It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona lawmakers OK several changes to immigration law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

arizona lawmakers OK several changes to immigration law

[url=http://www.abc15.com/content/news/phoenixmetro/central/story/Arizona-lawmakers-OK-several-changes-to/qNpxW7Jonkm9shejhnkiSQ.cspx]The follow-on legislation approved Thursday also would change the law to specify that immigration-status questions would follow a law enforcement officer's stopping, detaining or arresting a person while enforcing another law.

Brewer's spokesman said that makes it clear that police cannnot question people just on the suspicion they're illegal immigrants.

Brewer likely will sign the follow-on bill, said the spokesman, Paul Senseman.

Pearce said that change doesn't require a formal arrest before questioning but helps make it clear that racial profiling is not allowed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-4-2010 by amatrine]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I did not see it.
They have made changes to to law that clarify when a person can be questioned their status. They have to be pulled over etc, or a civil disobedience.

I think this is a good measure that should take a lot of the lies out of the media and special interests.

[url=http://www.abc15.com/content/news/phoenixmetro/central/story/Arizona-lawmakers-OK-several-changes-to/qNpxW7Jonkm9shejhnkiSQ.cspx]www.abc15.com[/u rl]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This link is not posting correct , if someone can help?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Yes, it only means they are going to profile everyone at random just to make it look better.

Right!

We are all suspects, that's what was originally intended, anyway!.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I do not see how when being pulled pulled over and you are suspicious, it is random. ( No drivers Id, fake Id, etc.. )

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I did not see it.
They have made changes to to law that clarify when a person can be questioned their status. They have to be pulled over etc, or a civil disobedience.

I think this is a good measure that should take a lot of the lies out of the media and special interests.

[url=http://www.abc15.com/content/news/phoenixmetro/central/story/Arizona-lawmakers-OK-several-changes-to/qNpxW7Jonkm9shejhnkiSQ.cspx]www.abc15.com[/u rl]

No, the press and some'll still scream racism anyways. What I don't understand is why is it so "wrong" for the US or states to enforce their laws? Do these people that are pro-illegal alien think that if they were to walk across the border into mexico that they wouldn't be stopped an questioned and asked for their papers? But yet somehow it's wrong for the US/States to do the same.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
This link is not posting correct , if someone can help?

I'll give it a try.

Arizona lawmakers OK several changes to immigration law

Changes to the bill language will actually remove the word "solely" from the sentence, "The attorney general or county attorney shall not investigate complaints that are based solely on race, color or national origin."

The racial profiling is still in play obviously, but I guess it's more acceptable.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Now it seems they answered the question on whether or not its legal and end the racial profiling that may have happen. Kudos for them, But many people will still complain, I will support this law, we know there will be some abuse but when those officers are tried for it they should be punished. I would also like to see heavy fines against the people who hire illegal’s without filling out an I-9 form.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It makes me sad when people just dont get it.

as far as Mexicans being here illegally, YES, they should send them all home, but it should be the POTUS who decides that Why didnt Bush start to get rid of them? He was in bed with Vincente Fox. Why doesnt Obaaama do it?

I question the motives of the government giving these Mexicans false hope. Time and time again they give them mixed signals saying they are going to do this or reform that, so THEY END UP NOT LEAVING!!!!!

In other words, they are playing with their heads. Just like they play with ours.

You cant really blame the Mexicans, although i have to say they do have very big balls to pretend they can stay here undocumented, when they know no where in the world can anyone do that!!

Even i feel mixed up and crazy.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I also support the bill. It has cleared up the confusion of , " can they ask anyone for their papers" , the answer is NO. There has to me just cause like in ANY crime. Of course there will still be protests. There are so many people here that have illegal families and friends. They will protest because they do not want to loose their benefits, or see someone they know illegal sent home.

They want amnesty. It does not work that way. They should have got in line in the first place as many before them have done. Then they would have nothing to worry about.

It is the governments fault it has got this bad to begin with, but that does not mean we just let it go. We have to fix this.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
You know I have not heard ONE WORD about the change to law on the main stream news either. Just local.

top topics

join