It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont read this thread. For the love of GOD!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
after watching this i promised to never cuss the brother again.

www.youtube.com... part 1

www.youtube.com...

michael knew!

thanks for the earth song vid, its going on my facebook right now

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

I loved that song when it came on in...95ish i guess?
Really was such an awesome song.... After his attempt at creating a great "Earthy" song failed with "Heal the world" which I hated, And I was a big fan, although I appreciated the lyrics and sentiment.

Earth song is definitely an amazing song and has powerful imagery and lyrics.

It's true what you say and this song is as powerful and resonates as much, if not more now, than it did 15 years ago.

Peace

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

I'm sorry.

I see him and All I see is a Pedophile.

Good Riddence to Bad Rubbish.

Rich celebrities are constantly getting sued by people for fake reasons just to get their money.

It's amazing how many people know about this one thing that may or may not have happened but even without knowing the truth they will bash him on it.

When I see posts like that I think "Wow", MJ had done so many good things but lately I've seen more and more negative comments against him.

He went all over the world to help people and yet people will still say "Good Riddance?"

I Guess this is the world we live in. Even when people strive to help others their whole life they can be hated.

Amazing.

Just wanted to add - Only person I believe is worthy of a "Good Riddance" after they've died is Hitler.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Kalcicle]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
well..i give up..people only want gloom and doom, it seems..

I'm glad you kept up! No doom and gloom here.

I've been awake for two hours and found out that September 21st is International Peace Day - recognized by every member country in the U.N.

I've heard of peace and standing up to "the man" from 3 different people!

I added the video to my Facebook account (no challenge; I've been told I'm pretty good at embedding
)

People standing up for what is humane! It's a great day!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Ahh, I got "suckered" in here by your title, and I'm so glad I did

I really LOVE that video. MJ was really on to something with this (and the clumsier attempt with Heal the World). From one hippie type to another, thanks for the reminder :-)

*edit cause I can't spell

[edit on 4/30/2010 by CeltAngel]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

The darn video takes forever to download with dial up. But the never cared much about MJ.
Protecting the rain forest however is of utmost importance for the good of the whole planet.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

This video was shot on 4 continents, all which are in some form of distress created by man and his technology.

It is not because of man and his technology.

It is because men are inspired by the profit incentive.

Our mismanagement of technology comes from a deeper place.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
dp

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Haydn_17]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
27 flags of a Michael Jackson video? Am i missing something

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I love MJ, but this is a worthless thread.

Read this: Love, happiness, be happy! - you've read the thread.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I just want to start this thread saying..I really dont know where to stick it...ok..no jokes..anyway...so Grey Area it is..

I've been coming here to ATS for awhile..long before I joined..reading..gathering knowledge..putting up with crazies..listening to everyone..

I know it is a conspiracy site..I know we are all a bit "different" here than others...you can define that for yourself..but all of us here..are not the "norm"..whatever you choose to believe that is.

Having said that...I have to say..ALL of the world's problems are simple..really..we are so self centered and caught up in our own little world..we forget that we are a TOTAL world...meaning..each and every one of us..are alive..living breathing beings..and we are here on this little blue planet together..

No matter that there is life out there..I do believe there is..we cant be responsible for them..all we can do is be responsible for US...each one of us..daily...also..we cant control our government..as much as we'd like to..

There will come a time when "they" show themselves to us..STOP focusing on it..focus on what we can do, TODAY..on our little blue ball..

Wake up tomorrow..this is a challenge to you..wake up and say..I AM HAPPY..dont worry about DOING it..just BE it..once you say that to yourself..nothing else can happen, BUT happy..it works...say to yourself..IM ABUNDANT...it works..it does!!! Ive seen it happen in my own life...

I'm on the same side as you!
The Americanist
(view all blogs)

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Great OP. All we really need is love. It sounds so Pollyanna and cliche, but it is TRUE.

I love you way you spelled it all out.

Can you imagine if we all stopped judging each other? (MJ included)

We all have a reason for being here that's totally different from everyone else. Why can't we see that and accept, just accept and allow.

I have begun doing this. At times I catch myself judging, and I course correct. I have to say that things change very quickly when you focus on unconditional acceptance. Avenues open that would not have.

I am loving it, and it gets easier with each passing day.

