It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

page: 449
<< 446  447  448    450  451  452 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Obviously where the rocks all in a sudden stop and there is this fake grass.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Where is the foreground / background line in that photo?

It's friggin' obvious.

The two bicyclists are on the rocky/gravel part....behind them, the terrain descends...they are on the crest of a low rise. The terrain also appears to obviously descend in FRONT of them, too.

Back to behind.....the crest of the low rise, the rocky/gravelly one they are on........it forms the "dividing line"....in the background, you see a lower area, that is mostly grass covered. The floor of that shallow valley.

Furthermore, it is so obvious on Earth, because of atmospheric perspective effects. We are accustomed and inured to this, because it part of everyday experience.

In a complete vacuum, on the Moon for instance, there is NO such effect, in photos. The sense of distance is thus counter-intuitive to our Earth experience, in air. This will be the case for any photos from the surface of the planet Mercury, in future as well.

Mars......to a lesser degree, since it has an atmosphere, though far, far thinner than ours.

It truly is so, so sad that many of the posters n this thread simply cannot fathom this scientific fact.....as the stills posted a page back showed. Perfectly understood, and clearly taken on the Moon....anyone with the minimum of science understanding can clearly see.

Again.....the topography comparisons too, as pointed out, are further proof. Overhead arrangements, when compared to the historical 2-dimensional photos from the landing missions. Video of actual travel over the surface (***), covering distances NOT POSSIBLE in any "studio" prove also the idiotic nature of such claims of "fakery".

Self-delusion is rife on the team of the rare few who still cling desperately to the "hoax" nonsense........

(***)

edit on 7 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

jra

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
So I decided to make another animated gif showing more parallax shifting. The photos are from Apollo 15. They are AS15-85-11405 and AS15-85-11455. 11405 was taken at Geology Station 1 and 11455 at Geology Station 2. The two Geology Stations are roughly about 770m apart and GS2 is about 100m higher in altitude than GS1.

Here is a labeled and cropped version of AS15-85-11455, showing the approximate distances to different places within the image.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f3342122a88.gif[/atsimg]

Here is the animated gif with the two photos overlayed together. You can definitely see that there is a shift happening and that it's not simply a flat background.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c8fa92a88f44.gif[/atsimg]

Here is a cropped version of the animated gif, focusing on the mountains. You can see a bit more of that peak in the distance becomes revealed in the photo from GS2, when compared to GS1.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67a046616573.gif[/atsimg]

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jra

What a SPOT ON!! bit of work, there. Wishing I had access to your expertise, and computer abilities....

SO....since it has been rather "conveniently" ignored, usually, over the last 445+ pages (or thereabouts)...a re-connection to the TOPIC!!! -----

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

....which has, conclusively, been proven to be FALSE.

Of course, the "OP" who, like a sort of seagull, swooped in, dropped his OP, and then flew away, to let others clean up the mess.....nevertheless garners all the "points" and "flags" that have accumulated....whatever they are worth.......

Notwithstanding the preceding.....let's spin back, to recall the "BASIS" of this OP....it was about some alleged "genius" who happened to be born in Australia....who, it has become known, decided for a "school project" some years ago to take an interest in the so-called Apollo "landing hoax" concept.

To most intelligent gents, a lark.....a toss off, just a way to get a grade, in high school, and have a "laugh" perhaps. But, there is more....this particular so-called "genius" (a misnomer, if ever there was one) went further. The primary basis of HIS "evidence" have come in a series of ever-increasingly inane YouTube videos....each more incredibly stupid than the next, if that is at all possible to envision.

SO....without taking to subject the ATS audience with the full extent of "WhiteJarrah"s crap videos....many of which have already been peppered into this LONG thread, by now.....what about a short list of a few rebuttals?? To balance out the "boy wonder"???

Here....we have ALL suffered through many, many, many instances of some ATS members posting in this thread, some YouTube videos. HERE are only three....less than 30 minutes of your time, if you care to be entertained, informed and ENLIGHTENED!!

