It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

page: 109
<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tomblvd

He is claiming to have this image AS17-141-21608 in a 14 MB tiff and won't share the source he received it from.

He claims its public domain, yet still he "Can't reveal his source!"

I am saying he's misleading and falsifying the image data he's claimed.

I told him on ATS he has to include sources but he again insists that he has a whopper of a image that is the smoking gun!

I call BS.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by theability
I call BS.

Does the image below look like BS to you ? Is that astronaut missing his backpack ? Do you really think I'd divulge who provided me with this high res photo ?

You u2u'd me asking me to host the file .. do you still want me to do that ?

edit: hopefully the source is still available at www.yourfilelink.com...

[edit on 15-6-2010 by ppk55]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Komodo

and it doesn't prove there are either does it?

If we already HAVE a way to measure .. since the EARLY 1600ad, then why stick the 'mirrors' on the moon. and .. hmmm.. since when did we have the tech in the 60's to 'shoot' a laser and pricisly hit a mirro that is what.. all of 2ft square; since the computing power in a calualator now days is more powerfull than was in the Apollo LMAO .. yeeeeeah ..

If it doesn't prove they didn't, why did you bother to post it? And then act like it did? As for hitting a mirror on the Moon with a laser: you realize that a laser beam isn't perfectly parallel, don't you? By the time the beam hits the Moon it's over a kilometer wide... no need for pinpoint accuracy, really. Laser measurements have allowed astronomers to calculate that the Moon is receding from the Earth at a rate of 3.8 centimeters per year. Can you calculate that with a trig table? Since you clearly know all the answers, there would be little point in reading this:

news.bbc.co.uk...

wow.. so now I know all the answers.. hmmmk .. if you say so,.. so .. can you plz post what the laser looked like back in .. ohh.. 1960's.. cuz we BARELY broke ground on computers then !!!

Since someone else is trying to hijack the thread, I thought I'd bring it back to earth (as it were). Are you still having trouble with the concept of the laser being developed in 1960, and used to measure lunar distance not long after?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

The image is at the limit of resolution for both the film and scanner. The PLSS is clearly visible in the shadow, so the "missing" backpack is clearly an illusion caused by lack of contrast. All you've done is derail the thread, which I assume was the point, so well done.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

I'm the first to post the above image of the astronaut without a life preserving backpack (plss) in a high res 14mb format. period.

I think you have your decimal point messed up and the format wrong. The AS17-141-21608HR is 1.4MB But hey make claims all you want.

You are not the first: And funny how these forums have the discussions from over a year ago and no one mentions any tiff images!

1 Year ago same image

Jan 26, 2009

July 9th 2009

This has been discussed across the globe in many languages and NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON STATES A TIFF EXISTS OF IMAGE AS17-141-21608!!

You can't even come up with your own material let alone find a rouge tiff that exists of hasselblad imagery.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ppk55

I call BS.

Does the image below look like BS to you ? Is that astronaut missing his backpack ?

What is making that immense shadow on the ground? If the astronaut were not wearing a backpack, what is casting that shadow?

I could not be any clearer (considering the amount that pic has been enlarged) that there is a backpack.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
the "missing" backpack is clearly an illusion

Wow, that's a really great illusion.
Are you seriously saying you can't see (the missing backpack) in the photo above ?

edit: There's a shadow, but no backpack .. how does that work ?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Should I count the times this thread has been DERAILED?

And yes I will still host the file pk55 I explained that I would.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

It's called a REFLECTION in a convex helmet visor!!! how hard is that to comprehend?

here...the photo in question (pounced upon by so, so many Apollo HBs):

www.lpi.usra.edu...

Surface EVA #3. At 'Station 6'

www.lpi.usra.edu...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

hopefully the source is still available at www.yourfilelink.com...

Since when is Your file link dot com a source for NASA imagery????

OK what topic are we are now?

[edit on 15-6-2010 by theability]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Just to have a frame of reference I placed another image of an astronaut next to the reflection:

The silhouette looks extremely similar. Another one debunked.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by -PLB-]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by -PLB-
Just to have a frame of reverence I placed another image of an astronaut next to the reflection:

The silhouette looks extremely similar. Another one debunked.

BUSTED.

Very well done.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by A.Poster
He is DEFINITELY not wearing a backpack in that picture. In court that could be considered evidence i believe.

I actually think A.Poster could be on to something here... If the above image was shown to a jury, they would agree conclusively the astronaut was missing his life preserving backpack.

Thats only because like YOU they would most likely know NOTHING about photography or digital imaging.

PS Are you the person who claimed to be a cinematographer dont think you have answered that yet and I have asked a few times!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I think you have your decimal point messed up and the format wrong

No I don't I have the only 14mb .tiff file of this controversial photo. It's quite obvious from the pic above he/she has no PLSS (life preserving backpack). Come on, you can't see it, and neither can anyone else. Let's get real.

And Tomblvd, you're image looks nothing like this.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

Well My source just u2u'd me and the verdict is in

Like I said AS17-141-21608 does not exist in Tiff format.

End of that discussion. Next one!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by -PLB-

Ya know what.....-PLB-....

As often as I've looked at this pathetic "hoax proof", it took that 'AHA' image to help...

We already can SEE the shadow, clearly showing the bulkiness of the PLSS...BUT, the Astronaut is turned slightly, at the waist, as he is snapping the picture.

SOME people keep focusing on the placement of his feet, and INFER that he is standing at an oblique angle, and therefore (to them) the PLSS should be obvious, as well.

I can see that he is standing on uneven ground, with a slight twist in his body, at the waist. Feet panted slightly askew, yes, but torso twisted around so the PLSS is out of view, from that angle...combined with the CONVEX REFLECTION!!!

Optics, apparently, are not a strong point in the "HB's" repertoire of knowledge.....

Speaking of obtics, and reflections....maybe this will help:

(working on it, hold please...)

OK...see if this works better:

hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...

(I am sure a few of our resident ATSers will understand the optics, math and physics there...)

[edit on 15 June 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

And Tomblvd, you're (sic) image looks nothing like this.

"I am" what image?

What are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
You know what, just look with your eyes for once... (pics above) there's no life preserving backpack .. look !! there isn't one. As A.poster said a few posts back .. A court would say there is no backpack.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

Some one has to say it...
A court let OJ get away with murder.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

I am sorry, but this is SUCH an awkardly phrased sentence, and it is used, by you, five or six times, so far....

...there's no life preserving backpack ..

It is the PLSS, and speaking down to the audience doesn't help. THEY can figure things out, don't have to be addressed as children.

BUT, the PLSS, foreshortened as it would be in the convex mirrored surface fo the helmet visor reflection, and given that ability of the Astronaut to simply twist his upper body a few degrees...pretty much nails ths one dead, and buried, in terms of "Hoax" evidence.

new topics

top topics

<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join