It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

page: 137
<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
For better or worse, the ATS motto is "deny ignorance." Much as I would like to throw my hands up and say "these people are hurting no-one but themselves," the sad fact of the matter is that science, history and critical thinking no longer seem to be taught in the English speaking world. The moon hoaxers scientific illiteracy, historical distortions and complete lack of sound reasoning cannot stand to provide a model for those whose education was as impoverished as their own. One poster here even referred to Jarrah White leading the "good fight," as though his unceasing attacks on reason and common sense were somehow inspiring. What sort of world would we live in if people believed the rantings of some half baked kid rather than the evidence of their own eyes and experience of life?

Yah it's a sad state of affairs.. but i'm afraid it's nothing new. I used to hang out on a forum called 'LooseChange' where they had a thread called 'something funny happened on the way to the moon' where they discussed Bart Sibrel's junk movie. Of course al the 'truthers' jumped on it first, but when people started to debunk the movie and the thread became too big, it was moved to the troll ('under the bridge') section.. kindof to hide the embarassment, i guess. Ironically, it became the biggest thread on the entire site with thousands of posts.

So what we see here is just history repeating itself. Sibrel has been thoroughly debunked, and frankly is probably an embarassment even to the hoaxies. His beliefs are based on his religious convictions.. God won't allow people on the moon, therefore the landings didn't happen.. that kind of drivel. He even opens his 'Funny' movie with quotes from the bible.. go figure!

So now JW is the new kid in town. and all the hoaxies have jumped on his bandwagon. New kid, same story, same drivel being regurgitated.

Speaking of religion.. you may have noticed the similarities between religious defenders of their faith and the way the hoaxies defend their beliefs. Both are beased on faith, both have no clue about science or the scientific method, both need to invoke pseudoscience to 'substantiate' their claims, and both cherrypick their 'evidence', ignoring anything that contradicts it (which is the majority).

Anyway.. you ask what kind of world we live in if people believe the likes of JW.. well this is it. It's a world infested with ego's, religious fanatics and fanatics of all sorts .. like the ones we see at work on this forum. You may ask what drives them and that's a really interesting question that could probably be answered in psychological terms. Why do people hang their hat on one particular ideology? Is it to provide themselves with an identity? Something that will get them noticed, ,something that will affirm their (empty) existence?

You tell me..

Anyway.. go at it hoaxies.. Let's see what you're made of
Do the best you can!

[edit on 13-7-2010 by payt69]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

You dont have to waste your time here defending Apollo if you know deep in your gut it happened. Spend your time with more important matters. But I doubt you do believe it yourself, and you want to silence those that are seeking the truth because the truth is painful. You dont want your worldview disrupted. So stop pretending like you won some argument or debate. You haven't. More information is coming.

This beautifully illustrates the parallel with Religion. Christians also say stuff like 'Deep in your heart you know 'the truth' (we're right), you're just being obnoxious' and stuff like that.

The workings of the human mind.. endlessly fascinating

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think CHRLZ linked to this thread on the Education Forum. There's a guy called Duane there who is possibly even more dense than Foosm. Where Foosm will sometimes show potential, this Duane guy is really beyond belief.. He even admits that he doesn't know anything about photography, yet sticks to JW's claims about the imnpossible shadows. When proven wrong, he just goes 'wait for JW's next video, he'll tear you apart'.. lol

educationforum.ipbhost.com...

I really wonder what's up with people like that. He could just be a troll.. but what if he's not? Is it a mental affliction? Could it be some kind of form of self-mutilation? Any explanations?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by payt69

ahhhh yeah and I love it how buzz just didn't like that one video in that last episode of JW video. So tell me why doesn't Buzz swear on the bible?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
LOL you guys remind me of what JW stated in this video.

Are you guys the Niku men in Ranma 1/2? lol

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

ahhhh yeah and I love it how buzz just didn't like that one video in that last episode of JW video. So tell me why doesn't Buzz swear on the bible?

You know pathetically ignorant your statement is? Seriously Because Buzz is sick of AMBUSH journalism and decides not to feed the TROLLS; you use this as proof that we haven't gone to the moon?

Wow, sad serious very sad.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

sick of the ambushes? As soon as he saw that video he sure as hell didn't want to be there and if he was so proud to be on the moon he would have no trouble listening to the guys so called video. I would of stayed and watched it and then laugh at the dude if it was total nonsense.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

sick of the ambushes? As soon as he saw that video he sure as hell didn't want to be there and if he was so proud to be on the moon he would have no trouble listening to the guys so called video. I would of stayed and watched it and then laugh at the dude if it was total nonsense.

Okay, so if I walked up to you right now and told you I didn't believe that the greatest achievement in your life had happened you would stand stoically and hear me out?

I would think the person was a loon and run for the hills. Especially if that achievement was being fired into space.

And why such hostility to people who don't 100% believe you that the moon landing was a hoax? You talk as if this subject material is accessible to everyone, and I remember clearly when I joined the conversation you were less than welcoming.

You yourself don't welcome debate that doesn't support you, so why would you expect anyone involved in the moon landing to accept yours, Jarrah's or anyone else's attitude in their face? I imagine Jarrah would be quite welcome to debate on these forums if he chose to with some respect.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Pinke]

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Pinke]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

and let me guess you don't have critical thinking skills or reading comprehension skills? Not allowed debate? What the hell has this thread have been? Who here in this thread threatened to turn people in for not citing their pictures as their source? It sure ain't the moon hoaxers. Peoples egos that are hurt because their mind is changing and they don't like what they see.

humanity makes me laugh. It is nothing but lies.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Who here in this thread threatened to turn people in for not citing their pictures as their source?

