It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

page: 301
<< 298  299  300    302  303  304 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Note: I am not taking advantage of my position at the top of this page because I have reason to believe that my worthy opponent, FoosM, being Australian, may be suffering due to recent flooding. My best wishes for him. We will resume when the playing field is more level.

Fortunately I have not been affected by floods because I don't live in Australia. But thank you for your concern nonetheless

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

J.W. exposing Phil Plait as a coward.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
First time I heard about this

Anybody have a logical explanation?

Question NASA radio signal, During the Apollo 11 mission strange radio signals where heard that did not come from ground control nor Apollo 11. The only logical explanation is that there must be a third party involved. In Morocco was a secret base that could had bin involved in this mysterious third radio signal?
See: Question NASA Kenitra and Sidi Yahya

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
If NASA is not guilt of faking Apollo or parts of Apollo,
why then tamper with the film & photography?
I cant be good for science.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Seriously???

Did you actually watch that same video? AND, you used it here because.........why, exactly??

(And, it relates to "Jarrah White" in what way??)

There is no "point" to it, it proves nothing, and is exceedingly silly, that bit about the "missing spotlight" crap....

On a whole, the junk posted by the YouTube user "AwE130" is laughable, it is appallingly idiotic, and childishly contrived.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by FoosM

Seriously???

Did you actually watch that same video? AND, you used it here because.........why, exactly??

(And, it relates to "Jarrah White" in what way??)

There is no "point" to it, it proves nothing, and is exceedingly silly, that bit about the "missing spotlight" crap....

On a whole, the junk posted by the YouTube user "AwE130" is laughable, it is appallingly idiotic, and childishly contrived.

Any chance of an actual fact entering your post, rather than just rants.??
It does nothing to show me or other members WHY you say what you say...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM
Just quoted for posterity.

Not that I don't make my share of typos.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

"Facts"??
Haven't you been reading this thread??? Not keeping score?

Facts and member FoosM = ZERO

This latest round of off-topic youtube droppings is clearly the same M.O. as seen previously, on multiple occasions. ONE video, the top one on this latest ranting-by-YouTube "contribution" is at least including "Jarrah", and is made by him....so it's tangentially on topic. AND, is totally meritless, as an "argument", in any event.

Once again, though....I held off until the "AwE130" YouTube post. Did you bother to even watch it??

IT TOO is worthless, absent any substance, and certainly has NO BEARING on the thead title....now, does it?

(Unless "Jarrah White" is secretely, also "AwE130"???)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

If NASA is not guilt of faking Apollo or parts of Apollo,
why then tamper with the film & photography?
Where did this YouTube User get his footage? Where did he get the NASA footage exactly? We don't know how the NASA footage was presented where he got it. A lot of the film and video has gone through restoration. By adjusting the brightness and contrast, more detail can be made visible to the human eye (the detail is there already there on the film, it's just not distinguishable to the eye). And the stabilization process necessarily requires cropping the picture or adding distracting black margins.

But as I said, if NASA is presenting this footage as restored, people will know it has been modified. I bet NASA has both the original and restored versions available somewhere.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Rather than ask questions that have most probably already been addressed in detail in this thread,
does anyone know roughly where photos taken by the astronauts is discussed.??

I've been through quite a few and they interest me...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor

Just quoted for posterity.

Not that I don't make my share of typos.

lol, I noticed that mistake and wondered if anyone would pickup on it..
star for attention to detail..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Rather than ask questions that have most probably already been addressed in detail in this thread,
does anyone know roughly where photos taken by the astronauts is discussed.??

I've been through quite a few and they interest me...

Apollo Hoax Forum

Just be polite and you will have your questions answered in mind-numbing detail.

You can also try Bad Astronomy, although it seems to be down right now. They are also a bit anal-retentive about following the T&C.

And there is also a specific photo thread over at the David Icke forum. That place can get rather tough though.

Otherwise, just start a new thread here. (and let us know)
edit on 7-1-2011 by Tomblvd because: added last sentence.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomblvd

Just be polite and you will have your questions answered in mind-numbing detail.

I'm always polite when spoken to in the same manner.

I looked at many of the pics in the link you sent me..
A lot of the shots seem to show the astronauts shadow off centre..
It appears they are taking the pic so why is that so?
Are the pics cropped?

Also I see a few pics where the astronauts shadow appears straight while shadows of other object appear at an angle...

Just seems off..But it's hard to tell the lay of the land in some pics..
Maybe mounds causing shadows like that, I don't know.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Anybody have a logical explanation?

Yeah, you just have to look at the transcripts:

153:53:12 SC: [Shrieking noises then some laughter.]
153:53:31 Duke: Apollo 11, Houston. You sure you don't have anybody else in there with you?

153:53:38 Collins: Houston, Apollo 11. Say again, please.

153:53:41 Duke: We had some strange noises coming down on the downlink, and it sounded like you had some friends up there.

153:53:55 Collins: Where - where do the White Team go during their off hours anyway?

153:53:59 Duke: Say again.

[Very long comm break.]

154:40:58 Duke: Apollo 11, Houston. Over.

154:41:05 Aldrin: Go ahead, Houston.

154:41:07 Duke: Roger. Would you ver - We've lost comm with you for about the last 10 minutes. Would you verify that the S-band track switch is in Reacq? Over.

154:41:17 Aldrin: Negative. It's not. Last time we broke lock, we went to Auto, and I left it there. Sorry.

154:41:22 Duke: Rog. We'd like to - have you to put it in Reacq, and monitor. In about 2 minutes, we'll be coming up on the High Gain. Would you monitor the Reacq? If it doesn't take, acquire manually. Over.

edit on 7-1-2011 by nataylor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I looked at many of the pics in the link you sent me..
A lot of the shots seem to show the astronauts shadow off centre..
It appears they are taking the pic so why is that so?

What do you mean by "off center?" If you're facing directly north, taking a photo pointing directly north, and the sun is coming from the south-east, the shadow is going to go to the north west.

Also I see a few pics where the astronauts shadow appears straight while shadows of other object appear at an angle...
The 60mm lens they used was wide-angle for their 70mm camera. Wide-angle lenses introduce perspective distortion. Lines that look parallel with the naked eye or shot with a normal lens, will look like they converge when shot with a wide-angle lens.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
We all know Foo likes videos, but he doesn't seem to like this one much.
I wonder why.

Through the magic of mathematics, information is gathered from multiple photos over time. The images are run through various algorithms that aggregate data from each to form an improved image.
Get the details here:
www.hq.nasa.gov...

Now I want to know why this isn't enough to disprove your hoax conspiracy nonsense.
Not that it really matters, but your answers are always entertaining.
What is your reasoning on this?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

This is what I'm trying to say..
This pic looks fine..The astronauts shadow is central as expected.

This one his shadow is off to the left..

Note these pics are sequential..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Smack

Smack...We all know that video is enhanced to the extreme..
Not really valid as evidence...
And I'm not even screaming hoax..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

That was part of a pan sequence. The astronaut was standing in one location and just twists at the hips. Try it outside in the sun yourself. When you turn to the right or left, your shadow will be off center from your field of view.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

And this pic..

The astronauts shadow is over to the right but appears reasonably straight..

The dish on the left is casting a shadow right..
The flag on the right is casting a shadow left..

<< 298  299  300    302  303  304 >>

join