It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few questions about UFO's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Text Blue

I am a believer in UFO's. However I got a couple of questions after reading several post. I'm not looking for debate or comedy just some answers.

1. How come pre-1950's most UFO's sighted were at extreme altitudes compared to the 70's tree top levels.

2. Why has the number of sightings declined? Maybe because of our advancement?

3. Would the outcome of the Mantell incident been different if he would have been piloting an F-15 or some other modern fighter.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

I will try and answer!

1. There were many low altitude sightings in the pre 50s including photos.

2. Sightings have increased not decreased due to people carrying mobile phones and digital cameras.

3. Does not matter what type of fighter aircraft be old or new as you would not stand a chance trying to out run one.

[edit on 30/4/10 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Thanks for the input.
I noticed alot of the of the pre 50's sightings were at 18,000 ft. and above.
I've only saw a few credible videos of anything at that height recently.

As far as the modern fighters are concerned I think if the situation was right one could be brought down, which would be a bad Idea probably.

The thing about the digital camera how come there always fuzzy and distorted but the old black and white pre-fifties always look like hd compared to modern cameras. I have a hard time with the fuzzy pics I've had cheap digital cameras that take better quality pics than some of the ones I've seen.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
Thanks for the input.
I noticed alot of the of the pre 50's sightings were at 18,000 ft. and above.
I've only saw a few credible videos of anything at that height recently.

As far as the modern fighters are concerned I think if the situation was right one could be brought down, which would be a bad Idea probably.

The thing about the digital camera how come there always fuzzy and distorted but the old black and white pre-fifties always look like hd compared to modern cameras. I have a hard time with the fuzzy pics I've had cheap digital cameras that take better quality pics than some of the ones I've seen.

Your welcome Loken.

I have a large collection of photos from the late 1800s todate but its to large to down load.

As for fuzzy there are many of those as old and new but with a bit more research on your part you will find what your looking for.

There are a few members on here that have a bit more time than myself who will be willing to help you out so just be patient and check your post.

Regards BDU

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If you haven't seen it this documentary, is one of the best of recent years.

www.youtube.com...

Hard to argue with many of the reports in it, as being the old swamp gas bouncing off a temperature inversion and reflecting Venus.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
Text Blue

I am a believer in UFO's. However I got a couple of questions after reading several post. I'm not looking for debate or comedy just some answers.

You don't want to be a "believer", you want to be an experiencer. By being a believer you are saying that you accept as real whatever anyone tells you. You want evidence and when it comes to UFOs nothing beats having a daylight sighting but more than a sky-high object that is too high to see any details. It's easy to be fooled. You don't want a night-sighting either unless the object performs in ways that defy aerodynamic laws, i.e., angled turns, stopping instantly, accelerating instantly.

1. How come pre-1950's most UFO's sighted were at extreme altitudes compared to the 70's tree top levels.

The main reason could be that people were not looking up as frequently as they are now because of the proliferation of aircraft. Additionally, you could say that UFOs are now more "flagrant."

2. Why has the number of sightings declined? Maybe because of our advancement?

Sightings are still being made every day, worldwide. We haven't advanced to the point where we are any kind of threat to them. Whoever "them" might be.

3. Would the outcome of the Mantell incident been different if he would have been piloting an F-15 or some other modern fighter.

Thanks

Mantell's demise was not due to a UFO. A "UFO" to him, yeah, but a Skyhook balloon to the rest of us. Additionally, Mantell had a reputation for being a "hotdog" and defying common sense. He ran out of oxygen and crashed.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by The Shrike]

new topics

top topics

join