It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Who is the better President? Bush or Obama?

page: 4
5
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis
I vote for Bush! At least he backed Israel! Obama, I believe has an inward hatred for Israel. There is a blessing for those who bless Israel and there is a curse on those who curse Israel. Obama is bring a curse upon America.



Yes, I'm sure the guy who has Rahm Emmanuel, whose father is rather infamous in Israel and Israeli security, as his chief of staff is against Israel.

God bless countries that commit genocide.




posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis
I vote for Bush! At least he backed Israel! Obama, I believe has an inward hatred for Israel. There is a blessing for those who bless Israel and there is a curse on those who curse Israel. Obama is bring a curse upon America.



I have just spent a week with the Israeli Army, I was checking out their martial arts program.
They showed me 15 ways to kick a Palestinian Woman in the back!



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalek
I have just spent a week with the Israeli Army, I was checking out their martial arts program.
They showed me 15 ways to kick a Palestinian Woman in the back!


Wow that is really mean of them, How is your back by the way? Maybe you can sue them?

Line 2


[edit on 30-4-2010 by prionace glauca]



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
There was a comparison between Bush and a Paper-Clip that showed the paper-clip would make a better president than Bush. I'd liken Obama to a paper-clip in that he does next to nothing. As such, he is better than Bush.



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Wow that is really mean of them, How is your back by the way? Maybe you can sue them?


[edit on 30-4-2010 by prionace glauca]


touché

[edit on 30-4-2010 by dalek]

[edit on 30-4-2010 by dalek]



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Bush is obviously worse...but that's not a great accomplishment since being worse than Bush is nearly impossible.

- Government spending: Bush was worse than any president in history!! 'nough said!

- Foreign relations: It would be hard to top Bush's accomplishment of completely obliterating the US's image internationally. Afghanistan...Iraq...secret torture prisons, soldiers taking pics with naked potentially innocent prisoners. Well done!

- Economy: Who allowed his Goldman Sachs mistress to do whatever she wants? Who allowed the FED to cut down on regulations, consequently endangering hundreds of thousands of people and their savings (nationally and internationally)? Guess what, the crisis happened before Obama came to power! The economy recovered a bit since Obama came to power, that's not a bad accomplishment.

- Citizen rights: Patriot act, wiretaps without warrants, forcing telecom companies to hand over data on thousands of private citizens, and the list goes on. No other president in US history cut down on US citizens' rights as much as Bush. The small HC tax is a total joke in comparison...at least it'll have some positive effects on millions of people's lives.

I love how suddenly all those Bush vs Obama blog posts and forum threads pop up. It's as if some genius mastermind who knows that if people see those 2 names together (no matter the content of any message underneath) they will associate them in their subconscious mind. Bush was evidently not a very liked president when he left office...so naturally your subconscious mind might also transfer those negative Bush feelings over to Obama. GENIUS!!

Obviously that works only with totally blind sheep who don't look at the facts



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ


I love how suddenly all those Bush vs Obama blog posts and forum threads pop up. It's as if some genius mastermind who knows that if people see those 2 names together (no matter the content of any message underneath) they will associate them in their subconscious mind. Bush was evidently not a very liked president when he left office...so naturally your subconscious mind might also transfer those negative Bush feelings over to Obama. GENIUS!!

Obviously that works only with totally blind sheep who don't look at the facts



a good point!
The right wing are reinventing themselves and trying to disassociate itself from "W"
The ironic thing is that while they applauded the patriot act installation "as a safeguard against terrorism",
NOW,
with a Democrat President in the White-house,
a lot of them now wear wigs and spiritually "channel" the founding fathers on the protection of "LIBERTY" in the 21st Century!
They didn't give a damn about it during "W" terms of office, so why should we listen to them now?



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dalek
 


They're strategy is simple: PLAY WITH PEOPLE'S EMOTIONS!!

It doesn't matter if whatever you say is the truth, or even what you really intend on doing once you get to power...as long as it touches people's feelings, and makes them vote instinctively without thinking first, that's a great strategy.

Mention the word "progressive", and people will be automatically against it...doesn't matter if whatever that "progressive" is for is good or bad...all that matters is that he's a progressive and therefore everything he does/says is bad.

On one hand it's annoying to see so much stupidity...on the other it's incredibly entertaining to watch them grasp at straws trying to reinvent them. Sadly people have short memories, and people will forget that they're voting for people who stand for the exactly same thing as their old idols. I mean...Palin? She's just a dumber female version of Bush. And it wasn't easy to write someone's dumber than Bush...but I think she deserves that crown.



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


Indeed, Palin is the new hope for the GOP grass roots and she has been milking that affection during the Tea party rallies lately.

But I also think she is a simple stalking horse and when the elections come around she will advise her supporters to vote for whoever Fox news / GOP tell her to endorse!

