It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby boy survives for nearly two days after abortion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Baby boy survives for nearly two days after abortion

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/7646540/Baby-boy-survives-for-nearly-two-days-after-abortion.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[/url ]

The 22-week infant died one day later in intensive care at a hospital in the mother's home town of Rossano in southern Italy. The mother, pregnant for the first time, had opted for an abortion after prenatal scans suggested that her baby was disabled.
However, the infant survived the procedure, carried out on Saturday in the Rossano Calabro hospital, and was left by doctors to die.

He was discovered alive the following day – some 20 hours after the operation – by Father Antonio Martello, the hospital chaplain, who had gone to pray beside his body. He found that the baby, wrapped in
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 4/30/2010 by anon72]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I am not sure what to say on this one. I mean, come on. How can this happen anywhere today? The whole abortion thing is just so messed up-no matter what side you are on of the issue.

I have to give it to the Italians for thinking-Okay, you want to do abortions as a doctor-well then you better do them correctly or face homicide charges.

The arguement of when life begins comes into play. For me, it begins with a heart beat.

A sad story but an important topic that needs to be discussed, again. IMO Rest in peace little one(s).

(visit the link above for the full news article-won't display correctly here-thank you Calstorm)

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Some people would do anything to have a baby. And here she is aborting one then leaving it to die.......i don't understand what world are we living in ? What a sad start to the day, rip may yhwh bless your soul........

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I tried to fix the link for you. Must be a glitch with ATS.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Also from the article

In 2005 a baby boy in Manchester was born alive at 24 weeks after surviving three attempts to abort him. He is now a five-year-old schoolboy.

I am off to bed but I'll be bowing down to the porcelain thrown before I do after reading that.totally sick, I hope someone is charged with murder for that poor little boy.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by calstorm]

[edit on 30-4-2010 by calstorm]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Thank you for you notice about the link. I couldn't get it to work in that post but the one inthe very first one does work.

Yes, I'm sorry about the story and the unfortunate details but..... society can't turn a blind eye-we must address it more.

Take Care. (star too)

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Man that's tragic.

You know sometimes when i look at the world, I truly think we are in hell.

We can be really pathetic creatures some times.

Just imagin what that poor little five year old from Manchester is going to feel once he is old enough to read his own headline in the news paper.....

I think we should just go back to people leaving baby baskets on door fronts. I'm sure there some one for every basket baby...

Edit to add: Grrrrrr people who disable embedding on their YouTube videos need to get Aborted.

Just double click to bring YouTube page up.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

I hadn't thought about this, that way. Interesting aspect-the survior reading/learning about it and the effects....

Well, at least there is the law/charge of homicide possible-pending the investigation. I can just imagine what kind of courtroom mess that would be!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I want to say I am stunned that someone would allow that to happen, but it is sad days we live in. People in general are lacking the empathy for those with no voice. I cannot imagine the shock the chaplain must have felt when he found the child.

I have seen a 22 week old infant myself. My first son was still born at that point. Never found out what exactly happened but I can tell you he was a child not a parasite as many would say. At 22-25weeks they can even survive outside of the womb, though their chances are rare they can survive.

This is just wrong on so many levels. There are some heartless, worthless, sacks of flesh walking the face of the earth.

Raist

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I think this happens more often than people care to know.

I have a friend who had an abortion when she was 5 months pregnant.

The baby was born alive, and she could hear it crying. I've always wondered what happened to that baby once the Dr. discovered it was still alive.

While her story did not make the news, it has haunted many of us, for years. Needless to say, this had a long lasting affect on my friend. She was never the same person, ever again.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
For me..Life begins at conception.
To terminate it is murder.
I don't push my choice or feelings on others, but it IS my choice, and my belief.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
One of the pro-choicer's main arguments is if it isn't legal the people will get "back alley" abortions anyway. That isn't much different than what's currently going on there.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Reality check,

Any new born under 23 weeks born alive, will eventually die of complications, new borns born at 25 weeks most likely will be under intensive care for months before be able to leave the hospital and due to the weak and under develop lungs and organs they will most likely suffer health problems through their lives.

Plain and simple.

Is a tragedy that the article if is true and not some pro choice propaganda had a fetus this early live for two days without any care after an abortion, usually abortion means termination of pregnancy meaning death of the fetus.

Somebody actually screw up on this one.

now back to the abortion bashing and good luck with it

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yes, an abortion is an abortion. I think possibly the point here, is that some people wait just a little to long to have them, where a fetus is sucked out in a way that is horrific, and can still survive it, even if for just a time.

The woman in the article waited to have an abortion, until she discovered that the child might have health issues. No mention of loving it, at all.

That, is killing by convenience, in my opinion.

Children are not a convenience, to appease a parents whim. This child could have had other issues later in life, if she had carried it to term, even if it was healthy.