'Turn them in'?
Reporting poor behavior, that is CLEARLY against the forum's rules, is 'turning them in'?
For someone who has just been busted for trying to mislead the forum on another thread, that's pretty rich. And for someone to pretend to be an investigator, and not realise the importance and MORALITY of citing references..? Pitiful.

It sure ain't the moon hoaxers. Peoples egos that are hurt because their mind is changing and they don't like what they see.

That's funny - I have only seen a few people changing their minds *against* the hoax on this thread.. And the post-starring, not that it is a much of a useful guide (but it's all we have got) seems to suggest that your opinions are worth even LESS than what we are paying for them... Or that Jarrah's little support team has now dropped to pretty much nothing.

It is nothing but lies.

You seem to be having a terrible amount of trouble actually debating any of these lies on this topic... One might even observe that you appear to be avoiding that like the plague....

Anyway, as he said - DO carry on. It's an interesting self-immolation process..

[edit on 13-7-2010 by CHRLZ]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

oh please and your small fragile ego is hurt. It is so weak that it reminds me like a glass wall and easily broken. NASA and its sad little attempt to go back is laughable and not even having a design ready for the moon lander is even more laughable.

I'd gladly vote Obama back in. i didn't vote for him the first time, but he made my day getting the constellation program canceled.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I would of stayed and watched it and then laugh at the dude if it was total nonsense.

Nonsense is right, like what your definition of evidence is!

I'd done the same thing as Buzz Aldrin. If someone like you showed at my door claiming my greatest adventure was rubbish, I'd make sure I had fracture you facial bones mighty nicely like and sent you on your way, bleeding.

But I am just taking in consideration his position, man I'd be pissed at the way people act at me also.

Ambushing someone like that is spineless.

Glad to know you support that kind of behavior!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

LOL That is so much BS and you know it.

2nd line

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

LOL That is so much BS and you know it.

2nd line

No actually it isn't. There is no reason for this man to be treated they way he has.

Buzz Aldrin has done nothing to nobody.

No wonder Neil decided to hide from public view.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

HEY!

Sorry to interrupt the self-love fest, but have ANY of you noticed that the author of the OP hasn't participated AT ALL since 5/1 (the next day after his post)!

You've all been had!

I stopped by to see how far off-target this had gotten, and am simply reassured that ATS no longer amounts to anything more than a forum for narcissists and dreamers.

There is no moon hoax. There is no credible evidence in support. All the rest of the 2500 posts/pages are pure wasted bandwidth.

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

reply to post by payt69

If i came to you and asked you to swear on the bible that you aren't actually a meateating reptilian alien from Zargon, would you do it? Or would you just think i'm nuts and try to get rid of me a.s.a.p?

hmm.. come to think of it.. you might swear on the bible... Some people think that 'swearing on the bible' actually means anything. Well.. some people don't.. some people just get incredibly annoyed by the stupidity of the hoaxies. Buzz was one of them.

By the way.. Sibrel actually got some of the astronauts to swear on the bible. I find it strange that this is always omitted when hoaxies bring up Sibrels bible adventures.. do you believe those astronauts because they did swear on the bible? Do you believe the went to the moon? If not, then what's the point of having them swear on the bible?

From wiki: "Bean, for instance, states that the full-up testing of the Saturn V rocket cut months off the schedule and was an impetus in reaching the moon before decade's end. Cernan describes an experiment on his moon mission, Apollo 17, that was specifically designed to study the radiation of the Van Allen Belts. The interviews end with the request to swear an oath on Sibrel's Bible. He asks them to "swear and affirm, under penalty of eternal damnation, perjury and treason" that the astronauts really went to the moon. Cernan and Mitchell testify that they did indeed walk on the moon, taking the whole oath as Sibrel states it to them. Alan Bean is also willing to swear on Sibrel's Bible, though Sibrel shows him as unwilling to swear under penalty of treason after Sibrel was unable to explain what it meant or why it was relevant.[2]

Later, Mitchell had the following to say about his encounter: "Sibrel faked his way into my home with false History Channel credentials for an interview. After about 3-4 minutes, he popped the Bible question. Realizing who he was, I maintained my cool enough to swear on his Bible, then ended the interview and tossed him out of the house, with a boot in his rear."

en.wikipedia.org...

So to sum up.. do you believe the astronauts that swore on the bible actually went to the moon?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

watch Jarrah's flagging a dead horse series and it is right up your alley.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

....have ANY of you noticed that the author of the OP hasn't participated AT ALL since 5/1 (the next day after his post)!

Errmmm...yah, I tried to point that out, several pages ago...more than once, if I recall....

....it got lost in the mess....

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

reply to post by jdub297

watch Jarrah's flagging a dead horse series and it is right up your alley.

Before you skip my question, i'll ask again:

do you believe the astronauts who swore on the bible actually went to the moon?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Pinke

and let me guess you don't have critical thinking skills or reading comprehension skills? Not allowed debate? What the hell has this thread have been?

According to Foosm, no I don't.

And as far as I can tell this thread has been a group of people being smug and glib about mostly nothing; with a very small group of intelligent people having their time wasted.

The extent of your 'debate' with myself has been accusing me of not holding my real life job because well ... because you said so. And the current argument you have is summarized as far as I can tell to:

"People are starting to disbelieve in the moon landing and having their egos shattered because I said so"

I think you're wasting everyone's time.

top topics

<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join