"....all of our precious bodily fluids....""

A psychotic paranoid idiot!! Fictional, in the Stanley Kubrick classic film....a character, in the screen play....but...well....is there a parallel??? LOL!!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

HERE is yet another.....(I have messaged the YouTube user to say that I will gladly use MY YouTube channels to "mirror" such videos, if needed....it's only the right thing to do. If only I knew how....which, I told them, I don't.....YET!!!)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

If I may indulge your patience.....one more. These are golden, gems really.....the past "DMCA" false claims, by "Jarrah White" were subject of much discussion, in case ATS audience were unaware. I incorrectly might have messed up the acronym "DMCA" in previous posts....but, you should have gotten the point.

Here.....yet another to fill in the gaps of the little "drama" that has been going on....INSTIGATED by...well, by the "Belle of the Ball".....Jarrah White, himself.....:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Jarrah still can't produce one single scientist to support his claims other than an imaginary physicist that he expects us to take as real on good faith... all while he hypocritically accuses NASA of hiding things.

Here's what an actual scientist with a PHD has to say about hoax claims, call me crazy, but I'll trust the guy with the PHD: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aXuQ9Dg2gE

Where is JW's moon rocks series that he's been talking up for months? It was "nearly complete" 3 months ago.

So let me get this straight, NASA fooled every single scientist on the planet but they can't fool Jarrah White?

wow.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Facefirst

Jarrah still can't produce one single scientist to support his claims other than an imaginary physicist that he expects us to take as real on good faith... all while he hypocritically accuses NASA of hiding things.

Not ONE scientist?

You really sure about that.??

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Not ONE scientist?

You really sure about that.??

Show me.

Show me an accredited and peer reviewed scientist. Not some wack living in a van down by the river.....

Show me one single accredited & respected scientist that says "Jarrah White is right in his beliefs."

You guys truly think NASA fooled everyone on the planet except for Jarrah White?

edit on 8-5-2011 by Facefirst because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

What's DR. GERALD WASSERBURG upset about?
Something to do with moon rocks..
I'll need to look further.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

If I may indulge your patience.....one more. These are golden, gems really.....the past "DMCA" false claims, by "Jarrah White"

Im curious why Weed just bombarded this thread with posts right after JRA began posting about parallel shift.
I wonder if Weed realized that what JRA posted might cause eyebrows to be raised and wanted to quickly cause distance between the posts before people could react.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Here's what an actual scientist with a PHD has to say about hoax claims, call me crazy, but I'll trust the guy with the PHD: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aXuQ9Dg2gE

Where is JW's moon rocks series that he's been talking up for months? It was "nearly complete" 3 months ago.

I'm wiping my hands clean of this. It's like trying to talk to religious fanatics.....

I'm done.

I actually thought the landings might have been faked at one point in my life, but the more I looked into it, the more I found the evidence to be overwhelming that NASA actually achieved the Apollo missions. And anyone old enough to remember the cold war would be sure that the Soviets would have loved to have shamed the US for a fraudulent moon landing. The whole wheat for silence theory is pretty lame.

And Foosm, I can deal with your changing of the subject when you are intellectually cornered (which happens quite often) but don't ever again post photos of dead Astronauts while claiming they were killed off by NASA.....it shows you to be tasteless, tactless and lacking in ethics.

I part with this, Jarrah is a paranoid loon with deep issues. He needs help. I work in the arts and have to deal with crazy people pretty regularly....Jarrah displays all the symptoms of a full blow paranoid drama queen. Probably from a broken home with deep daddy issues.... Jarrah's transexual cartoon fixation says a lot. His asking for money to land on the moon even says more.

But each to their own and I'm not one to usually comment on one's personal life, but in my experience, the people that do the most finger pointing usually have the most to hide.

But with my great appreciation from being inspired by this thread to look into the landings...... My heartfelt thanks to Buzz, Neil, Cernan, Collins, Lovell and the entire NASA crew..... you all have my greatest gratitude for your bravery.

