It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

page: 162
<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Do you really not understand? Really? After all the discussion you still don't (or won't) get it?

The concern about a manned Mars mission is not solar flares. The problem is prolonged exposure to cosmic rays. Prolonged exposure. Short term exposure is acceptable, long term exposure is not. A Mars round trip takes a year. Ignoring time in orbit and on the surface, a year of exposure to cosmic rays (even shielded) is a lot. One week is not a problem.

A 2-1/2-year trip to Mars, including six months of travel time each way, would expose an astronaut to nearly the lifetime limit of radiation allowed under NASA guidelines.

www.space.com...

And oh, looky. Same article.

Mission planners knew the Apollo astronauts would be at grave risk if a strong solar flare occurred during a mission. The short duration of each trip was a key to creating favorable odds.

"A big solar event during one of those missions could have been catastrophic," said Cary Zeitlin, a radiation expert at the National Space Biomedical Research Institute at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. "The risk was known. They gambled a bit."
Sounds familiar.

[edit on 8/10/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Face it....FoosM has learned at his master's knee (or else his master is writing his stuff for him -- same difference, I guess).

'Jarrah "White Noise" White', in one of his response videos to another YT'er, makes the statement:

"Unlike you, I have no need to quote mine..."

Words that are destined to haunt him, in the rebuttal video that clearly rakes him over the coals.

...as it PROVES his incessant quote mining!!!

FoosM's posts merely employ the same tired old tactics....and they, too are caught at it.....

~~~~~

Necessary video reprise. Only part 1, because I have a heart (search, please for the others, or just see my earlier post).

"Quote mining" fun begins at about 1:00:

The opening sequence is very, very telling, too. It is none other than the voice of Bill Kaysing --- the 'grandaddy' (?) of the Moon landing "hoax" claims --- in his own words, admitting that the entire topic, started by him, was a lie...for another nefarious purpose. ONCE he started it, though....it seemed he had no other alternative, in his mind, but to continue to perpetuate it.

Hence, the mess you see today, as it infects more and more young, impressionable and uneducated minds.... :shk:

[edit on 10 August 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

'Jarrah "White Noise" White', in one of his response videos to another YT'er, makes the statement:

Words that are destined to haunt him, in the rebuttal video that clearly rakes him over the coals.

Actually, the fact that he continually uses quotes from scientists and astronauts who all agree we went to the moon, by definiton, JW must quote mine.

I blows my mind that JW thinks he knows more than the experts, yet absolutely depends upon their clips to make his videos. That he misses these points speaks volumes.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomblvd

Oh...he dismisses ALL of the experts and experienced people....with the (unfathomable) term "propaganniss".

( I know...he's trying to say "propagandists"...so his accent and diction are a little off-putting...it's still kinda funny.
)

~~~~~~
He must be following in the "hallowed" tradition of Ralph Rene' (apparently his idol). "King" Ralph's favorite description of the experts was to refer them as various "gasbags"....

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Tomblvd

Oh...he dismisses ALL of the experts and experienced people....with the (unfathomable) term "propaganniss".

