It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
It's called slow motion... many of the videos appear to have been slowed.
You can even see in some places where they switch to it .. I'll try and find a few.

Originally posted by jra
For the simple fact that it's impossible to fake 1/6th gravity and the vacuum of space on Earth.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by ppk55]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

It was a pretty straight-forward question.

Do you believe it is easier to travel to the moon and film a lunar EVA than it is to film the 'lunar' EVA here on Earth?

Yes or No. Pick one if you are able.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Ahhhh Kubrick.
"Would you like a cup of coffee Dr Floyd?" And --- Cut!

Exuberant:
The answer to that question is: "With or without parabolic dust?"

Also: No. You can't make a feather fall down horizontaly with slow motion.
Or that one:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by debunky

Are you saying you believe it is easier to travel to the moon and film a lunar EVA than it is to film the 'lunar' EVA here on Earth?

Yes, it would be.

If you believe otherwise, show us some video footage of any vehicle throwing up parabolas of dust as in the lunar rover videos. Should be easy, and we know how much you love to back up what you claim, with real evidence.

Here's a fairly low-res example:
www.hq.nasa.gov...

Watch it really carefully, over and over if you like. By all means try different speeds if you think that will help. Note what the regolith does, esp. at the start. Tell us what type of earthly 'dirt' would behave like that, and show us a video of similar effects...

jra

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ppk55
You can even see in some places where they switch to it

Slow motion doesn't solve the problem. There are many times when you speed up the footage the supposed "normal" speed where things don't look right at all.

Also you should check out an analysis of this Apollo 14 video

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ppk55
You can even see in some places where they switch to it .. I'll try and find a few.

Originally posted by jra
For the simple fact that it's impossible to fake 1/6th gravity and the vacuum of space on Earth.

You DO that, ppk55. And show your calculations, and be ready to back up your claims. Also be aware of the trap awaiting you in regard to whether you are seeing true speed footage. Do you understand why it may not be? And in regard to the slow motion idea, don't forget the audio synching issue... and there are a few other traps you are likely to sink into.

So seriously, I strongly suggest you do some decent research before coming back. I'll even give you a hint, there's this number, and it's roughly 2.46...

If you don't know what all that 'stuff' means, be ready for what follows...

As was said earlier, this thread is now turning into a reference work that shows:

- the deplorable lack of scientific understanding and research skills of the apollo deniers

- that every single Apollo hoax claim has been debunked. EVERY one.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHRLZ

If you believe otherwise, show us some video footage of any vehicle throwing up parabolas of dust as in the lunar rover videos. Should be easy, and we know how much you love to back up what you claim, with real evidence.

Here's a fairly low-res example:
www.hq.nasa.gov...

Watch it really carefully, over and over if you like. By all means try different speeds if you think that will help. Note what the regolith does, esp. at the start. Tell us what type of earthly 'dirt' would behave like that, and show us a video of similar effects...

there is a 720p version avaliable here:

Amazing quality footage. It's beautiful!

We explained and debunked all the claims of these moon hoax believers. But can they explain the parabolic dust??? oh yeah they'll claim that Nasa did this on a huuuuuuge vacuum film studio.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by hateeternal]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHRLZ

reply to post by debunky

Are you saying you believe it is easier to travel to the moon and film a lunar EVA than it is to film the 'lunar' EVA here on Earth?

Yes, it would be.

So you actually believe that going to the moon is easier than filming a convincing moonwalk here on earth?

Because that is what you are saying.

And you are also saying that the Nation who went to the moon could not even film a convincing moonwalk scene here on earth.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Clearly you are not convinced by all the evidence, therefore it would be infinitely easier to go to the Moon than to film anything that would convince you here on Earth.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This one here is one of the most fascinating clips from the EVA's.
Taken from Apollo 16's EVA 3...the house rock.

this can also be seen on the previous 720p version i just posted, but that one is not complete.

This is another one I'd like to see debunked by the hoaxtards.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

So you actually believe that going to the moon is easier than filming a convincing moonwalk here on earth?

Because that is what you are saying.

And you are also saying that the Nation who went to the moon could not even film a convincing moonwalk scene here on earth.

Without a doubt. We still have yet to construct a vacuum chamber that would allow convincing video. And CGI wouldn't yield the effects we see even now.

Perhaps you can walk us through exactly how the hoax would have been perpetrated?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Anyone else believe that going to the moon is easier than filming a convincing moonwalk here on earth?

Keep in mind answering 'yes' means you are saying that the Nation who went to the moon could not even film a convincing moonwalk scene here on earth.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Yes, people have consistently been saying that. Please furnish an example of a convincing film that you know was made on Earth, and explain how it was made and, most importantly, why it is more convincing than the Apollo footage. Otherwise you're just being silly.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Anyone else believe that going to the moon is easier than filming a convincing moonwalk here on earth?

Keep in mind answering 'yes' means you are saying that the Nation who went to the moon could not even film a convincing moonwalk scene here on earth.

Yes, given all that we know, it would be easier to land on the moon than convincingly fake it (the fake includes all the photography, video, 16mm film, rocks and soil samples, remotely placing the reflector, remotely setting up the other experiments, and faking the signals that were tracked by hundreds of groups around the world.)

Now please give us how you believe the hoax was pulled off. Please be specific. I will have many questions.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Tomblvd

Don't answer twice.

It is unnecessary. I already know what you believe.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

do you ever say anything relevant???

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Tomblvd

Don't answer twice.

It is unnecessary. I already know what you believe.

Then don't ask twice.

I still await your explanation of how the hoax was pulled off.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Sigh...
Yes, Exuberant
Even the US is incapable of such a simple task as reducing gravity by 5/6th on a film set.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Ok, like the OP said- I thought this was a dead debate too? My brother is an avid believer in the moon hoax- but isn't a "conspiracy theorist" like I am I guess and I don't believe this bull #.

I'm not sure what information is credible and what isn't- but I'm reading "Dark NASA" by Richard Hoagland and he said that before the 1st astronauts on the moon even made it back to Earth he was already hearing that NASA had faked the moon landing 2 days prioir at area 51. He indicated he thought that this was an early attempt to get disinformation out there so when the larger issue of aliens came up- there was already controversy about whether or not we even set foot on the moon.

I honestly don't know what to believe. The case for a hoax seems pretty solid, but it never made sense to me. Where did the space ships go after they were obviously sent into space? If it just circled the Earth, wouldn't it have been visible to at least someone (with a telescope at the VERY least) while it was in orbit?

It's hard to NOT find conspiracy in everyone the government does- but given all the recordings of astronauts saying weird things about aliens and #- doesn't it seem like they have gone? Why would they just add more things to cover up if it was unnecessary?

IT. DOES. NOT. MAKE. SENSE. You must acquit

[edit on 7-5-2010 by maximumpower]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by maximumpower

what do you mean by space ships???

the launch vehicles or the apollo spacecrafts??

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join