THANK YOU!

And thank you to the hoaxsters for your ignorance! (especially with regards to radiation shielding and the concept of CONTEXT) It means a lot! Especially the part about ignoring the 800+ pounds of moon rocks that have been examined by geologists from all over the world.

But if it's ever actually PROVEN that Apollo didn't happen(fat chance in hell), I'll be the first to apologize.

peace.

-face

*hands wiped clean*

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I'm wiping my hands clean of this. It's like trying to talk to religious fanatics.....

I know the feeling..

bye now..

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

I know the feeling..

bye now..

Farewell.

you and Jarrah still haven't produced a single scientist that agrees with your theories out of the thousands of scientists around the world.....

Bye.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

What's DR. GERALD WASSERBURG upset about?
Something to do with moon rocks..
I'll need to look further.

Dr. Wasserburg worked very closely with NASA, and originated the "Late Heavy Bombardment Period" theory based on his analysis of the lunar samples. He clearly does not doubt that the missions were real. Like many scientists, he did express some misgivings about the experiments that were run:

"Wir haben eine Unmenge von Antworten erhalten", so formulierte es letzten Monat Dr. Gerald Wasserburg. Geologe am California Institute of Technology, aber es sei noch nicht einmal sicher, "ob wir überhaupt die richtigen Fragen gestellt haben".

Der Spiegel

"We have a found a huge number of answers," Dr. Gerald Wasserburg, geologist at the California Institute of Technology explained last month, but it was not clear "if we were really asking the most important questions." [Translation mine]

In other words, he felt the need for more scientific experiments that addressed his own particular area of interest.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst

Hi Crazy

I posted the same video earlier.
Cox is like a religious fanatic trying to prove the existence of God by only using the bible.
He is full of hubris.
If this is your champion, your are eyes are wide shut.

Where is DJ's and that other poster's treatise on radiation proving that NASA knew how to overcome the issues and that they actually did? As for JW, why are you in a rush, its not like you will watch the videos. You'll just wait till others do and then cry foul.

Yeah like big headed Cox.

I'm done.

I actually thought the landings might have been faked at one point in my life, but the more I looked into it, the more I found the evidence to be overwhelming that NASA actually achieved the Apollo missions.

Evidence that you can't even present here on this forum. Evidence that can easily be faked here on Earth.

And anyone old enough to remember the cold war would be sure that the Soviets would have loved to have shamed the US for a fraudulent moon landing. The whole wheat for silence theory is pretty lame.

Not if you were the one starving.

And Foosm, I can deal with your changing of the subject when you are intellectually cornered (which happens quite often) but don't ever again post photos of dead Astronauts while claiming they were killed off by NASA.....it shows you to be tasteless, tactless and lacking in ethics.

Weak. I didnt take the photos, and I didnt release it to the public. And I definitely didnt cause those astronauts to be burned alive. So as usual, you guys hate to criticize the wrongdoers, and try to attack those who point out the wrong doing.

I part with this, Jarrah is a paranoid loon with deep issues. He needs help. I work in the arts

Martial arts? Fine arts? Black arts? Or are you a dutch orderly?

and have to deal with crazy people pretty regularly....Jarrah displays all the symptoms of a full blow paranoid drama queen. Probably from a broken home with deep daddy issues.... Jarrah's transexual cartoon fixation says a lot. His asking for money to land on the moon even says more.

You know how sick you sound trying to diagnose JW? Look in the mirror buddy, takes one to know one.

But each to their own and I'm not one to usually comment on one's personal life, but in my experience, the people that do the most finger pointing usually have the most to hide.

But with my great appreciation from being inspired by this thread to look into the landings...... My heartfelt thanks to Buzz, Neil, Cernan, Collins, Lovell and the entire NASA crew..... you all have my greatest gratitude for your bravery.

THANK YOU!

