It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager convicted of terror plot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

County Durham teenager convicted of terror plot

news.bbc.co.uk

"Nicky Davison, 19, was convicted of three separate charges of possessing records useful in committing or preparing acts of terrorism."... "Terror manuals were found on computers at his Annfield Plain home last June."..."Jurors heard a police raid at the home he shared with his mother and younger brother found copies of The Poor Man's James Bond and the Anarchist's Cookbook on two computers. "
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk
www.journalliv e.co.uk

[edit on 30-4-2010 by LurkingSleipner]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Regardless of the details of the accused's political or social views, the materials that are deemed "records useful to or preparing acts of terrorism" hardly seem to fit the bill by mere possesion alone. thousands if not millions of people possibly have similar books if not those exact same ones or have atleast seen them.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Is it the same thing if I have the US Army's sniper training manual? I have the counter insurgency manual from 2004. Does all of this make me a terrorist? Or just someone who studies military tactics?

Geez, by the end of this decade half the country is going to go to jail for something terror related.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
indeed, I still have a Boeing 747 Manual somewhere, does that make me a terrorist?

and how about this?

EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT A MOLOTOV COCKTAIL IS AND HOW TO MAKE ONE.

Is that enough to go on a rampage to fill the PRIVATE jails with innocent people? while corruption and frauds run rampant in the governments? Any agent willing to comment on that?

If the kids bought materials or were seriously planning something it would make sense, but this is just abuse of all the legislation after 9/11.

This is government terrorism and should be treated the with the same laws they wrote.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkingSleipner

The precedent that this sets is extremely Orwellian. The state should not be able to arrest, detain or otherwise harass an individual for literature. Sure, this information could be used for "terrorism", or it could be used for anti-terrorism.

Wont be long before everything is terror related...

..Ex

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
thats RIDICULOUS. They sell print copies of the anarchist cookbook at BARNES AND NOBLE.

I doubt people will take it too much longer.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The precedent is the important part. Its getting more like Nazi Germany everyday around here. Wait till they come out with a list of books that its illegal to posses.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The worst part is, the hard they come down on people premeptively, the more anger, fear and sense of injustice it provokes creating more people they need to premptively convict.

This is crazy. What a world. Today is one of those days where even the sun shining and warm air can't bring up my mood. sigh...

Cheers

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
There is no freedom to possess this kind of document in the UK.

A few years ago researchers at a university got arrested for possessing an al-queda document that they had downloaded from a US DOD website.

If legitimate researchers, using documents provided by the US government are criminals in the UK, then this kid has no chance.

I've warned UK citizens about this in other threads before, where people were posting things like the wikileaks US military counter-insurgency manuals. You simply cannot access things like that in the UK without a huge risk of prosecution.

Just visiting this website (ATS) could be a crime for UK citizens due to the nature of some of the threads.

[edit on 30/4/2010 by harpsounds]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This is what lifes become. Another example for us being on ATS.

We are guilty until proven innocent.

Oh God what do I hate the sheep.

If enough of us would change our live and offer trust before expecting the worst. They wouldn't get away with this.

But now... There are seriously people believing that this boy really has got to be a terrorist.

Terrorism is what governments do to subdue its citizens.
Hence the ism. A state form. Along the way they have altered its true meaning. Just like they did with Anarchism.

This is not good . Not good at all.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Incredible ! Time to put theses books into practise maybe ?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkingSleipner

Clearly this is a "pre-crime", punishable in the highest degree, electro-shock to the temples. An electrodes to the you-know....

Here in the US, we have a useful gadget called the National Security Letter. One of it's uses is so the thought-crime police can make the librarian tell them everything you've been reading, even if you are not suspected of a crime, and no warrant is issued by a judge. So, even if it's in the public library, if you read too many books on a certain topic you're in for a cavity search by the "MAN". A big bonus is the librarian is in deep doo if she/he decided to let you know you are a "pre-crime" suspect.
Orwellian enough anybody????

Just like being on ATS.......

edit: OK I read that his good ol' Pa turned him in, some Aryan brotherhood crap.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I think the pigs fail/ignore to realize that most people read these books purely for entertainment.

I am currently seeking instructions on how to make an ordinary model rocket into an warhead carrying ICBM with North Korea's name on it.

Its actually pretty fun thinking of how to do these things.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Senz20

Oh yes, i forgot to add there is absolutely NO proof he was trying to harm anyone. If he goes to jail, i might just bust him out myself...

Whoops, it appears i missed the part about his father admitting it.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Senz20]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ickylevel

No. Time to get tow ropes to pull American politicians' heads out of their asses. If half this conspiracy jargon is true, then putting these books into practice is exactly what they want. If TPTB are really on some shady, take-over, nazi-esque agenda then they don't give a damn who we kill, it would just give them more reason to tighten the noose.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

I am not American, so I may be wrong, but doesn't that National Security Letter violate or interfere with the Fourth amendment of the US constitution ?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
thats RIDICULOUS. They sell print copies of the anarchist cookbook at BARNES AND NOBLE.

I doubt people will take it too much longer.

It is easily available through a simple google search. People just keep it as they find it interesting not to commit terrors. This is absolutely ridiculous.

edited to remove image as it may be against rules.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Crimson_King]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I dont believe this story, I dont believe this Nicky kid even exists, and I suspect this news story is straight up propaganda, meant to instill fear in the populace by its own government.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The Anarchists Cook Book is a teenagers book on how to blow yourself up, poison yourself, electrocute yourself, and kill yourself in many ways unknown to man.

He's a bored teenager who likes to watch explosions.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
A similar story from Sept of '08:

news.bbc.co.uk...
Munshi was convicted last month of making a record of information likely to be used for terrorist purposes... he had ...downloaded guides to making napalm, detonators and explosives. ....Khan was sentenced ...for possessing or making documents promoting terrorism. (UK)

A classic sign of tyranny is when everything starts to become illegal.

"The more laws that are written, the more criminals are produced"
--the ancient Chinese philosopher Lao-Tse

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
--Tacitus

Some examples:

www.thetrenchcoat.com...
One of the suspects accused in the plot to attack Belvidere High School in New Jersey. 17-year-old Joseph Pastusek II pleaded guilty to charges of... failure to adjust.

www.woai.com...
Doelitsch has also been charged with "Enticing a Child."

www.seacoastonline.com.../20080406/NEWS/804060343/-1/NEWS01
A bill that passed the House last month aims to strengthen the crime of visual sexual aggression against children.....Under the bill, if someone is arrested for viewing children in a public place, it would be a Class D felony if the child is between 12 to 14 years old and a Class C felony if the child is under 12 .....

www.chron.com...
Jacob Amspacher was arrested in April on a misdemeanor charge of illegal illumination of an aircraft.

rawstory.com...
Minneapolis police charged Jenkins with .... refusing to submit to a chemical test.

forum.prisonplanet.com...
Prosecutors... charged Michael Gonzalez with.... two counts of possession of a concealed handcuff key

www.foxnews.com.../crime
BALTIMORE Police arrested a 7-year-old boy, handcuffed him and hauled him down to the station house on a charge of riding a motorized dirt bike on a sidewalk.

www.chippewa.com...
Three Chippewa Falls teenagers ... were all charged with ... unauthorized release of animals.

---------

Where it's going:

www.thesunnews.com...
Helmuth von Moltke was arrested by the Gestapo in January 1944 on charges of warning a friend that he was about to be arrested.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join