It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

page: 425
<< 422  423  424    426  427  428 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I know I was being very generous.
Mostly I felt like being generous in an effort to persuade those who believe him, or dissuade people who might view his material who have yet to view it.

By approaching the issue giving him the benefit of the doubt, and then stating why I won't watch it I felt that a better way to convince people.
If I came straight out and called him crazy, or insulted him other than how I see his tone people might straight out ignore me as a troll, or hater.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia

Originally posted by Facefirst
I have to agree. He actually states that he's taking contributions to his, and I quote: "my own death by cislunar radiation." And he also refers to it as his noble cause.

If he truly believes it's impossible to go to the moon, why bother trying to go in the first place? Why try to raise the funds? He keeps quoting a 1958 article from Van Allen claiming the radiation was a problem, yet seems to ignore or downplay Van Allen's later statements that Apollo did happen. Cherry picking at it's finest.

The whole fund-raiser sounds and feels more like a ploy for attention.

The line I made bold sums it up, better than I did.

I really think his entire page is a cry for attention.

His statements of his noble cause is to elevate himself above everyone else.
He wants attention, and he also seems to want to appear as a maryter(sp).

Agreed again. It's more about him than anything else.

I would be willing to bet money that he reads here daily and revels in the attention.

Jarrah White is the Don Quixote of youtube.

As I've stated before, White has not been able to produce one single accredited scientist or astrophysicist to back his claims.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM
Thats the problem with politics today, everybody wants to vote for mr. or mrs. popularity and not mr. or mrs. content.

This isn't even in the same realm of politics.
This is an attention starved person acting like a child.

So you went from stating your opinion to stating a fact

I suppose we have to now assume that you are a certified psychologist who can determine a person's personality trait solely from watching their videos. Why dont you give us a psychological assessment of Phil Webb, Astrobrant2, and all the others too?

All your posts have been so far on JW's personality and not the content he is bringing forth. We get it. You dont like him, so why are you bothering posting on this thread? Where do you exactly stand on the moon hoax?

edit on 14-4-2011 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

You go after me for stating opinions when you are gave yours about politics.
Yes this is my opinion, you attack me with condensation because my opinion of the man is low.
I have a right to my opinions with out being condescended upon just as you do.

A line like

I suppose we have to now assume that you are a certified psychologist who can determine a person's personality trait solely from watching their videos.

Is just a sad insult and a personal attack.
If you want to disagree with me, go after my points instead of attacking the person.
Explain why I am wrong, otherwise you are just saying "you're wrong, neannier neannier neannier"

I never claimed to be a psychologist.
You don't like my opinion so you directly attack me saying my opinions can't be relevant because you infer that I am speaking as if what I am saying is a fact.
I never said my opinion of him was fact from a trained assessment, it is an opinion from experience.

As for the moon hoax, I think we landed on the moon, and those that think we didn't are full of BS.
Who knows one day when a private enterprise can go to the moon and settle this once and for all.

Until then, most of the moon hoax videos I have seen are nothing but hot air.
That's opinion, not fact just to clarify.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

reply to post by FoosM

You go after me for stating opinions when you are gave yours about politics.

I made a statement about a segment of society for comparing statements you made in your post about JW.

Yes this is my opinion, you attack me with condensation because my opinion of the man is low.
I have a right to my opinions with out being condescended upon just as you do.
A line like

I suppose we have to now assume that you are a certified psychologist who can determine a person's personality trait solely from watching their videos.

Is just a sad insult and a personal attack.

You think being called a psychologist is an insult? Should I have said psychiatrist instead?

If you want to disagree with me, go after my points instead of attacking the person.

I did.

Explain why I am wrong, otherwise you are just saying "you're wrong, neannier neannier neannier"

Better yet explain why JW is wrong.

I never claimed to be a psychologist.
You don't like my opinion so you directly attack me saying my opinions can't be relevant because you infer that I am speaking as if what I am saying is a fact.
I never said my opinion of him was fact from a trained assessment, it is an opinion from experience.

Whats the difference?

As for the moon hoax, I think we landed on the moon, and those that think we didn't are full of BS.

Oh this is rich.
You THINK we landed on the moon... so you are no sure.
But those who THINK that we didnt are full of BS. Why? Because they are not sure?
Then, are you not actually saying that what you think is also BS?