Yeah guys, thanks for sacrificing your souls to keep up the lie that has kept science back for 40 years.

And thank you to the hoaxsters for your ignorance! (especially with regards to radiation shielding and the concept of CONTEXT) It means a lot! Especially the part about ignoring the 800+ pounds of moon rocks that have been examined by geologists from all over the world.

But if it's ever actually PROVEN that Apollo didn't happen(fat chance in hell), I'll be the first to apologize.

What do you have to apologize for? DId you take our tax money to finance a fake moon landing?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra
So I decided to make another animated gif showing more parallax shifting. The photos are from Apollo 15. They are AS15-85-11405 and AS15-85-11455. 11405 was taken at Geology Station 1 and 11455 at Geology Station 2. The two Geology Stations are roughly about 770m apart and GS2 is about 100m higher in altitude than GS1.

Here is a labeled and cropped version of AS15-85-11455, showing the approximate distances to different places within the image.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f3342122a88.gif[/atsimg]

Here is the animated gif with the two photos overlayed together. You can definitely see that there is a shift happening and that it's not simply a flat background.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c8fa92a88f44.gif[/atsimg]

Here is a cropped version of the animated gif, focusing on the mountains. You can see a bit more of that peak in the distance becomes revealed in the photo from GS2, when compared to GS1.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67a046616573.gif[/atsimg]

JRA, if this was done correctly, we shouldnt see a shift of those hills being that they are so far away. What you basically are showing us is that these are models and they are closer than we are told they are. They are probably miniatures:

No CGI was used to create these special effects. The film was made in my garage and garden for a college project.

Inspired by the late master of model special effects, Derek Meddings, David Ross brings the special effects principles which saw their hey-day in the sixties and seventies back to life with everyday household objects.

If a guy can pull this off in his garden, then what could NASA do with a few billion.
LOL.

Meddings' first work with Anderson was as the uncredited art assistant on Anderson's first puppet series, Torchy the Battery Boy, produced in 1957. In 1960, he painted cut-out backgrounds of ranch houses and picket fences for Four Feather Falls.[1] He was credited with the special effects in Anderson's 1960 and 1962 series Supercar and Fireball XL5, being elevated to special effects director on 1963's Stingray for which he and Reg Hill designed the main models.[1] He became special effects supervisor on 1964's Thunderbirds, where he was responsible for the design of the Thunderbirds craft. He was visual effects supervisor for all the Anderson puppet series of the late 1960s (Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons, Joe 90, The Secret Service) and also on Anderson's first live-action series UFO. He performed the same role on Anderson's three feature films of the period, Thunderbirds Are Go (1966), Thunderbird 6 (produced in 1967, released in 1968) and the live action Doppelgänger (US title "Journey to the Far Side of the Sun", 1969). During his time working on these series, he and his team developed a number of innovations in the filming of miniature models and landscapes which have become standard in the industry.

James Bond years
In the 1970s he developed his career by working on the special effects for the James Bond movies. He first impressed producer Cubby Broccoli with some miniature effects he created for Live and Let Die in 1973.[1] Once Broccoli realised the economic advantages of building detailed models instead of expensive full-size constructions, Meddings was encouraged to come up with ideas on the next Bond, The Man with the Golden Gun (1974)[1]. After this, he was contacted by Pink Floyd and Derek handled all the pyrotechnics on the Pink Floyd shows in 1975.

And we all know the connections between the James Bond series and Apollo !
But Im not saying that Meddings was involved. We all know that NASA was working with scale models during Apollo. Though the scale that NASA was using was grander than of course what movie studios could afford.

Also, prior to 911:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Where is DJ's and that other poster's treatise on radiation proving that NASA knew how to overcome the issues and that they actually did?

