It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

page: 213
<< 210  211  212    214  215  216 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Talents like yours will soon be needed to justify another war with Iran, or to defend additional bankster bailouts or perhaps explain why we have a worthless dollar and collapsed economy.

Is it impossible for you hoax advocates to stay on topic???
What does the Apollo mission have to do with Iran, Bankster bailouts or the collapse of the economy?

I'll give you a hint, nothing.

Sheesh :shk:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
Why are the professional government debunkers in a full-court press over a 40 year-old hoax, desperately trying to defend the indefensible? I guess they don't realize that truth should be able to stand on it's own without requiring a defense.

What '"truth"? That gold really does tarnish? And the Jews don't want us to know it, or it will cause the bottom to fall out of the precious metals market?

Idiot.

Why do these official story defenders casually ignore 13,000 original videotapes of every Apollo mission that was supposedly "lost" by NASA? Has anyone ever heard anything so ridiculous?

Weed, I think it's time for you to move on to better assignments besides vigorously defending the Apollo Moon Hoax, false-flag terrorism and endless genocidal wars by the U.S. government.

Talents like yours will soon be needed to justify another war with Iran, or to defend additional bankster bailouts or perhaps explain why we have a worthless dollar and collapsed economy.

Shorter GF:

"Qucik! Look over there!"

You made a complete ass of yourself, and trying to change the subject isn't going to help.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Why do these official story defenders casually ignore 13,000 original videotapes of every Apollo mission that was supposedly "lost" by NASA? Has anyone ever heard anything so ridiculous?

Reading comprehension problems?

You italicised "every"....but, thatisn't really the case, is it? Nevermind...you linked to a FOUR-YEAR-OLD article! That you only seemed ot have read the headlines, not the full context.

(oh..."official story"??? Uh huh. Sure. It is a sad, but true...errm, "truism"....that certain individuals, once prone to believing in ANY "conspiracy", no matter how flimsy the evidence, will gravitate towards others. It seems inevitable, and doesn't reflect well on such a person's grasp of reality...)

Hey, it isn't just me who thinks this --- it is a general consensus, arrived at by other rational people, too:

..... First, conspiracy theories about the Moon landings aren’t based on facts. If they were, the hoax idea would have dried up and blown away 30 years ago. They have no facts. All they have is a zealous fervor and a gross misunderstanding of reality. Finding the tapes won’t help; you could fly a conspiracy theorist to the Moon and show them the equipment lying on the desolate surface, and they’d accuse you of drugging them....

Second........ I’ve talked with dozens of people at NASA about the Hoax theory, and it’s hardly something that’s critical to them. They all regard it as an irritant, like a tiny pebble in your shoe or a pesky fold in your underwear you can only feel when you sit a certain way. Ignorable, but irksome when you’re reminded about it.....

And third, what the article author forgets is that, to a conspiracy nut, everything in the whole Universe is part of the conspiracy. So the fact that the tapes were missing is evidence of a coverup, and NASA finding the tapes is due to the massive pressure of the hoax community, and if the tapes aren’t exactly as promised that’s because NASA has doctored them, and if they are pristine and perfect then you can look just there and see the wires holding up the astroNOTS, and you still can’t see stars in the footage, and and and.....

(Obviously, that last bit, there, is MOCKING the "hoax" believers, in general. For, they are SO easy to make fun of....)

Apollo 11 video tapes "found" article, from 2009!! (Hint: They weren't "lost"....they had been sent to a storage facilityin Mayland, and were there the whole time, it was the record-keeping that was the problem...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just took another look, and decided that the "discoverblog" link wasn't, perhaps, sufficient as a source, since it consists of a bit of opinion. Inside that blog is the link to the UK Express newspaper, Sunday edition from June 28 2009. Unless someone wishes to clailm that the UK Express newspaper isn't a valid source???

Oh, and the tapes (this brings back a memory of an OLD ATS thread on it, I know it's out there somewhere) happened to be in Perth...they were THOUGHT to have been shipped to Maryland, back in the day, for storage there. Clerical errors, miscommunications. I think people dropped the balls, but they had BIGGER things on their minds at the time...like Apoll 12, 13, 14, etc....

edit on 6 October 2010 by weedwhacker because: Link

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

More garbage from another HB... I'd still be fascinated to hear your ideas for the complete overhaul and redesign of spacecraft, seeing as you're obviously so knowledgeable on the matter, perhaps you could pen down a few ideas and send them to ESA. Or are you too busy with your bong and finger symbols to bestow us with your superior knowledge and experience? You strike me as the wild eyed 'Government's watching me man' type.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Reading comprehension problems?

You italicised "every"....but, thatisn't really the case, is it? Nevermind...you linked to a FOUR-YEAR-OLD article! That you only seemed ot have read the headlines, not the full context.

Heck weed, count me in on that one. I missed the "every" too. I just read his babbling about "lost tapes, blah, blah....", knowing they'd already been "found", and I missed his other error.

He's on quite a roll....

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hey Foos. We're still waiting for you to explain how they pulled off the Apollo 12 Hoax.....

