenmagoos

Un4g1v3n1's Lunarcy

ItalianoAmericano

Moon Hoax with pt1gard

hunchbacked over details

ArcAngel4Myke leaves no moonrock unturned

You see hoax believers, every day that we dont return back to the moon, is another day that somebody sees what occured in the late 60's and early 70's as a hoax.
And a 100 years from now, when we still haven't managed to return to the moon,
Apollo will be just another myth.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by FoosM]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Huh... what?

Are you going to give us the original source of this information?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

sure and we will never truly know if we ever went back to the moon. But we keep saying we did. but yet when we get the chance and the money they find some naive excuse to not go.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Please look at what you just said.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by DJW001]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

He clearly shows the flag moving and all anyone can say is, "I didnt see it move"
Well you didn't look. Take your hands from in front your eyes. Its like theres a psychic block of the mind to see the truth.

Dude just about everything in that frame is moving, how on earth do you think it is evidence that the flag has moved without interference?

I suggest you take your own advice about removing the hands from in front of your eyes. Take a good look at that clip, not just at the flag itself but at the surrounding scenery. You can see distortion all over the frame in line with the supposed flag movement. Same direction and everything.

If thats the best evidence he has for the flag moving independently then his evidence is non-existent. In line with pretty much every other claim hoaxers have made in this thread really.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Alongside Jarrah White,

There are several other persons, that I am aware of, who are making video productions scrutinizing the Apollo record.

And yet other opportunities to try to change the subject.

Still haven't found the source for your "Clark MacDonald" story?

I'm not surprised. There is no mention of the incident anywhere except 2 or 3 Hoax sites. They all rely on this article from the ever-reliable Newsmax from 1999.

Astronaut Was Murdered, Son Says

But the really interesting thing is that the Newsmax article itself uses the supermarket checkout tabloid "The Star", as its only reference.

There's investigative journalism for you! And again, there is no other reference to the claims by the family.

However, the family did issue this press release in 2002, not long after this story appeared, responding to the Columbia disaster:

Condolence to Family of Columbia Astronauts

PRESS RELEASE

(HOUSTON) February 1, 2003 – The family of Astronaut Virgil I. "Gus" Grissom, the commander of the Apollo 1 spacecraft that died during a fire on the launch pad on January 27, 1967, is extending their "heart felt condolences" to the families of the astronauts who died today during re-entry of the space shuttle Columbia.

Mrs. Betty Grissom, Captain Scott Grissom and Mark Grissom, know exactly what these families are going through "and want to make sure that these parents, spouses, brothers, sisters, and most of all, children, know that our hearts go out to them after this tragic event."

"My husband, like these other Columbia astronauts, made the ultimate sacrifice for science, space exploration, and their respective countries," said Betty Grissom, "and I know Gus will be there to greet them, wherever that may be."

Captain Scott Grissom, now an airline pilot for FedEx, recalls the death of his father clearly, and believes the United States should continue its manned mission in space. "My dad was on record for wanting the mission to continue in the event of a catastrophe," Captain Grissom said.

A few weeks before the fire in the Apollo 1 spacecraft, Commander Gus Grissom said "If we die, we want people to accept it. We're in a risky business, and we hope if anything happens to us, it will not delay the program. The conquest of space is worth the risk of life."

Betty Grissom said "I also hope that people of all nations, will put aside our differences today in a moment of silence, and say something special in their own way for each of these astronauts and their families today."

Captain Scott Grissom
3118 Thorne Creek
Houston TX 77073

They don't sound much like they were portrayed, do they?

Nice going boys, bit in the ass once again by not checking your sources.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

sure and we will never truly know if we ever went back to the moon. But we keep saying we did. but yet when we get the chance and the money they find some naive excuse to not go.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by dragnet53]

Another attempt to change the subject.

You said specifically that (after "reading history books") the USSR was ahead of us in everything concerning spaceflight.

Please list everthing that they were ahead of us.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Tomblvd]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

ALL of those YouTube posters are equally (as in, along with "Jarrah White") completely loony. That is, IF they truly believe in the "hoax" nonsense, and aren't just doing it to have a laugh...for a lark.

Every one of those videos has been covered, at one time or another.

Each has been thoroughly trashed....but, of course, YOu don't wish to post those, do you? Because, they people who address the stupid "hoax" videos do so far more intelligently.

And, no...Apollo will not be a "myth"" in the far, far future.

I expect, based on your posting style, that YOU may live long enough to actually personally VISIT the sites, someday. That is, IF you become wealthy enough to afford it, and IF it ever becomes 'touristy' in your lifetime.

