It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does America end up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I am about to go to bed and I want to leave everyone an interesting project. America is an empire right now and as many have stated, all empires fall. I certainly don't want this to happen but it seems that TPTB have already laid the groundwork. I am guessing that it will be about the time that The New Deal has run out of money and a support system. I am very interested in how everyone thinks America will be post giant empire. If you look at the Soviet Union and how it split, it makes you wonder if the same will happen to us. Will we be divided into smaller countries with a chance to prosper with our new found sovereignty or do you think we will stay together and become a festering third world s**thole? If you are a believer in the possibility of different countries I would love to hear what you think as far as boundaries. (Even one boundary will do). As always thanks for reading and thanks for comments. And of course if this is in the wrong place, mods please move. Good night all, and have a good day.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
No fair you cant make a post and then go to sleep? You must stay awake and argue this point with me for hours on end.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Texas will become a strong country, probably absorbing areas around its border until it doubles in size. The rest of north America will devolve into a scattering of feudal city-states until the next great conqueror comes along.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Part of me wants the US to remain intact, although probably as a 2nd rate power....much like England after WWI/WWII.

The other wants a New South...most of the states of the old Confederacy...probably won't include Va...too mid Atlantic/North Eastern in ideals.
Probably won't include Texas...Texas does what Texas wants to..I like Texas.
That leaves pretty much the South East and Gulf Coast...I could go for that. For those iggnorant enough to inflame such ideals...this does not mean a segregated south..it means what I said, The New South...with full integration and opportunity for all...white,black, LEGAL immigrant.
Hopefully, it would be based on the US Constitution with emphasis on States Rights.... weak central government except for trade/defense/international concerns.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Texas seems to be a good starting point for a country IMO. What do you guys think on California though. I worry some of these border states may get swallowed up by Mexico.

new topics

top topics

join