No never mind, that this child was already an individual that could have been the greatest joy this woman could have ever known!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Ahh man that's horrible

Imagine how scared that little baby would be, just left on its own for that length of time with nothing?

It sickens me to think that these doctors knew about it and just left it to die.
If it was a mistake, mistakes like this shouldn't EVER happen.

I'm on the fence with abortion in general. I think that in some circumstances, it should be allowed, but the way it's used over here just no. It's practically a contraceptive for some people. And I don't think I could ever abort a baby with disabilities. Unless it would cause more pain to it for it to survive.

And even then... 22 weeks. Thats about 5 months.
Wow. 5 months old. He'd be a properly formed baby and everything. Thats different to just getting rid of cells.

R.I.P little one.

[edit on 30/4/2010 by Ayana]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonman1111

Clearly, to me at least, that is about the most racist, pure bunch of hokum crap, that I have read in a while.

Why would you post such trash to back up your own personal opinion of abortion?

People have them for all sorts of reasons, as apparent by the article in the thread. This particular woman decided to have one because the baby wasn't perfect. She lives in Italy by the way, so the supreme court bit doesn't even apply, nor Roe v Wade!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Did you read at end where a boy alive today, survived them trying to kill him 3 times during the abortion. He is a 5 year old boy now going to school, does he know?

Sick

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Yeah, I know. I knew about that already - we've got the article on the wall in my philosophy room.

Poor kid. I hope he doesn't take it too badly when he finds out.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

No bashing here just stating our opinions. Though I am sure it has offended you or you felt we pushed our agenda off on you, you are wrong.

Check this out though.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.freerepublic.com...

dailymusings.spaces.live.com...!EBAB74DA8F94C559!4598.entry?sa=411914688

MIAMI (AP) -- A premature baby that doctors say spent less time in the womb than any other surviving infant is to be released from a Florida hospital Tuesday.
Amillia Sonja Taylor was just 9 1/2 inches long and weighed less than 10 ounces when she was born Oct. 24. She was delivered 21 weeks and six days after conception. Full-term births come after 37 to 40 weeks.

pregnancy.about.com...

Infants born as early as 22 weeks and a few even earlier are surviving with much medical care and hospitalization. With the emphasis on saving these little lives, the longer a baby stays in the uterus the better its chances are of surviving and reducing complications after birth. It has generally been accepted that infants born slightly premature are not in as much danger.

I am not saying there cannot be complications and hospital time, but you need to know the facts.
A back up to the daily mail story.

www.foxnews.com...

Doctors say Amillia is the first baby known to survive after a gestation period of fewer than 23 weeks. She was just 9 1/2 inches long and weighed less than 10 ounces when she was born Oct. 24. She was delivered after just under 22 weeks of pregnancy; full-term births come after 37 to 40 weeks.

This was in 2007.

www.usatoday.com...

Andrew and his twin sister were born after only 23 weeks in the womb — just over halfway through a typical pregnancy. Andrew was especially fragile and needed an operation to repair a hole in his colon, a procedure that left the 1½-pound boy even sicker than before.

Then.

Now.

miscarriage.about.com...

The earliest baby to have ever survived premature birth was born at 21 weeks and 6 days, and this was reported in the news as having been a "miracle."

www.newscientist.com...

The Baptist Children's Hospital in Miami, Florida, said Amillia Sonja Taylor was born at 21 weeks and six days on 24 October 2006, making her possibly the most premature baby on record to survive.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Amillia Taylor shouldn't be alive. She was born at less than 22 weeks - in the US, where babies aren't considered 'viable' until 23 weeks.

Not bashing anything, just reporting the facts and giving opinion. Or is that no longer allowed since it looks like the abortion thing might have to be cut back to a very early point?

Raist

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonman1111

WHAT WAS THE LIE that the Jews used to get the Abortion Law passed? Let’s ask the central person in the Roe Vs Wade case, “Jane Roe,” who in reality is, “Norma McCorvey:”

— “I am now a Christian. I made up the story that I was raped. I admit it now. I was too scared back then. It was one of the most hideous times of my life. I was brought up not to lie and, because of this story, I had to lie all the time. And the depression periods got deeper and longer until the night I cut my wrists.

I was used by pro-abortion attorneys. They only needed a pregnant woman as a prop for their case. They cared not about me but only about legalizing abortion. Even after the case I was never respected – probably because I was not a liberal feminist like them.” —

The Real Jane Roe, Norma McCorvey, has now filed suit to overturn the Supreme Court decision. But the Pro Abortionist Jews, with help from their ally on the Supreme Court bench, Ruth Bader Ginsberg, are fighting to keep the murder of Gentile babies as a national law.

The case she filed was thrown out years ago. Your info is out of date.

I won't comment on the anti-semitism...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join