Strictly speaking this has already been done dozens of times on this thread. We have cited the latest research, had a guest appearance from one of the writers you misinterpreted, presented pdfs of NASA's radiation protocols, etc, etc, ad naseum. You have made it extremely clear that no matter what anyone says, you are going to categorically reject any evidence presented, as you just have with jra's animation.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The following is Wiki Russian pages translated:

Russia's Role in the Scam

An active supporter of the theory of lunar conspiracy is the Russian writer Yury Mukhin . In his book "AntiApollon. Moonlight scam USA "Mukhin said that the funds provided by U.S. taxpayers for flights to the moon was stolen, and the scenes" moon landing "was filmed at the Earth director Stanley Kubrick . The author believes that the conspiracy also involved the CPSU Central Committee and some of the scientific community of the USSR.

Another prominent supporter - Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences Popov AI , which supports the views of Mukhina in the book "Americans on the Moon: The great breakthrough or space scam?"

According to the Statute of the CPSU Central Committee has been managing all activities of the party, local party officials, led the personnel policy of the party. CPSU Central Committee directed the work of central government and public organizations, working across party groups in them, creating a variety of organs, institutions and enterprises of the Party and in charge of their activities, appointed editorial board of major newspapers and magazines, working under its control, the budget allocates funds to the party and oversaw its performance.

One aspect of the theory of "lunar conspiracy" are also attempts to explain the recognition of the Soviet Union, the American landing on the moon. Advocates of the "lunar conspiracy" believe that the USSR was no evidence of fraud by NASA , but incomplete data of human intelligence (or that the evidence did not appear at once). Assumed the possibility of collusion between the USSR and the United States to conceal the alleged fraud. Referred to the following versions of the reasons that might encourage the Soviet Union to join the "Lunar collusion" with the U.S. and to stop its lunar-obletnuyu and lunar-landing manned lunar program in the last steps of the implementation :

The Soviet Union did not immediately recognize the scam.

The Soviet leadership refused to expose the sake of political pressure on the dollar (the threat of exposure).

The Soviet Union in exchange for silence could get economic concessions and privileges, such as supply of wheat at low prices and access to the Western European gas market. Among the possible assumptions and personal gifts to Soviet leaders.

The U.S. had political dirt on the Soviet leadership.

One can gather, that russian citizens themselves do not trust their government's role in
the moonlanding scam.

ru.wikipedia.org...
ru.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by FoosM

Where is DJ's and that other poster's treatise on radiation proving that NASA knew how to overcome the issues and that they actually did?

Strictly speaking this has already been done dozens of times on this thread. We have cited the latest research, had a guest appearance from one of the writers you misinterpreted, presented pdfs of NASA's radiation protocols, etc, etc, ad naseum. You have made it extremely clear that no matter what anyone says, you are going to categorically reject any evidence presented, as you just have with jra's animation.

Just like CHRLZ (the other poster) it looks like DJ has also thrown in the towel.
LOL.

I'm glad you brought that up; I've found literally thousands of NASA technical reports prior to 1968 dealing with the issue. Rather than do a sloppy cut-and-paste extravaganza, I'm taking my time reviewing them so I can explain the issues involved, thereby providing a proper exposition. Unfortunately I have not come across any memoranda outlining agency policy; this means that the policy must be deduced from the limits that are considered acceptable when a given report was prepared. For example, in one of the earliest analyses, dating from 1962, it is clear from the levels of recommended shielding that their ALAP was zero, much like Van Allen five years earlier. By 1965, a report that analyzed data from the Surveyor and Lunakhod probes made it clear that they were considering exposures of no more than a few days, and at higher levels than the typical Earth background radiation, There are also countless papers researching the effect of radiation on metal, plastic, "solid state circuits" and even paint. Since American sources quote Soviet sources, which in turn cite American sources, it is clear that both sides were reviewing each others' findings very closely, and that mutual confirmation was the order of the day.

Originally posted by DJW001
Now, as for my current pet project, I am taking your challenge to be an historical documentation of NASA's understanding of and solutions to the "radiation problem."

So far... NADA.

new topics

top topics

<< 446  447  448    450  451  452 >>

join