( I know...he's trying to say "propagandists"...so his accent and diction are a little off-putting...it's still kinda funny.
)

~~~~~~
He must be following in the "hallowed" tradition of Ralph Rene' (apparently his idol). "King" Ralph's favorite description of the experts was to refer them as various "gasbags"....

But that doesn't stop him from continually quoting them (in carefully edited snippets) in his videos.

Calling them propagandists and quoting them at the same time are a quirk of JWs that makes him look especially silly.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by FoosM

I believe I have given my observations on your claim that he lied on his video. What more is there to say?

Perhaps. But you still haven't addressed this one:

I invented a story about an Apollo capsule orbiting around the northern polar region. I never believed that...

letsrollforums.com...

How are we supposed to know what Jarrah really believes, and what he is just making up?

Relevance?

AFAIK I already addressed that.
I dont care about his personal conflicts and strategies he uses to debate his adversaries. I judge the content / information he provides on his videos.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by FoosM

I really cant believe that your comrades are letting you stick your neck out like that. Your going to get your head chopped-off making such statements.

Has your mind been wandering the numerous times it has been pointed out that exposure is a function of time? And that a mission to Mars lasts much longer than a sprint to the Moon?

What does that got to do with the VABs and Solar Flares?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by FoosM

Do you really not understand? Really? After all the discussion you still don't (or won't) get it?

The concern about a manned Mars mission is not solar flares. The problem is prolonged exposure to cosmic rays. Prolonged exposure. Short term exposure is acceptable, long term exposure is not. A Mars round trip takes a year. Ignoring time in orbit and on the surface, a year of exposure to cosmic rays (even shielded) is a lot. One week is not a problem.

Source.

A 2-1/2-year trip to Mars, including six months of travel time each way, would expose an astronaut to nearly the lifetime limit of radiation allowed under NASA guidelines.

www.space.com...

And oh, looky. Same article.

Mission planners knew the Apollo astronauts would be at grave risk if a strong solar flare occurred during a mission. The short duration of each trip was a key to creating favorable odds.

"A big solar event during one of those missions could have been catastrophic," said Cary Zeitlin, a radiation expert at the National Space Biomedical Research Institute at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. "The risk was known. They gambled a bit."
Sounds familiar.

[edit on 8/10/2010 by Phage]

So you just contradicted yourself.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomblvd

Actually, the fact that he continually uses quotes from scientists and astronauts who all agree we went to the moon, by definiton, JW must quote mine.

I blows my mind that JW thinks he knows more than the experts, yet absolutely depends upon their clips to make his videos. That he misses these points speaks volumes.

Its called catching people in lies and contradictions.
You dont need to "know more" to be able to do that.

Thats like those yahoos in the 80's warning about the next ice-age then the same people turn around and say global warming. When they get outed they say Climate change. Degrees dont make people honest.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM

You dont need to "know more" to be able to do that.

Example?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well.... 'Jarrah "White Noise" White's videos, his efforts, and those of his minions seems to remind me a lot of this sound.

I do hope the level of ignorance has been abated, even if it isn't 100% successful.

After all --- not everyone has the potential to learn. MOST do, fortunately.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Incredible. The depth of your lack of understanding is incredible. There is no contradiction. Cosmic rays are not the same thing as solar flares. They are different things and present different levels and types of danger.

Cosmic rays are a constant (more or less). Cosmic rays are very high energy particles, shielding is problematic but short term exposure is not a problem because the amount of radiation is low.

Solar flares are events. They happen once in a while. The particles ejected by solar flares are not nearly as energetic as cosmic rays. They can be shielded against much more effectively. Without shielding exposure to solar flares is much more dangerous because the amount of radiation is high (for a short period of time).

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM

Source.

It's common knowledge if you researched, which is what most people who are interested in a topic do. But you're not are you because you're just a shill for Jarrah.

I.e.

Current technology is adequate for a single lunar mission for casual
astronauts. Revolutionary technology needs to be developed
for human space missions to Mars for NASA’s vision.
Mars Radiation Risk Assessment and Shielding Design for
Long-Term Exposure to Ionizing Space Radiation

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bokonon2010

The point is there are sources available of all the media and they are in the process of digitising the entire collection. If anything is required which is not currently available for immediate download it's available on request.
However it is NOT being hidden away which is what some people like to imply and I don't really understand where this idea that it all should be available online RIGHT NOW in high res format comes from. These things don't just happen by magic and it's a costly, time consuming process. I wouldnt be surprised if they've halted it for now with the budget cuts, it's hardly a priority to the electorate to have it all processed, any serious researcher can get hold of the media in question and let's face it, no one actually cares what someone who thinks Apollo was a hoax thinks.
If it's not fast enough they why not drop them an email, I'm sure they will be glad of the help!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Relevance?

You just can't make this stuff up. Thanks for the laugh.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I can't believe you guys are still arguing about this. White is a liar. Game over.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
bokonon, ppk and anyone else, can you tell us which particular image/s you can't find in high resolution scans? (Mission, roll, frame please .. and frankly, if you don't know how to identify that, WTH are you doing on an Apollo thread???)

And will you apologise if we show you where they are and how easy to find?

BTW, there *are* a few that are hard to find. Let's see if you know which ones and why.

To ppk specifically, why do you think the images "should start at about 20 megabytes"?? Do you actually understand the concepts of resolution and file formats? The difference between megabytes and megapixels? Because if you did, then you wouldn't be saying something that ill-informed....

Oh, and I'm astonished that you don't know that you can get high-resolution scans of the movies as well. Just not for free, unless you are a genuine researcher (and some folks here aren't flyspots on a genuine researcher's labcoat).

Start here:
www.spacecraftfilms.com...

Or you could visit your local library and ask really nicely.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by CHRLZ]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHRLZ
bokonon, ppk and anyone else, can you tell us which particular image/s you can't find in high resolution scans? (Mission, roll, frame please .. and frankly, if you don't know how to identify that, WTH are you doing on an Apollo thread???)

And will you apologise if we show you where they are and how easy to find?

BTW, there *are* a few that are hard to find. Let's see if you know which ones and why.

To ppk specifically, why do you think the images "should start at about 20 megabytes"?? Do you actually understand the concepts of resolution and file formats? The difference between megabytes and megapixels? Because if you did, then you wouldn't be saying something that ill-informed....

Oh, and I'm astonished that you don't know that you can get high-resolution scans of the movies as well. Just not for free, unless you are a genuine researcher (and some folks here aren't flyspots on a genuine researcher's labcoat).

Start here:
www.spacecraftfilms.com...

Or you could visit your local library and ask really nicely.

Thats not the point. He said CENTRAL source.
As in, one location on the web.
Not that you have to scour the internet to find it.
Hi-res photos and videos for FREE
The public has already paid for it with their TAX DOLLARS.

And so goes the Apollo Defense Force, defend anything and everything Apollo related no matter how silly or unnecessary because Apollo has self-esteem issues.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
That would be a NO, then. hardly surprising, given the source.

Note the SAME OLD complete avoidance of the question. He doesn't want to name any images, just handwave. Throw lots of it around, hoping it will stick.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Well there you have it. Because the hoaxers are not served with chunks of information that are prechewed enough for their taste, Apollo must be a hoax. It is just outrageous they actually have to make some effort to do their research. This is the Youtube generation people, they are helpless without fully prefabbed media, and you can't expect them to read text longer than 100 words.

Threads like this really makes you lose hope in humanity, and it is not the only one
. I really am wondering if the Internet is making humanity more stupid.

top topics

<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join