It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the better President? Bush or Obama?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
My grandmother always taught me, wisely I might add, that whenever one is faced with the choice of the lesser of two evils, one should always choose neither. Just because one is told they that have two evils to choose from doesn't mean those are the only two choices to make.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
Neither.

There has not been a President in the USA since the late John F. Kennedy, Last President and Martyr of the Republic.

Amen to that.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Bush 43 was one of the worst presidents in history.

So far, Obama has been average.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Bush was definitely worse..

but Obama still has plenty of time to catch up to Bush's impressive list of failures.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Peace Pipe

Hmm they are so hard to tell apart the both seem to have exactly the same agenda but the only thing that is different is the flock they are preaching to.

They are one in the same and controlled by the same exact money. Democrats need to wake up and see this just like the alot of Republicans have about their own party. When this happens we will see positive change for once in this country. Until then they will just keep making up make believe things for us to argue about while they sit back and laugh their as* off.

I think the majority is stupid and comfortable to ever figure this simple game out.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Hard to say who's better, but that's only because "better" is a positive descriptive term and doesn't seem to apply. Bush could be said to be "worse" in my view. Only so far. But in so many ways.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Peace Pipe

Obama would win this contest any day, Bush is more like a stand-up comedian than a modern day leader. We need politicians that are willing to talk to opponents, work to reduce the worlds nuclear arsenal, reduce our dependance on fossil fuel, redistributing the wealth and work for equality, freedom and unity.

But if Obama really is just a puppet for TPTB we might have a problem, because the world are suffering from Obamamania, my native Norway as well. Might be an easy swoop for them :/

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNorthernLight
[more

So let me get this straight you believe in the TPTB but you think Obama is better then Bush? Maybe they are just both mouth pieces and you like him because this time around they are pandering to your side.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Lets see, Bush sold our rights out to the Military industrial complex and oil companies. Obama has sold our rights to the banks and insurance companies. Yea pretty sure they are both about a 1 on a scale of 1 to 10.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
Lets see, Bush sold our rights out to the Military industrial complex and oil companies. Obama has sold our rights to the banks and insurance companies. Yea pretty sure they are both about a 1 on a scale of 1 to 10.

You see the truth also.
They both are heading in the same direction just on different paths.

Republicans= Move slow the people are catching on.

Democrats= Move fast the people are sleeping on the job.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Yea, up until recently I was part of the republican movement. After browsing their boards for about a year or so I decided to go my own way. Never could understand how people can be so against big government and take up for republicans the way they do. Regardless, getting banned for debating how small our government should be, (while simultaneously bashing the former president) was enough of an eye opener for me. I got enough of the New Deal, I demand a revision LOL.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

They are both the very same party. We dont have a two party system it is a lie made up for us. It is called controlled opposition.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
reply to post by TheNorthernLight
[more

So let me get this straight you believe in the TPTB but you think Obama is better then Bush? Maybe they are just both mouth pieces and you like him because this time around they are pandering to your side.

Yes, exactly. I know it can be hard to understand, but I prefer peace over war, even when it's an illusion, and I'm able to keep several thoughts in my mind at once. In this world things happen at many different levels, and the more of these you're able to consider, the wiser I believe you will become.

I don't know Barack nor George personally, but I would rather have an articulate diplomat leading the US than an illiterate jihadist (in Bush's holy war against "terror", he used the same methods as the alleged Al Qaida, saying God fights for him). And I do prefer Joe Biden to Dick Cheney.

But I was just trying to let you know I'm aware that it's not all that important whether the Democrats or the Republicans hold office, but I STILL believe Obama is a nicer puppet, than the grandson of nazi-Prescott. I do believe Obama's political solutions are way better than Bush's, since the OP asked.

Thanks for listening, peace and love.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Thats a tough one. I see that as being given the choice between having a broken left leg or a broken right leg. Considering I voted for Bush twice out of a complete lack of choice I'd have to say Bush. At least he wasn't a complete demagogue as is Obama.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I think we need to level this playing field out just a little more by comparing Obama to Carter. The years of Carter era inflation will soon be upon us if we continue at the current pace.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Isnt this kind of like asking "Which would you rather have, ass cancer or face cancer?"

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
You do realize in this day and age the office of President isn't about leadership as much as he/she is the spokesman for corporate and political interest groups...

In light of that fact the old dude who does all the Ronco ad's is a better pitchman...

Maybe next time they can get George Foreman????

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Bush was really a terrible governor and a terrible president. Some Texans try to warn the rest of the country, but they wouldn't listen to us. Just like how they ignore us on Rick Perry. We hope he never runs for president.

It's really to early to tell if Obama will be worse. Obama is continuing some of Bush's policies as others have said, but Obama was also left with a huge mess to clean up. The Neocons left the country in a complete mess much like a house used by frat boys for a wild weekend kegger.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d8469f24306.jpg[/atsimg]

I think this pretty much sums it up. Republicans are Satans' spawns who try to destroy America. On top of that, they try to blame the Democrats for their own crimes. Frame them. That's how they operate. Lies, deceiving, framing, torture, murder war..

They're turning the world upside down, and that results the situation we're in now.
Oh yeah, Obama wouldn't probably had been elected if he wouldn't drive the same agendas than the whole Skull & Bones coven.

America has been hijacked. But everyone knows that.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Are you serious?

uhhhhh.... Obama

Miss me yet????? Hardly!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join