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

You mean besides the laughably crinkled-up papier mache exterior, warped LM upper walls and the shiny gold duct tape that isn't even tarnished or dusty after a 250,000 mile journey?

I have to laugh out loud since you have no idea what tarnish means!

Tarnish

Tarnish is a thin layer that forms over copper, brass, silver, aluminum, and other semi-reactive metals as their outermost layer undergoes a chemical reaction. Tarnish is mainly caused by chemicals in the air, such as sulfur dioxide. It often appears as a usually dull, gray or black film or coat over metal. Tarnish is a surface phenomenon, that is self limiting unlike rust. Only the top few layers of the metal react, and the layer of tarnish seals and protects the underlying layers from reacting.

I suggest reading up on chemical reactions that REQUIRE AN ATMOSPHERE to happen!!!

Man the superior intellects we have in this thread my my my how sad indeed! :shk:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It's a shame golden fleece can't keep up with the latest developments, like what's happening today on the 6th October...

FULLY RESTORED FOOTAGE OF the historic Apollo 11 moonwalk will be shown for the first time publicly at the 2010 Australian Geographic Society Awards in Sydney on 6 October, where former astronaut Buzz Aldrin will be the guest of honour.

The video highlights of the three-hour moonwalk include a clearer picture of Neil Armstrong's descent down the stairs of the lunar module, which was taken from the Parkes Radio Observatory and the Honeysuckle Creek tracking station outside Canberra on 21 July 1969 (Australian time).

The long-forgotten video footage was uncovered during a decade-long search for the original recordings of the moonwalk, and involved lengthy detective work and clandestine meetings, says astronomer and telescope operator John Sarkissian from the CSIRO at Parkes, who headed up the search.

Australian Geographic to screen lost Moon footage

I think it's time for the 'sad trombone sound'

However yes, sadly in line with standard policy a lot of original tapes were erased and reused. Unsurprising really, having worked for MOD Contractors in the past it's incredible how much data is destroyed either to reuse the storage medium or to simply save space. Usually no copies are kept or sometimes only poor quality 3rd generation + versions. But it's probably all a bit beyond your comprehension, so don't worry if you don't understand (just to clarify, imagine me talking in a really patronising voice).

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

You italicised "every"....but, thatisn't really the case, is it? Nevermind...you linked to a FOUR-YEAR-OLD article!

Yep, a FOUR-YEAR-OLD article about the videotapes from EVERY Apollo mission being "lost" by NASA. Do you really think 13,000 tapes were used only for Apollo 11? Let's see, at 15 minutes each, that's 3,250 hours of data. Very plausible for one mission. Just like the AP article says -- missions.

Apollo 11 video tapes "found" article, from 2009!! (Hint: They weren't "lost"....they had been sent to a storage facilityin Mayland, and were there the whole time, it was the record-keeping that was the problem...)

Do you even bother reading your pathetic uncredited Phil Plait blog entries before posting them? Do you know the meaning of HOAX?

[Update 2: According to Bob Jacobs, NASA Deputy Assistant Administrator for Public Affairs, the Sunday Express article I link to below "is a fiction". Sounds to me like I got duped, and I apologize to everyone for forwarding this story. Hopefully more info will come out soon, and I'll update as I hear it.]

[Update: folks at CollectSpace are saying this article is a hoax. I have no evidence either way, which is why I wrote this post using the "allegedly" format. Hopefully more evidence one way or another will come out soon.]

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Yep, a FOUR-YEAR-OLD article about the videotapes from EVERY Apollo mission being "lost" by NASA. Do you really think 13,000 tapes were used only for Apollo 11? Let's see, at 15 minutes each, that's 3,250 hours of data. Very plausible for one mission. Just like the AP article says -- missions.

Again we see that you comprehension of Apollo Missions is minimal at best. Do you understand how many tracks of data were produced at once by each Mission alone?

Thousands!

Plus just because they discuss TAPES, doesn't mean video now does it? The real to real data system recorded everything from PCM [Pulse Code Modulation] data streams to, the DSE [Digital Storage Equipment] while on the far side of the moon. And yes of course video feeds.

Do I need to say it again for the like 10th time in a few hours, READ!!!! READ!! READ!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

SEE the update, just above your frenzied posting....

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
It's a shame golden fleece can't keep up with the latest developments, like what's happening today on the 6th October...

Australian Geographic to screen lost Moon footage

It's a shame you didn't bother to read your own article:

Originals lost forever

"Original signals weren't HD quality TV. They weren't even broadcast quality, even by 1969 standards," he says. "They were better than what was broadcast to the world; that's why we went looking for them."

The Goldstone camera settings to convert Neil's descent down the stairs were not correct and showed an image too dark to see. So the decision was made to switch to the Honeysuckle Creek footage, and after eight minutes, to the Parkes footage, which was used for the rest of the moonwalk.

It was this clearer footage, which had not been seen since 1969, that John and his search team were hoping to recover from the NASA archives, where the tapes had been sent.

Unfortunately, they hit a roadblock. "We discovered, to our horror, that in the 1970s and 80s NASA had taken the tapes in the national archive and erased them all to record other missions."

