It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't help but think....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I can't help but think, is this whole immigration "problem", and i use that term VERY loosely, something to just start up a complete swipe through America to get rid of "Immigrants"? And i use that word very loosely as well.

Dose this not remind anyone of Hitler, saying the Jews are the problem, and riding of them?

"Nah, Immigration is a problem! its been increasing a lot in the past 20 years!"

Sadly, that's how long it takes to condition a generation.

Personally, Immigration being a problem is like saying wind current is a problem, or ocean current. Hell, its like saying birds migrating is a problem.

People have just let themselves go into such a secluded mind set, that they believe the world to be 195 mini worlds, called countries.

This world needs a whole bunch of fixin'. Or a memory wipe

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This immigration problem is stressful. On one side, you want to help the foreigner, and give him an opportunity to prosper, although at the same time, you want him off the country because he is taking your job. Here is one solution i can think of! Make more jobs here in America, and start coming up with cooler NEWER industries. Start making more American brand products, get the ball moving once again. Either that, or bring back our Military from the middle east, and send them to Mexico and "help" them get their # together. You see, a lot of these problems are happening due to our military men and women being elsewhere but home. Our Military could be doing so much right now to help the community, but no... they are off doing the mans dirty work.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Wow. Um, obviously your out east. It is a problem. Most of the work they do in my hometown, is under minimum wage under the table.

Comparing one states decision to hitler, really? Look at the crime rate in arizona, expecially grand theft of vehicles, and how many are illegals. Something drastic has to be done. We aren't putting these humans to death...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Selfsecurity

No offence, but what was the excuse that was used in the last holocaust?

History repeats itself.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
There is a major difference between sticking people in a gas chamber, and sending them safely back to a country which they swear allegiance, and are citizens.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with immigration per se, but people should go though proper channels. This involves filling out paperwork in accordance with the rule of the law.

It is an insult to legal immigrants, who have jumped through all sorts of work to get to their country of choice, to grant amnisty to illegal immigrants, who have shown from their very first act in their new country a flouting of respect for the rule of law.

Most countries demand, quite reasonably, that their immigrants understand and adhere to the laws in their new country of choice. Those who think America's treatment of illegals is soooooo unfair may wish to investigate MEXICO's policies regarding illegal immigration. For example:

-- The Mexican government will bar foreigners if they upset "the equilibrium of the national demographics." How's that for racial and ethnic profiling?

-- If outsiders do not enhance the country's "economic or national interests" or are "not found to be physically or mentally healthy," they are not welcome. Neither are those who show "contempt against national sovereignty or security." They must not be economic burdens on society and must have clean criminal histories. Those seeking to obtain Mexican citizenship must show a birth certificate, provide a bank statement proving economic independence, pass an exam and prove they can provide their own health care.

-- Illegal entry into the country is equivalent to a felony punishable by two years' imprisonment. Document fraud is subject to fine and imprisonment; so is alien marriage fraud. Evading deportation is a serious crime; illegal re-entry after deportation is punishable by ten years' imprisonment. Foreigners may be kicked out of the country without due process and the endless bites at the litigation apple that illegal aliens are afforded in our country (see, for example, President Obama's illegal alien aunt -- a fugitive from deportation for eight years who is awaiting a second decision on her previously rejected asylum claim).

-- Law enforcement officials at all levels -- by national mandate -- must cooperate to enforce immigration laws, including illegal alien arrests and deportations. The Mexican military is also required to assist in immigration enforcement operations. Native-born Mexicans are empowered to make citizens' arrests of illegal aliens and turn them in to authorities.

-- Ready to show your papers? Mexico's National Catalog of Foreigners tracks all outside tourists and foreign nationals. A National Population Registry tracks and verifies the identity of every member of the population, who must carry a citizens' identity card. Visitors who do not possess proper documents and identification are subject to arrest as illegal aliens.

source

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Dose this not remind anyone of Hitler, saying the Jews are the problem, and riding of them?

dude, dont even compare the 2 ok

Hitler killed millions

we're just sending illegals back home

a huge freakin difference !!!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Thank you.

It blows my mind, that this is literally making news. In a negative manor.

If anything is out to brain wash us concerning this topic it is, that its ok to let them come here illegally and take blue collared american's jobs for less money.

No that isn't a problem(sarcasm)

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Obviously people are under the impression that the way it is, should stay.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

I think that something has to be done to deal with the problem. I don't believe that the current bill will solve the problem.

Although taking an extreme, I do believe will come to a healthy medium. Also forcing the issue to be more publicly addressed, and handled.

new topics

top topics

join