Who knows one day when a private enterprise can go to the moon and settle this once and for all.

Yes, or a private excelsior.

vs

Even if some of his theories are credible; which I doubt by his approach and tone I will never know.
I won't know because I can not give myself the lobotomy required to listen to his whining.

So you say you cant watch his videos, you say he might have credible theories, yet you
say the videos you have seen are hot air?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
You don't really need a medical degree to know something is seriously wrong with JW. Let's just scratch the surface a little:
1) Caught lying several times.
2) Using experiments that are at best incomplete and questionable to argue his case. Such as the boot print, photographic shadows and the famous static electricity on a balloon.
3) Has gone on several insulting and raging rants against people who exposed him.
4) Is now collecting money.

I'm not a shrink. If we have one on the board I would absolutely love to hear what kind of diagnosis would this kind of person get? I honestly don't think he is as stupid as the evidence suggest. It could be that or it is some kind of sick need for attention. Like a chronic troll. He really should seek professional help. It might be indication of something more serious brewing underneath.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

reply to post by weedwhacker

I know I was being very generous.
Mostly I felt like being generous in an effort to persuade those who believe him, or dissuade people who might view his material who have yet to view it.

By approaching the issue giving him the benefit of the doubt, and then stating why I won't watch it I felt that a better way to convince people.
If I came straight out and called him crazy, or insulted him other than how I see his tone people might straight out ignore me as a troll, or hater.

Pure psychobabble is the refuge of NASA cheerleaders and the CIA. Let us know when your video series is out debunking Jarrah White point by point. We'll be waiting... a long time.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

And yet you said you couldn't stand JW's whining so you didn't watch them..
Strange that you have an opinion on something you haven't watched..
Makes me wonder why you are even posting in this thread..

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

1) Caught lying several times.

Lying or making mistakes?

2) Using experiments that are at best incomplete and questionable to argue his case. Such as the boot print, photographic shadows and the famous static electricity on a balloon.

I saw the moot print one but haven't seen where it's debunked here..
What was wrong with it?
BTW, I've seen the same balloon trick used on a NASA site to explain charges on the moon..
Are the NASA scientists crazy also??

3) Has gone on several insulting and raging rants against people who exposed him.

I've seen him called many names, even on this site so I can hardly blame him for talking back..

4) Is now collecting money.

Isn't everyone nowadays..??
Including as I mentioned, President Obama??

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Happy Birthday Jarrah

As some of you know, last night (April 14th) was my birthday. I want to say thanks to all my many friends and subscribers who sent me their kind regards on Youtube, Facebook, DeviantArt and elsewhere on the internet.

Looks like JW is sporting a new look...

Now back to business...

Desperate to pwn his opponents, Astrobrant2 has again demonstrated his blundering ignorance of both the facts and his opponent's position whilst responding to my earlier bootprints experiment.

He also claims he is trying to get his libelous videos restored to Youtube having filed DMCA counter-notifications. Yet I have never received any counter-notifications from him.

MoonFaker: Project Sandbox
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

MoonFaker: Footprint On The Moon Set, Ralph Rene Was Correct!
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Now Im very curious what Apollo defenders think about Astrobrant2 verbally insulting JW.
Can he not defend NASA without denigrating his opponent?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Now Im very curious what Apollo defenders think about Astrobrant2 verbally insulting JW.
Can he not defend NASA without denigrating his opponent?

While I agree with Astrobrant2's opinion that Apollo was real, I don't care for his delivery and think he should clean up the insults.

That being said, Jarrah has insulted far more people than Astrobrant2 ever has. How many times has Jarrah been banned or had his posts deleted for being offensive and making personal attacks? Plenty. Jarrah is a complete hypocrite in that regard. He made blatant personal attacks towards Jay Windley, Phil Plait, accused NASA of lying and murdering and insulted Buzz Alrin by asking him if he was a liar. All the while never producing a single shred of concrete proof. There's a reason that no scientists or astrophysicists support his claims.

So much for Jarrah being a self-described "man of great integrity."

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Facefirst

You mean the Phil Plait that made a video saying "Bring it on" and then cowered away??
That was pathetic...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

You mean the Phil Plait that made a video saying "Bring it on" and then cowered away??
That was pathetic...

