It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese media: 5 kids hurt in new school attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Chinese media: 5 kids hurt in new school attack

news.yahoo.com

BEIJING – A Chinese state media report says a man has killed himself after attacking five children at a kindergarten in eastern China, the latest in a string of assaults on children at schools in the country.

The official Xinhua News Agency said the unidentified man poured gasoline over his body and set himself on fire while holding two children. It said teachers pulled the children away. Xinhua said none of the children's injuries were life-threatening in the attack in Jinan city in Shandong
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Another one. Yesterday 28 children were hurt in a knife attack.

The day before that attack, 2 kids were killed in a stabbing rampage.

Just a few days ago, another school attacker was sentenced to death for killing eight school children and injuring five others on March 23.

Then on March 24, a school teacher stabbed 63 kids with an empty syringe.

Just yesterday I posted the article about the 28 that were stabbed, then in less than 24 hours, another incident happens in almost the exact same manner. This time the guy lit himself on fire while holding 2 children. Sick and disgusting. What is going on in China?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Is this the Chinese equivalent to shooting-sprees or something?

It really is sad.

To think 10 years ago we probably wouldn't even hear about this.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Another terrible incident in China. I wonder what's going on there and what China won't tell us.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Im thinking it probably is an equivalent of a shooting-spree, but this time with knives, and it looks like the psycho's are copy-cating eachother. Im not sure if anything like this has happened before, but ill look and see if I can find anything.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I just re-visited the news article and they have updated the story with more information.

BEIJING – A farmer attacked and injured five kindergarten students with a hammer in eastern China before burning himself to death Friday in the latest in a string of horrific assaults on children at Chinese schools, state media reported.

The attacker used a motorcycle to break down a gate of the school in Shandong province's Weifang city, struck a teacher who tried to block him and then used the hammer to attack the children, the official Xinhua News Agency said.

A hammer this time! People will use anything they can get their hands on nowdays. This reminds me of those old slasher-style movies from the 80's that are full of sick, twisted ways of killing people.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
All I can think to say is:

What the hell is wrong with these people! This has happened how many times now in the past few years?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

Then on March 24, a school teacher stabbed 63 kids with an empty syringe.

That sounds impossible.

Call me skeptical. I just don't believe it.

Wouldn't the syringe needle break? Yeah.."stabbing" is just too forceful and will break it off after a few jabs.

So I don't believe this crap for a minute.

I'll be requiring video evidence. Otherwise it is propaganda devised for an agenda...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Another terrible incident in China. I wonder what's going on there and what China won't tell us.

Millions of men cannot find brides cuz
the girls are snuffed at birth.

Now add on top of that

Once they do get married, they can have only
1 child per law.

now add to that

latest law making 10,000 woman
become sterile to control population.

Some men go off the deep end and say
if I can't have children then you should not be
allowed to either. It is revenge for their
slavery without children and brides.

So they attack the very thing those
others cherish ... to wit they cannot have.
A family.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Teacher Jailed For Stabbing 63 Kids to Discipline Them

It wasnt a rampage like the other incidents, but its still pretty sick. How is stabbing children with a syringe even logical?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I'd say we have an underground movement who feel incapable of getting their message out to the rest of the world and so do what any person who feels at at end does - get some media attention to your cause.

Stabbing/harming/killing kids is a sure fire headline catcher and if these men were in cahoots then there is an organised element to their motivations.

Now, what is the message they are trying to get out and is it actually worth it?

-m0r

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Its a pretty sick thought, but do you think it could be a publicity stunt for a cause - like democracy or something? I dunno, it just seem weird to me, then again there is 1.3billion people. And child-murders happen in the western world everyday too. *shrugs*

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
but do you think it could be a publicity stunt for a cause -

I just explained the cause above

in my opinion of course

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
It has to be some kind of mental illness or chemical induced psychosis.

How does China compare to japan when it comes to the slasher manga and etc?

If they are into all that violent crap like Japan is then this will become more and more common place as the already mentally disturbed feed their psychosis with this crap.

But why kids? that is an unknown.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I actually think that just might be the reason. The men are being deprived of something they naturally need to do as a human. After being deprived enough, a man may snap and go insane.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
China does seem to be hard hit by the knife-rager phenenom. Is that because they do not have access to guns, which is the way the same thing is done in the western countries? Also note instances of this happening before about ten years ago are hard to come by, but that may only be because these incidents are publicized now and weren't before.

11-25-02
Wuchuan City, Guangdong, China
A man identified only as Huang put a highly toxic rat poison in the table salt.  Two kindergarten teachers and 70 children fell seriously ill from ingesting the poison during breakfast.

----------------------

8-4-04
Beijing, China
Xu Heping, 51, one kid killed, wounded 15 young children and three teachers with knife at the Nursery (Kindergarten) at Beijing University Number One Hospital. 

---------------------

9-11-04
Suzhou City, Jiangsu, China
Yang Guozhu, 41, slashed and wounded 28 children at a day care center.

----------------------

9-20-04
Juxian County, Shandong Province, China
Jia Qingyou, 36, slashed and wounded 25 children at Number 1 Experimental Primary School.