In lieu of actually visiting, then at least there will be continuing new video and photographic evidence, in years ahead. Studies, also, to see what's happened to the equipment after such long-term exposure on the surface. Will be important info for upcoming manned Lunar bases.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Oh I love it,

You know how many questions and rebuttals Apollo propagandists have left unanswered on this thread? Its alot. How telling.

First of all, this thread is about Jarrah White, yet I see now true attempt to debunk his findings. Except making statements that his findings are bunk.
how lame. Sorry guys, calling someone a liar doesn't make him a liar. And believing that man landed on the moon... sounds so ridiculous, wont make it true either.

Face it guys, there is no hard evidence for Apollo... not even soft evidence

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zvezdar

He clearly shows the flag moving and all anyone can say is, "I didnt see it move"
Well you didn't look. Take your hands from in front your eyes. Its like theres a psychic block of the mind to see the truth.

Dude just about everything in that frame is moving, how on earth do you think it is evidence that the flag has moved without interference?

I suggest you take your own advice about removing the hands from in front of your eyes. Take a good look at that clip, not just at the flag itself but at the surrounding scenery. You can see distortion all over the frame in line with the supposed flag movement. Same direction and everything.

If thats the best evidence he has for the flag moving independently then his evidence is non-existent. In line with pretty much every other claim hoaxers have made in this thread really.

what kind of answer is that? Can you be more vague? What else was moving? Mountains? Rocks? Trees? OMG! WTF?

Is that your rebuttal? So what direction is the scenery moving? Please point it out, give some specifics.

One person says he doesn't see any movement, the other says everything is moving.
Get your story straight. LOL

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomblvd

Alongside Jarrah White,

And yet other opportunities to try to change the subject.

Still haven't found the source for your "Clark MacDonald" story?

I'm not surprised. There is no mention of the incident anywhere except 2 or 3 Hoax sites. They all rely on this article from the ever-reliable Newsmax from 1999.

Astronaut Was Murdered, Son Says

But the really interesting thing is that the Newsmax article itself uses the supermarket checkout tabloid "The Star", as its only reference.

There's investigative journalism for you! And again, there is no other reference to the claims by the family.

However, the family did issue this press release in 2002, not long after this story appeared, responding to the Columbia disaster:

Condolence to Family of Columbia Astronauts

PRESS RELEASE

(HOUSTON) February 1, 2003 – The family of Astronaut Virgil I. "Gus" Grissom, the commander of the Apollo 1 spacecraft that died during a fire on the launch pad on January 27, 1967, is extending their "heart felt condolences" to the families of the astronauts who died today during re-entry of the space shuttle Columbia.

Mrs. Betty Grissom, Captain Scott Grissom and Mark Grissom, know exactly what these families are going through "and want to make sure that these parents, spouses, brothers, sisters, and most of all, children, know that our hearts go out to them after this tragic event."

"My husband, like these other Columbia astronauts, made the ultimate sacrifice for science, space exploration, and their respective countries," said Betty Grissom, "and I know Gus will be there to greet them, wherever that may be."

Captain Scott Grissom, now an airline pilot for FedEx, recalls the death of his father clearly, and believes the United States should continue its manned mission in space. "My dad was on record for wanting the mission to continue in the event of a catastrophe," Captain Grissom said.

A few weeks before the fire in the Apollo 1 spacecraft, Commander Gus Grissom said "If we die, we want people to accept it. We're in a risky business, and we hope if anything happens to us, it will not delay the program. The conquest of space is worth the risk of life."

Betty Grissom said "I also hope that people of all nations, will put aside our differences today in a moment of silence, and say something special in their own way for each of these astronauts and their families today."

Captain Scott Grissom
3118 Thorne Creek
Houston TX 77073

They don't sound much like they were portrayed, do they?

Nice going boys, bit in the ass once again by not checking your sources.

So let me get this straight.... because you make absolutely no sense.

You state the source of the accusation comes from a Star magazine interview.
Yet you claim that the interview didnt happen?

I mean, what are you actually claiming? That the Grissom's dont believe that Gus was murdered?

Or is this another one of your typical Red Herrings

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Oh I love it,

You know how many questions and rebuttals Apollo propagandists have left unanswered on this thread? Its alot. How telling.

First of all, this thread is about Jarrah White, yet I see now true attempt to debunk his findings. Except making statements that his findings are bunk.
how lame. Sorry guys, calling someone a liar doesn't make him a liar. And believing that man landed on the moon... sounds so ridiculous, wont make it true either.

Face it guys, there is no hard evidence for Apollo... not even soft evidence

Why not make a list with all unanswered questions? Just start with 10 if it is too many.

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join