Plait was referring to sane people who are actually qualified to debate said subjects. Why would someone who has worked their ass off for a PHD would want to debate someone with no qualifications whatsoever? A huge waste of time.

Other people at the same event even wrote about how creepy White was. Total strangers were creeped out by Jarrah's behavior. That says a lot.

The more I read up on Asperger's syndrome, the more it sounds like Jarrah.

The boy needs help, not an audience.

I watched the 40th anniversary of Apollo press conference the other day and I really have a hard time believing these men are liars. Why would someone in their 80s feel the need to keep perpetuating an alleged lie? It makes absolutely no sense. None.
www.youtube.com...

Again, Jarrah can't produce a single piece of concrete evidence nor produce ONE single scientist or astrophysicist that supports his claims. That speaks volumes.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Plait was referring to sane people who are actually qualified to debate said subjects.

Come on, Plait has spent a lot of time debunking JW..
Surely he would like to do that face to face where he could ask the hard questions or even catch JW out ranting as you say he does so often..

IMO it was a cop out..Plain and simple...
I watched the vid..Plait looked worried and kept fobbing him off like a scared cat..

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Plait was referring to sane people who are actually qualified to debate said subjects.

Come on, Plait has spent a lot of time debunking JW..
Surely he would like to do that face to face where he could ask the hard questions or even catch JW out ranting as you say he does so often..

IMO it was a cop out..Plain and simple...
I watched the vid..Plait looked worried and kept fobbing him off like a scared cat..

Plait looked about as worried as anyone does when confronted by a crazy person.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

lol, whatever mate..
I'll agree to disagree with you and move along..

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

VERY interesting observation.....I know nothing of the affliction, but will begin to look into it, and learn:

The more I read up on Asperger's syndrome, the more it sounds like Jarrah.

From my experience with friends and acquaintances in the medical profession (doctors and pilots tend to travel in similar circles, oddly...it's an income-bracket thing, sometimes) I have picked up enough to know that no MD worth his/her salt will diagnose merely from a phone call, or just an online video.....but, I suppose it may be conceivable that, with enough examples, a preliminary determination could be made, by those qualified.

Truly interesting to consider.....would explain A LOT!!!

(AND.....would tend to temper my earlier criticisms....I mean, if the bloke truly has a mental illness/handicap, it is not appropriate to ridicule......).

edit on 15 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

lol, whatever mate..
I'll agree to disagree with you and move along..

Whatever as well.

Show me a single credentialed scientist or astrophysicist that backs Jarrah's claims.

If it was all a big lie, don't you think even one, just one, single scientist would back him?

Nope, not one in THE ENTIRE WORLD.

Jarrah has even show himself incapable of basic math never mind astrophysics.

peace.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Whatever as well.
Show me a single credentialed scientist or astrophysicist that backs Jarrah's claims.
If it was all a big lie, don't you think even one, just one, single scientist would back him?
Nope, not one in THE ENTIRE WORLD.
Jarrah has even show himself incapable of basic math never mind astrophysics.

Not sure where this came from..
I was discussing Plait being scared to face JW one on one, though he's more than happy to ridicule him from the safety of a youtube clip..

I'll look into the scientist/astrophysicist bit...

But you do know the definition of a scientist does NOT mention credentials or any pieces of paper right??

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst

That was pathetic...

Plait was referring to sane people who are actually qualified to debate said subjects. Why would someone who has worked their ass off for a PHD would want to debate someone with no qualifications whatsoever? A huge waste of time.

Penn Jillette moderating Phil Plait and Joe Rogan (who has no qualifications). They really enjoyed the conversation no matter what claims and counter-claims were made. Please listen and learn.

Jillette is a great moderator. Plait is genuinely funny. Joe does a brilliant job of representing the 'regular joe' which is people like myself. This lengthy podcast highlights and summarizes many of the outstanding top questions related to Apollo conspiracy theories.

Joe Rogan and Jarrah White think alike. I consider this podcast to be a highlight of Apollo conspiracy lore. I kinda wish this thread could maintain the same level of discipline and decorum.

top topics

<< 422  423  424    426  427  428 >>

join