It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

Dear me such an ego, people respond to things they consider are false, they would respond to anyone. However i notice you are the one who failed to respond to the arguments made, instead attempting to make people angry no doubt in the hopes of getting them in trouble.

You are struggling to cope and trying to make it seem like you have won, but you're as see through as glass, as are your arguments and people here have easily shown that to be true.

Oh and i can't speak for anyone else here, but it takes a little mroe than an internet debate to make someone my enemy lol.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
What is truly sad....does anyone know yet?

This thread, in only the last two days, has gone on for a bunch of pages...one, two....

I didn't need to read all of the posts...because I can guess the content, of most. "New" people, coming along, reading this for "the first time", or whatever...but jumping on this bandwagon, because it seems to be the ... gee, what is the proper word, nowadays? "Hip" is outdated, as is "cool", I suppose....

"VIRAL" is the best description, and maybe will resonate with the generation that is most prevalent in this "belief".

And, most disheartening of all, is the "FLAG" count! I am astonished, and dismayed....not that the "FLAGS" matter in the slightest, but it's the concept that is dismaying.....

WHAT has happened to ATS??

Sorry, that needed to be asked, and is not meant to distract from THIS thread, but is still a general query, and a problem that is pervasive throughout the Internet.

STUPIDITY!!! Not in the pejorative sense, ( of course...
) but in the sense that, at the core of ATS, has been for many years the motto, we all know what it is. The denial of ignorance IS a vaunted goal, yet it seems to be failing in its endeavor.

THIS thread (and SO many like it) is proof positive of that failure.

IGNORANCE is taking over....and whether it is a trolling maneuver, with [snickering] behind the keyboard isn't the point, because those who may not RECOGNIZE such tactics will, in the main, take away what they read at face value, sometimes.

AND, that is truly, truly sad.

Because....as the "VIRAL" comment above noted, these things will be read, and will sometimes be repeated, by those who stumble along, read a thread like this, and come away with the worst possible impression --- a FALSE impression, and then they may leave thinking they have been "educated", but in fact they have been mislead. Worse, they have been infected....YES, I said infected with the virus of STUPIDITY!

Is the entire post, above, a "rant"? I suppose so. I also happen to believe, and firmly think, it needed to be said. If for no other reason than to interrupt this nonsense, and (hopefully) plead for some sanity to take over.

SANITY, in the terms of going out, doing yourselves a favor, and LEARNING! Go outside, OFF the Internet, for a while. There are great sources of learning besides the Web.

I am passionate about these topics, because it pains me to see such drivel being spread, via the Internet. And, I'm not som "old dude" raving about technology --- I embrace technology, I welcome it. WHEN it is used properly.

Thanks for letting me vent, a little. I earnestly wish it gets through to some who happen to read it......

[edit on 2 May 2010 by weedwhacker]

I'm afraid I have to agree with most of what you have said about this thread Weed. But you can't put the doubting on the youngun's per se. I used to have a female colleague in the civil service going back thirty years or more who, unlike me, had the same idea that the Moon landings never happened, but who never really said why, other than it was her conviction on the subject.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Your reply is loaded with ad hominem attacks mate, you've tried to veil it with supposed genuine questioning but have failed miserably.

Clearly you haven't bothered looking into what I've been saying, instead you've just concentrated on baiting me into silly arguments about why NASA couldn't or didn't send robotic probes instead of humans.

So let's bring this back to the facts.

NASA collected 382 kilograms compared to Russia's 326 grams.

Three unmanned probes were able to collect 326 grams of soil samples, that is roughly an average of 108 grams per mission.

So going by the argument that NASA could have easily sent probes to collect these samples, they would of had to send (roughly off the top of my head) 3500 individual unmanned missions of similar size to the Luna missions to the moon.

Then there are the rocks, most of which weigh more then the combined weight collected by the three Luna missions.

The logistics and costs of sending 3500 missions to moon would be astronomical!

Even 1000 missions is ludicrous.

So we're left with two ways on how NASA came about 382 kgs of moon rock.

1. They did actually collect these samples whilst on the moon.

2. The 382kgs is actually earth based and all of the peer reviewed papers and analysis's carried out by scientists all over the world (including Russia) have been faked.

You then have to factor the 48kgs of lunar meteorites found all over the world, these too show the same characteristics as the Apollo rocks.

Can you see why this is a huge thorn in the side of the moon hoaxer fans?

Just to throw a few more thorns in, I'll leave you with a couple of research papers for your perusal:

ntrs.nasa.gov...

www.lpi.usra.edu...

[edit on 2/5/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The Parallelogram

Twelve pages ago, I asked the people that believe that we never went to the moon a question: why couldn't we have done so? What prevents us from achieving this using the technology at our disposal?

Good point. And furthermore why would they spend billions on a Saturn V rocket and all the technology necessary to get to the moon if they were going to launch it into space empty and shoot on a lot somewhere? Or do the hoax proponents think there was never such a thing as a Saturn V? Why waste all that cash if they were planning to hoax it all along?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

What's truly tragic is that this guy is probably making good money with the help of these people. Apparently all you need to do is rehash the old issues, make snappy vids and spam few forums. I wish I would've thought that before this guy

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
reply to post by weedwhacker

What's truly tragic is that this guy is probably making good money with the help of these people. Apparently all you need to do is rehash the old issues, make snappy vids and spam few forums. I wish I would've thought that before this guy

I thought that but the amount of views he has is rather low, around 1.5 million divided over more than 300 videos. I doubt he has made very much. If those views had been for each video then it would be another story.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Over 1million views is quite well if he has a steady flow of people watching them. As far as I know it's not that bad for 300 vids.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I did not realize one could make MONEY from posting videos on YouTube?