About 250,000 tapes from the Apollo era, likely including the 45 tapes of the moonwalk, are likely lost forever, John says - "unless someone did the right thing by doing the wrong thing and took them home and put them in their garage."

Wow, NASA didn't "lose" 13,000 videotapes from "the Apollo era" -- they lost 250,000 tapes! I guess "mankind's greatest achievement" wasn't great enough to keep the original, irreplaceable videotapes.

This is a perfect example of what liars and disinfo agents the Apollo Hoax Defenders are.

edit on 10/6/2010 by GoldenFleece because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Perhaps you would like to divert your attention to the article I posted, my comments and the fact it concerns the release TODAY of higher quality footage than has ever been previously broadcast. I think it's safe to say today's events surpass either of the previous articles.
And with regards to the original tapes, my previous comments still stand - why do you have such difficulty understanding the simple fact they were reused and therefore wiped? Standard procedure.... especially back then, sadly.
Arguing with you is a waste of time anyway, it was already obvious but a quick scan of your other posts on the forum quickly confirmed my fears.... All I can say to you really is...

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
It's a shame you didn't bother to read your own article:

It's a shame you didn't bother reading my whole post, or did your nanny run off to make your bottle before she finished reading it for you?

However yes, sadly in line with standard policy a lot of original tapes were erased and reused. Unsurprising really, having worked for MOD Contractors in the past it's incredible how much data is destroyed either to reuse the storage medium or to simply save space. Usually no copies are kept or sometimes only poor quality 3rd generation + versions.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Wow, NASA didn't "lose" 13,000 videotapes from "the Apollo era" -- they lost 250,000 tapes!

This is a perfect example of what liars and disinfo agents the Apollo Hoax Defenders are.

Whereas if NASA had dedicated exorbitant amounts of time, space and money to storing and preserving mile after mile of recording tape, you could shrilly accuse them of wasting taxpayer's money "enshrining their lies." It must be nice to take a position that allows you to score rhetorical points irrespective of the actual facts.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

We're still waiting for more information on your expert opinion on what's wrong with the LM in the picture you posted, now that we've determined there (a) really isn't a lot of dust in cis-lunar space and (b) the conditions to tarnish metals don't exist in space and (c) GOLD DOESN"T TARNISH!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Where do you suppose all the HBs go when they disappear from these threads all at the same time?

Do they have their own clubhouse?:

"NO APOLLO BELIEVRZ ALOUD!!!"
edit on 6-10-2010 by Tomblvd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to EVERYONE

Look at the dishonesty and inaccuracies exhibited by the professional debunkers on this page alone.

In an attempt to ridicule the claim that no dust could form in a vacuum and deposit itself on the shiny LM gold foil, one of them conveniently forgets the massive amounts of dust kicked up by the LM's rocket engine or the dust sprayed by the lunar rover's tires.

To refute the claim that NASA somehow "lost" 13,000 original and irreplaceable Apollo videotapes -- including the entire Apollo 11 moon walk -- one of them posts a Phil Plait blog that starts with not one, but TWO warnings that the entire story is a hoax.

While high-fiving and childishly starring each other's posts, another debunker posts an article about the "lost" videotapes that admits:

About 250,000 tapes from the Apollo era, likely including the 45 tapes of the moonwalk, are likely lost forever, John [Sarkissian] says - "unless someone did the right thing by doing the wrong thing and took them home and put them in their garage."

Oops, I guess it wasn't 13,000 tapes -- it was 250,000 videotapes of EVERY Apollo mission!

Then, with unusual candor, another debunker admits to being a MOD (Ministry of Defense) contract worker (gee, what a surprise) and attempts to justify NASA's "losing" or "erasing" (depending on the story) EVERY original Apollo-era videotape. Yep, you heard it right -- 250,000 videotapes of "mankind's greatest achievement" have been forever lost by NASA. Really, no big deal. Happens all the time.

Anyway, thanks OP. I'm glad at least 269 ATS members aren't fooled.

edit on 10/6/2010 by GoldenFleece because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Yep, you heard it right -- 250,000 videotapes of "mankind's greatest achievement" have been forever lost by NASA.

Nope. You read it wrong. It says "about 250.000 tapes of the Apollo era." Where does it say video tapes? The Apollo era lasted for about eight years, and included many unmanned projects. Most of the tapes were probably raw telemetry, analog signals indicating fuel pressure, nozzle temperature, yaw rate, etc, etc, etc. Once the engineers plotted all the data on paper graphs, the tapes could easily be erased and re-used. As for those that had the signal that could be translated into conventional video... something tells me they'll start to turn up if the possessors can be assured that they won't face criminal prosecution.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Are you STILL trying to justify NASA "losing" thousands of invaluable and irreplaceable videotapes of the most epic events in history? Really?

This is almost as bad as the government being unable to produce a video or photo of whatever hit the Pentagon on 9/11.

Almost...

edit on 7-10-2010 by alien because: ...editted out unnecessary insult...

top topics

<< 210  211  212    214  215  216 >>

join