She's a nice gnarish, but no real meat. and GOP know that.


[I have described her as diplomatically as I could]



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalek
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


Indeed, Palin is the new hope for the GOP grass roots and she has been milking that affection during the Tea party rallies lately.

But I also think she is a simple stalking horse and when the elections come around she will advise her supporters to vote for whoever Fox news / GOP tell her to endorse!

She's a nice gnarish, but no real meat. and GOP know that.


[I have described her as diplomatically as I could]



Yea she really can't quite move the masses like Obama and his "Negro Dialect"....as Harry Reid put it". So what dialect did Obama use for you, was it the Apple Hip Dialect or the yo yo ma' brotha'.



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca
 


I'd assume it was probably the fact that he's got about as many brain cells in his pinky finger as Palin in her entire body. That woman's only good at one thing, playing the "hockey mom from next door". Her message isn't all that important, as long as people go all "she's like me...or like I wanna be", and as long as she's using certain key words to trigger emotional responses from people.

Keywords:

- 9/11
- communism
- socialism
- I pray to God that [insert random message that fits her agenda]
- spending (hilarious since Republicans always spent more historically)
- terrorism
- progressives (often used by air quoting)
- Stalin
- Nazi Germany
- abortion



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
after reading the entire thread i still gotta ask; wtf kind of question is that?

does it even matter?

i suppose a simple "A" or "B" answer is possible if you are the type of person that still believes that voting in a presidential election actually carries some sort of significance or is hanging on to the profane notion that politicians are somehow competent leaders.

the question perfectly exemplifies the political situation in the US. two parties? no. just one that is kinda bipolar. (and off it's meds.)



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
After careful thought and looking at all things, I would say Obama. The main reason is that even though Bush was not a good president, he was a leader, and acted as such, nor did he try to ban the press, even when they were going hard on him. Obama and those who are supporting him are acting like the Nixon adminstration in that aspect, targeting the press that does not give him favorable review. Even when people were protesting Bush, all he stated was that the protestors had the right to be there, Obama, well closing a park and sending the press away does not bode well.



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig
 


You can't be serious? Are you seriously claiming this administration is LESS transparent than Bush's administration?



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by prionace glauca
 


I'd assume it was probably the fact that he's got about as many brain cells in his pinky finger as Palin in her entire body. That woman's only good at one thing, playing the "hockey mom from next door". Her message isn't all that important, as long as people go all "she's like me...or like I wanna be", and as long as she's using certain key words to trigger emotional responses from people.

Keywords:

- 9/11
- communism
- socialism
- I pray to God that [insert random message that fits her agenda]
- spending (hilarious since Republicans always spent more historically)
- terrorism
- progressives (often used by air quoting)
- Stalin
- Nazi Germany
- abortion


How many brain cells does it take to read a Teleprompter? And he can't even do that right..



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca
 


Maybe he should have used Palin's "note hand technique"


I don't care how they deliver the message, I'm more concerned about the content of the message. THAT's intelligence...I can teach a robot how to read from a teleprompter, that's not intelligence. When it comes to content, Obama's miles ahead of Palin.



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by prionace glauca
 


Maybe he should have used Palin's "note hand technique"


I don't care how they deliver the message, I'm more concerned about the content of the message. THAT's intelligence...I can teach a robot how to read from a teleprompter, that's not intelligence. When it comes to content, Obama's miles ahead of Palin.


It takes quite the amount to brain cells to have the "HAND-EYE" coordination you know. Also the stuff in that teleprompter is not something he writes, its something he is programed to speak, I am glad we both agree to that it doesn't equate to intelligence.

Palin wrote her own original notes out,



[edit on 30-4-2010 by prionace glauca]



posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I would pick Neither!!!!!
Our country was imprisoned when our leaders sold us to the federal reserve. Our freedoms became officially owned in 1913. The president is a small puppet for this system.



posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn
 





Neither. Bush began the rush to tyranny and Obama is just continuing it. It's the biggest con game in history and way too many are falling for it. Text


Took the words right out of my mouth.

It's time for a news flash people: Comparisons like these are an exercise in futility. There is no better example of this to be found than with a comparison between Bush and Obama. Have you forgotten who's calling the shots in the U.S.? The president's work will only be a reflection of whatever's on the agenda of the shadow government.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by NightGypsy]



posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rizla
 





There was a comparison between Bush and a Paper-Clip that showed the paper-clip would make a better president than Bush. I'd liken Obama to a paper-clip in that he does next to nothing. As such, he is better than Bush. Text


Wow! I would sure like to review the research papers relating to this highly scientific study! Now, see, these are the kinds of studies that are going to break the political arena wide open!



new topics

top topics



 
5
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join