It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s a bird! It’s a plane! No, it’s Russia’s “flying saucer”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Russia has launched a program to build a powerful, multi-purpose airship that will certainly cause many people on the ground to take notice.

The “Locomoskayner” airship takes to the air with nothing more than helium, but will also have special outfitted hot air cells to regulate its buoyancy, RIA Novosti news agency reported.

Propulsion of the craft is provided by several electric motors, and small wings on the periphery of its disc-shaped hull give the vehicle extra lift in flight. The aircrafts unusual shape, which strikingly resembles an unidentified flying object (UFO) also gives it extra stability, and ability to resist wind currents to hover for extended periods above targets on the ground.

Varying models of the Locomoskayners are expected to be used for the transportation of people and cargo, as well as surveillance and monitoring. The largest version in the works will be able to airlift 600 tons.

The five-year project is based in the city of Ulyanovsk, some 900 km east from Moscow. The project’s developer, LocomoSky, plans to generate $90 million worth of investment.

rt.com...

Mother Russia - always make new suprises... Interesting project indeed

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
At least helium isn't combustible.

Imagine one of those crashing due to an explosion and creating another Roswell!!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBloodRed

- And think about those coming leaked autopsy videos... Those would be hot stuff - If Pilots would be Russian beautiful chicks.

--- But what these will do to our UFO discussions: "So, was it alien ship?" - "No, I think it was again one of those damn heliumrussians..."

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Not to worry. No way that monstrocity can match the speeds and flight dynamics of the real UFO witnessed by millions.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Right - seen those "real things" my self too. Just joking.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
That's not a flying saucer!

THIS is a Flying Saucer!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
There's your disclosure, folks...

So much for reverse-engineering.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Exactly, I remember seeing these pics, and hearing this story years ago....but nothing ever seemed to come from it. I wonder why it's popped up now? How reliable is the source site, as they have it as a current story?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Russia Today is largest International media in Russia. Their broadcasts are seen all over the world, so I keep it in same status than any other international media. Its related also to RIA Novosti.

Russians have much more "conspiracy" news and alternative claims in many issues than western medias. I have followed those daily for years now.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Actually, Russia is one of the biggest countries to use UFO Conspiracy to cover up secret projects. This could be another ploy but who knows?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by JanusFIN

Not to worry. No way that monstrocity can match the speeds and flight dynamics of the real UFO witnessed by millions.

Not to worry, Russia has been operating flying saucers since post-WWII. Good thing there's still too many morons in NATO countries who still believe that aliens are the ones conducting recon on them

Know why there's so many "UFO crashes" in Russia? Because it's their tech that they acquired from the Nazis. Know why a "UFO" crashed in Roswell? Because Russia sent it there.

Even the flying saucers that were first seen, in Washington (1947 I think), looked like classic Russian designs.

Ironically the US government came out and intentionally started the manic belief that aliens are here and observing us in a passive aggressive stance. US sure has a nice history of making crap up, don't they?

The whole UFO conspiracy is a true testiment to the collective stupidity of humanity, in my opinion. Smartasses like to claim they know how the American government is conspiring with aliens and blah blah blah, but it's just diversion and introjection like everything else in the US.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
[edit on May 4th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

top topics

join