It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Nail in the offical story! Sept 12th 1970 4 planes hijacked by Islamic Jihad!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by theability

Er. Not really, no. Or are you saying it's similar because despite the different methods, outcome, countries involved, flight types, airline and personnel it has the same number as one of the 9/11 flights?

If so then I'm not sure what to say.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

Why don't you read the entire thread it speaks for itself.

For the Bush admin to say they didn't know planes are weapons, or that they didn't know the possiblity that planes would be used in the manner they were on 911, isn't true.

The FAA and the Military has know it since the inception of aviation.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peace Pipe

No I just think that this proves that it is possible for terrorists to hijack four jets, so it supports the Official Story.

Exactly Peace Pipe, perhaps we wont hear anymore about how could 19 " cave-dwellers" (sic) pull off 9/11 but I am not holding my breath.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by theability
The Federal government says they have no idea that hijacking planes was a threat is total lie!

I don't necessarily disagree with the overall sentiment but I hate strawman arguments. You start by saying the federal government "said" they had no idea hijackings were a threat. First the federal government is not a person and second of course they knew that hijackings were a possible threat - what do you think led to the election of Ronald Reagan?

Unless you have some specific quotes of people saying that they had no idea a plane could possibly be hijacked then this is not proof of anything and even then it'd just be proof that the government employee was an illiterate uneducated moron. I think the sentiment at the time was that they didn't realize planes could be used to bring down the WTC but several people did see that as a possible threat before 9/11.

I mean, we did have security prior to 9/11 it was just amped way up after 9/11. You still had baggage screening. El Al had insane security measures prior to 9/11 because they understood the threat.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Pre 9/11, government had felt for some time that terrorist hijackings were less of a threat due to better security and alteration of terrorists' methods. They assumed that if hijackings did occur they would follow the same pattern as they had in the 70s, rather like in the example you give. So they were surprised when the methodology changed.

The hijackers in the story you link to were of a different political and religious stripe to those who carried out the 9/11 attacks. Dominated by secular leftist thinking - their comrades had even trained with the RAF in Palestine - instead of theological concerns, not suicidal, not even particularly murderous. Their causes were even different.

There hadn't been any major hijackings for nearly 30 years. And even those were completely different in character. So to suggest that someone - who you don't name - is purposely misleading you when they suggest that 9/11 was surprising from a security point of view is somewhat short sighted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join