Ironic how difficult it is to be happy these days! But with a little work and allowance, it is very, very doable.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Anytime the Main Strem Media demonized someone I am highly suspicious of that. I NEVER believe what they(MSM) have to say ever, but i guess that's pretty much everything and everyone too. i can honestly say that I don't really like MJ, but I agree with your message. S&F!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

WOW...!!
First off star and flag for a great thread...
From as far back as i can remember i knew i was different...or my thought process was "different" to most people...i could never really understand in what way i was "different" but after coming to the ATS comunity i'm beginning to understand that i'm NOT alone.
At the same time it's like i always knew that MJ was "different" to most artist's that were putting them selves out there...i don't know what it was but i just knew something was going on...and i never realy cared for the "pop" genre in the first place...(AC/DC is more my style...lol)..
I get what your trying to say and i think the author Richard Bach said it best in his novel "Illusions".....life is a movie...and we are the director...and the lead actor of that movie...in short life is what you make it...if you want it to be a tragedy..it will be a tragedy...if you want it to be a comedy it will be a comedy...and if you want it to be a love story it will be a love story...what you "believe" to be true...will be true...for you!!
I guess what i'm trying to say is THANKS...thanks for making me think....about.....life....love....happyness....the...earth....the....universe....and.....everything..!!!

PS...good to see someone uses the period key as much as i .....do......lol

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Excellent posts by some of you..Im glad that you can relate to what I was trying to say here

Some of you, I know dont understand why I posted the MJ video..its really not to bring him up (may he RIP)..its the fact that this video is one of the most powerful messages Ive ever seen..and yes, I cry every time I watch it.. almost like my soul is mourning, it actually hurts.

I just think that we all can change the world..our world, the one we are "in"..just by "being", you dont have to "do"..just be..does that make sense?

That, in turn, will change the entire world..just by waking up and "being" happy..you WILL be happy, you wont be able to do things that make you unhappy..like flipping off the driver that cut you off
We spend so much time in our lives trying to do, trying to reach that ultimate goal..when its always just been there, just by being.

Ok..and yes..I use tons of ellipses..rofl..I guess because I pause alot when I talk

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Yep MSM always do a great job of painting a picture of a paedophile, so that his messages aren't taken on face value. An often misunderstood lyrical genius delivering songs with potent messages about how disgusting the TPTB and their iron wheels of progress have brought our planet to its knees. Its not like they haven't done it before.
OP it is a great song and it's meaning will always strike a strong chord in the hearts of those of us that care. R.I.P Michael Jackson his songs will live on and teach generations to come the pitfalls of power and corruption.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Thank you for the video.

I have no idea why this thread is becomming a kinda, "Wtf is Michael doing here?" thread. This thread is about staying happy, being happy, spreading happiness and being considerate about things around us.

It only so happens that Michael Jackson created a song that relates and is a perfect video to post to aid the OP's message.

I read here and there that Michael Jackson is this and that and so forth... It's so embarrasing to live in a world where a man like Michael Jackson has to be remembered for his alleged child molestation instead of the fact that he is one of the VERY FEW musicians in this world with SOMETHING TO SAY!

Let me make a wild comparison and don't hang me with it.

Some of Michael Jacksons music/messages/songs were way ahead of time as Nikola Tesla's ideas of free electricity!

Don't hang me on it, it's just so you understand what I mean.

Also, an artist like Michael Jackson is destined to be attacked by so many simply because his message was too strong to go unnoticed. His ideas of this world, for some, were "unrealistic".

Now, let's keep this to being about US trying to make a better world, and not about Michael Jackson.

Thank you OP for your message! The title is a little misleading, but it sure did make people look!

- S.V.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
[edit on 30-4-2010 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
this should make "some" of you think....

michael jackson was/is the closest anyone in our era has come to being christ like. his message in all his songs clearly show he had a jesus complex. and a 1000-2000 years from now a religion will most likely grow out of it. (oh wait already done)

www.facebook.com...

he, if he is dead should be canonized as a saint for all the humanitarian stuff he did. to those people who curse him call him pedofile, wacko jacko prove your claims or be silent. ask yourself, which one of you has come close to helping mankind as he did? now i personally dont believe he is dead. (lack of evidence), perhaps i will start a thread with the info that shows he could be alive.
anyways great thread star and flag for remembering a saint, no a KING...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I just think that we all can change the world..our world, the one we are "in"..just by "being", you dont have to "do"..just be..does that make sense?

That, in turn, will change the entire world..just by waking up and "being" happy..you WILL be happy, you wont be able to do things that make you unhappy..like flipping off the driver that cut you off
We spend so much time in our lives trying to do, trying to reach that ultimate goal..when its always just been there, just by being.

Ok..and yes..I use tons of ellipses..rofl..I guess because I pause alot when I talk

Sometimes I think the SIMPLICITY fools people. You really can DECIDE to just BE, no matter what your outside world is showing you.

And by changing your view, your world will begin to change.

DO LESS, CHOOSE MORE

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join