It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little bit about Islam

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I believe almost everyone is in need of a refresher course of the history of Islam.

Prophets

In the Qur'an there are 25 prophets.

You, most likely, only know one of them. (Muhammed)

I will only tell you 3.

The First Prophet

Prophet Adam- The first man that was created by Allah. Adam and Eve enough said.

The 24th Prophet

Prophet Isa- Prophet Isa is more commonly known as Jesus Christ. Muslims do not believe that Prophet Isa died on the cross. We acknowledge Prophet Isa as a prophet of Allah, but we do not believe that he is the SON of Allah.

The Final Prophet

Prophet Muhammed- The last prophet and the only one to deliver the Qur'an. Muhammed was the one to deliver the Qur'an when he was just 40 years old. At that age Muhammed could not read or write.

I have heard many accounts of Prophet Muhammed's 9 year old wife. What almost all of them forget to mention is that it was Abu-Bakr, a friend of Muhammed's, who pleaded him for 3 years to marry his daughter. Finally Muhammed agreed but he treated her with the utmost respect.

Muhammed was known, before he was a prophet, as Al-Amin. Which means honest

[Size=7] Time frame

Prophet Muhammed fit the time frame of each prophet. Each prophet was revealed every 600 years after the next. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it approximately 600 years after Prophet Isa that Prophet Muhammed claimed he was a prophet?

This is the first installment in a series....

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
And this is important because......

2nd line

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the introduction of the prophets of Islam. But this doesn't fit in the "new world order" board. BTW Moses is my favorite prophet in Islam.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

I've seen a lot of hate towards Islam and I feel people should know the basics of the Qur'an and before they spout of nonsense towards a religion.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I know I sent a u2u to a moderator and asked him to move the thread.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

That's good. If you can post some links that will result in you having to use less text.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I have read the quran. Please see my thread located in my signature.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I know I sent a u2u to a moderator and asked him to move the thread.

Freedom of speech is dead now is it?

You are pro only your version of the truth being told?

There is already far too much control on what is supposed to be free speech on message boards.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Trublue]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Yes, believe it or not I read it also. I'm no expert but I felt it was important to know Islam or at least the basics.

Ooops He was right there never mind.

Edit to correct

[edit on 29-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Yes it is a wonderful book of love isn't it.

Sura 3 verse 28 "A Muslim shall not befriend a non Muslim."

Sura 98 verse 6 says "People of the book that means Jews, Christians and Shalobayays are the most evil of all creatures."

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
At least Aussies can be honest - something Europeans etc seem unable to do.

Islam, A Problem In Australia (Islam prohibits integration)

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

What are you xenophobic?

I
Self
Lord
And
Master

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

That is biased, out of context, and just not right.

It is this kind of hate spewing that makes the extremist think they are right and that turns people against the Qur'an.

These actions were said to help the present stage of the fighting with Mecca. And since you did read the Qur'an you do know why Muhammed and his followers had to flee from Mecca?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublue

You too Trublu, you're the kind of person that voted for Pauline Hanson.

The bible speaks about homosexuals etc, no intelligent person takes it literally. We have a family of muslims as friends.

I'm and Australian, and I'm saying you are a xenophobe...

Anyone who shows John Howard is some kind of positive light, is unAustralian.

Ooohhoo How generic of me.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
holly is that u? ugh i really hope it is not

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Yes, believe it or not I read it also. I'm no expert but I felt it was important to know Islam or at least the basics.

Ooops He was right there never mind.

Edit to correct

[edit on 29-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

It's all right no hard feelings there.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier

What are you xenophobic?

I
Self
Lord
And
Master

That gave me a chuckle, thanks

Line 2

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
reply to post by Trublue

You too Trublu, you're the kind of person that voted for Pauline Hanson.

The bible speaks about homosexuals etc, no intelligent person takes it literally. We have a family of muslims as friends.

I'm and Australian, and I'm saying you are a xenophobe...

Anyone who shows John Howard is some kind of positive light, is unAustralian.

Better then being ignorant!!!

Secret European Union-agreements with 10 European and North African Countries

The EU and the Danish governmental CCD have signed a cooperation agreement with the Islamic Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization, whose goal acc. to art. 5a of the ISESCO-Charter is to spread Muslim thinking and life style throughout the world.

And we will influence the curricula of the schools to become multicultural by means of revision of existing textbooks and educational materials.

We will arrange giant Muslim Youth Festivals - like the 'Images of The Middle East', which lasted 6 weeks in 2006 in Denmark.

In a correspondence, the Danish Prime Minister on Sept. 12, 2006 refused to inform why his government gives in to the above educational policy initiated by the Arab League and the EU.

2002, Louis Michel, then Belgian Foreign Minister and current member of the European Commission: "The EU will cover the whole Mediterranean region including North Africa and the Middle East." (Brussels Journal 27 March 2007).

balder.org...

Oxford University Press has removed other words associated with Christianity and British history from Britain’s leading dictionary for children, the Oxford Junior Dictionary. Words like “bishop,” “chapel,” “abbey,” “saint,” “monarch” and “empire” have been axed. The publisher claims the changes are made to “reflect the fact that Britain is a modern, multicultural, multifaith society.”

www.brusselsjournal.com...

This next video is also good for showing us the dangers of Islam.

Learn much more on my thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Trublue]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublue

Listen, I'm not going to sit here and argue with a bigot - because you will never change your mind. So while you're listening to Alan Jones, I'm going to enjoy life.

Maybe instead of being so xenophobic we helped these people assimilate and acclimatise to our "way of life" what ever that means. There would be alot less tension.

I mean this with the utmost offense to you, but you are the second person to go on my Ignore list.... Good day.

You have added Trublue to your Ignore List. Refresh the current page to remove their posts from the thread.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla

It's all right no hard feelings there.

Fair enough, now.

Is this thread going to be about strictly the religion of Islam only or is Muslim fanaticism and the twisting of Muhammads words going to be on the table?

Because you and I both know there is plenty of that going on. Before I get flamed NO! I feel the same way about any faith. Every faith has their bad apples.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join