Sorry if this seems off-topic, (and if it seems naive) but....I was under the impression that YouTube was the profiteer.....not the 'users'.

Did I miss something?

(Can I somehow profit from the gullibility of the sheep, by making up and posting a sufficeintly compelling bogus "explanation" of any old thing I wish???)

Wow! I could be wealthy beyond all dreams of avarice! (sarcasm)....

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think it's called google partners program or something. You basically get a tiny amount from the advertising.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Sorry if this seems off-topic, (and if it seems naive) but....I was under the impression that YouTube was the profiteer.....not the 'users'.

Did I miss something?

(Can I somehow profit from the gullibility of the sheep, by making up and posting a sufficeintly compelling bogus "explanation" of any old thing I wish???)

Wow! I could be wealthy beyond all dreams of avarice! (sarcasm)....

You beat me to this Weedwacker and no you did not miss anything You tube is the profiteer not the user

Trolls anyone

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ocker

edition.cnn.com... This guy has gotten "low six figures." from a video that has 54 million views. It's not a fortune but if this guy makes even a 1000$ from this then it's truly a shame.

[edit on 2/5/2010 by PsykoOps]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by The Parallelogram

Twelve pages ago, I asked the people that believe that we never went to the moon a question: why couldn't we have done so? What prevents us from achieving this using the technology at our disposal?

Good point. And furthermore why would they spend billions on a Saturn V rocket and all the technology necessary to get to the moon if they were going to launch it into space empty and shoot on a lot somewhere? Or do the hoax proponents think there was never such a thing as a Saturn V? Why waste all that cash if they were planning to hoax it all along?

Good to see that you watched the videos before commenting

Also I would be Glad to hear your thoughts on exhibit D part one through to 4 for starters

And give us your thoughts the LRO at 50km part one and two videos
thanks.

Also I have answered The Parallelogram s Question if you bother to read posts

I do believe we went to the Moon . The problem lies with NASA's doctored images and flawed video from some of its so called Apollo missions that do not fit in with official time lines and natural occurrences.

Comment on what the Op has presented instead of already known facts would maybe help your cause a little more.

thanks

Ocker

[edit on 2/5/2010 by ocker]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ocker

I had you figured incorrectly, "ocker".

Apologies...or maybe it can be attributed to the lack of nuance of the Internet, and this method of communication (since, and THIS deserves an entire thread of its own...we HUMANS weren't meant, by evolution, to converse in this manner...)

But, setting that aside...

Originally posted by ocker
I do believe we went to the Moon . The problem lies with NASA's doctored images and flawed video from some of its so called Apollo missions that do not fit in with official time lines and natural occurrences.

I'm glad you and I agree on the reality of Apollo, and the lunar missions. THAT evidence is compelling, and undeniable.

However....am puzzled as to the comment. Care to elaborate?

(Oh...and, if it is what I think it is on about, well....IF it is the Apollo 12 "stand-up-EVA" incident, then...I agree that, on what I've seen, that little event may have been "covered up", for its day. However, since Alan Bean is still living, I suggest we ASK him, before he dies, in order to ascertain what really happened. BUT, of course, you may have something else on your mind, in which case, you may explain....).

[edit on 2 May 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ocker

You beat me to this Weedwacker and no you did not miss anything You tube is the profiteer not the user

Trolls anyone

I'm not trolling at all, you can make money from youtube and some people do. You can gain money by views of your videos if you have videos with enough views (read over a couple hundred thousand views per video).

So no, not trolling, just stating fact. I also stated that the guy doesn't have enough views to make money so again, how was that trolling?

Deny ignorance instead of just calling troll

[edit on 2-5-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Is it that many per video? You'd think that the channel views could be taken into account too. Even 0.001$ per view would be good money considering that this guy really isn't doing anything.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

reply to post by ocker

edition.cnn.com... This guy has gotten "low six figures." from a video that has 54 million views. It's not a fortune but if this guy makes even a 1000$ from this then it's truly a shame.

[edit on 2/5/2010 by PsykoOps]

Hi PsykoOps

Jarrah White has bought up some interesting issues and is also aided with the help of professionals to confirm some his beliefs.

I think he is on a crusade for his findings and others to get noticed, so far his motive does not seem for profit.

Thanks

Ocker

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Is it that many per video? You'd think that the channel views could be taken into account too. Even 0.001$ per view would be good money considering that this guy really isn't doing anything.

I don't think this guy would qualify for the revenue sharing program. Those with audiences around 8,000 tend to get somewhere. Youtube recently extended the program for individual videos that go viral but none of his seem to have done that.

Did I miss something?

Yes you missed a great deal, the revenue sharing program is well known and as i stated after i looked at his figures i doubt he would gain any money.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ocker

I take it back....you have been taken in, despite my earlier hopes...

Jarrah White has bought up some interesting issues...

No.

"Jarrah White" has done nothing but put some 'glitz' and 'glamour' (and that's being charitable) on some dodgy internet videos.

He is a shyster, and not very knowledgable, AT ALL, of the sciences, else he wouldn't be making such a fool.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus23

I get the feeling that more people will leave this thread with questions than answers.

Only about your sanity and motives.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join