--------------------

10-21-04
Beijing, China
Fu Hegong killed five with bricks, knives, a blanket and a fire extinguisher at Beixin Kindergarten.

-------------

11-25-04
Ruzhou, Henan Province, China
Yan Yanming, 21, stabbed nine boys to death and wounded four others as they slept at Number 2 High School. 

--------------------

12-3-04
Mingcheng Township, Panshi, Jilin Province, China
Liu Zhigang, 30, stabbed 12 first-graders at Central Primary School,

------------------

4-4-05
Zhanjiang, Guangdong Province, China
A man identified only as Meng, in his 30's, used a kitchen knife to injure eight students at Nansan Middle School. 

---------------------

10-12-05
Liudong Township, Guangde, Anhui Province, China
Liu Shibing, 33, injured sixteen students with his homemade guns at Niutoushan Primary School. 

----------------

5-15-07
Maoming, Guangdong province, China
Wu Jianguo, 17, killed two classmates at Number Three Middle School.

---------

2-25-08
Leizhou, Guangdong, China
A young man, Chen Wenzhen, killed a boy and a girl with a knife and injured three students and a teacher at Leizhou No. 2 Middle School.

-----------

3-23-10
Fujian province, China
Zheng Minsheng, 42, murdered eight children outside an elementary school.

---------------

4-15-10
Southern Guangxi, China
A mentally ill man hacked to death a second grader and an elderly woman with a meat cleaver in and wounded five other people.

-------------

4-28-10
Leizhou city, Guangdong province, China
A man in 40s stabbed 18 students and teachers at Leicheng No. 1 Primary School.

------------

4-29-10
Taixing, China
47-year old knife attacker stabs and wounds 28 children and three adults at Zhongxin Kindergarten

Other Asian countries have also seen these kind of knife attacks

6-8-01
Ikeda, Osaka Prefecture, Japan
Mamoru Takuma, 37, killed eight kids and wounded 13 kids and two teachers at Ikeda Elementary School.   

---------

9-4-02
Seoul, South Korea
A man identified only as Hwang, 53, stabbed and wounded nine students at Neung Dong Church Elementary School. 

---------

2-14-05
Neyagawa, Osaka Prefecture, Japan
A 17-year-old boy stabs three teachers. 1 dead, 2 injured at Chuo Elementary School.

--------------------

9-9-05
Bangkok, Thailand
Jitrada Tantiwanich-ayasuk, 31 stabberd four students at St. Joseph Convent (Middle) School. 

---------

1-5-08
Tokyo, Japan
A 16-year-old boy attacked shoppers with knives, injuring two.

----------

3-23-08
Tsuchiura, Ibaraki prefecture, Japan
Masahiro Kanagawa, 24, stabbed eight people, killing one, outside a mall.

-------------

6-8-08
Tokyo, Japan
Tomohiro Kato, 25, rammed a truck into pedestrians, then slashed his way with a survival knife through Sunday shopping crowds, killing seven people and wounding 10.

It should be mentioned that the western nations have also seen these kind of knife attacks

3-94
Middlesbrough, England
Stephen Wilkinson, 29, stabbed a 12-year-old to death and slashed two other girls at Hall Garth comprehensive school.

-----------

7-8-96
Blakenhall, Wolverhampton, England
Machete-wielding maniac Horrett Campbell stabs three children and four adults at St. Luke's Primary School.

---------------

4-20-00
Ottawa, Canada
Stabbing attacks by a 15yr-old left five people wounded in a local high school.

----------------

2-2- 01
Felton, PA
William Michael Stankewicz, 56, ex-schoolteacher, conducts machete attack on a kindergarten class that wounded 11 children, the principal, and two teachers at Winterstown Elementary School.

-----------------

5-7-01
Anchorage, AK
Jason Pritchard, 33, four injured in rage stabbing Mountain View Elementary.

--------------

6-29-03
Irvine, California(Orange County)
Joseph Hunter Parker, 30, killed two people with a samurai sword at a supermarket.

-------------

11-24-04
Indiana, USA
James Lewerke, 15, stabbed seven of his classmates at Valparaiso High School.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
It is not the killers who are at fault in these cases it is the knives. We should ban all knives worldwide just to be safe from these types of things.

Please ban together with me and outlaw all knives.
Also I think all blunt objects should be closely regulated also.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Having just read the BBC version (China searches for answers after school attacks ), I was initially appalled by these acts. As I read it, I began to wonder if it's an outcome of increasing industrialisation and capitalism. As China develops along the same lines as Western economies, perhaps this will continue?

In part, it reflects the social tension caused by rampant corruption and inequality. But Prof Ji points out that there is a lack of social and psychological support in the rapidly changing society.

"In the past, China's workers used to have social support from the unions or women's associations. They used to provide quite adequate support. It's now quite weak." This is especially true in smaller cities and towns.

In a country where people used to be looked after from cradle to grave, the social change has not only left many Chinese without their traditional support mechanism but also pushed a large number of people into relative poverty. And the income gap is widening further between the rich and poor.

Familiar stresses? Sounds a lot like us in the West to me.

Just my impression.

top topics

join