It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Chemical Spills in Sea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This time it's from a mining operation, in Australia (I believe, sure some members can verify the location
), what's sickening is the company's challenging the reports that 88tons of alumina hydrate were spilled into Melville Bay on APR 13, the company's response?

it was only 30 tonnes.

www.ntnews.com.au

THESE photographs show a once-pristine harbour being polluted by a huge mining operation.

The alumina hydrate being washed into Melville Bay at Gove contains caustic soda, which can cause severe burns.

A whistleblower at the Alcan mine told the Northern Territory News that a series of photos of contamination had been taken.

Some were snapped a few months ago and others in 2007.

Mine workers said pollution of the harbour was common.

I wonder what effects the bay will endure due to these chemicals being dropped in the bay? Any of our friends from Oz know more about this situation?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Greed driven corporations care not for our mother earth and have spilled, if not directly dumped, all kinds of sh@t into her oceans and waterways since the industrial revolution. Before industrial grade chemicals it was only human waste that humans left behind. Now we leave behind poisons. Humans are killing their mother.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Thanks for the link!

Gonna put this article on my site too!

more chemical spills in sea...

Spread word...

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Freq Of Nature]

new topics

join