It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT Teams Dispatched To Gulf Oil Rigs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The president announced he is sending SWAT teams to inspect each oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico.

Why not construction inspectors? Aren't SWAT teams trained to identify criminal activities and explosives?

From the moment Obama announced he was opening the coasts to the massive deposits of oil and natural gas, I took it not as bowing to pressure from the oil companies but the exact opposite.

Many people believe the war in Iraq was designed to cut the flow of oil when Sadam threatened to increase production above his allowed level.

If you try for a second to forget all the propaganda that has been spread about Obama and consider that he may be opposed to TPTB, the possibility that the oil rig was destroyed by the oil cartel is not far fetched.

Suddenly Obama's plan to open the coasts to oil recovery is doomed. Do you think TPTB would not stoop to ruining the environment to protect their interests?

When was the last time you heard of a platform blowing to smithereens all the way down to the well head at the bottom of the sea?

Why are SWAT teams heading to the Gulf. Is is possible all the hatred directed towards the president is manufactured?

I've been a registered republican for 25 years. I didn't vote for him. A few weeks ago it was suggested to me to consider that he was wearing a white hat and that he was opposed to TPTB.

The demolition of the well supports that idea in my mind.

Mod Edit - All Caps Title.

[edit on Thu, 29 Apr 2010 22:37:14 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

I was thinking the same thing today. Someone wants the public opinion to turn against Obama so that he voids his earlier decision to allow the expansion of ocean drilling.

Who is responsible, is the question. Opening the area around Florida is basically stepping on China's territory as they partner with Cuba in that area.

Interesting.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Already being discussed here......www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 29-4-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

I m a late bloomer when it comes to supporting President Obama, my change of heart was partly due to the fact that the neocons have set their cross hairs on him and I like some of the things he has done.

It would not surprise me to find out this was terrorism.

What we have to do is get behind our President openly and vocally now more than ever.

We have to keep him in office past 2012, if the neocons regain control all is lost.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Divide and conquer. They put him here to take all the crap that's flying on the winds of unpopular sentiment. Plain and simple.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Id sooner say that this show of force with the swat teams is to intimidate the oil companies, letting them know whos boss so to speak. Obama has done his best to control health care, college loans, home loans, the auto industry, and now maybe he's getting ready to control the oil companies? Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Obama's plan was to open up exploration for oil. Exploration would take years. It was a delay tactic. We know where the oil is, let's go get it! That's just my opinion.
Swat teams to the rigs??? Something doesn't smell right.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Look, it doesn't matter.

Drill baby drill - I was always opposed to it.
It was one of the reasons I liked Obama.

I don't think drilling in the ocean is all that.

I want us off of oil...yesterday.
I want a horse tonight.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
My friends in Colombia say the Venezuelans and the Mexicans blew up the oil rig off of Louisiana. Usually my friends and old colleagues are all over the map with opinions about such happenings, but not this time.

As one friend put it, "Venezuela and Mexico attack a US oil rig and the USA does nothing." I explained the expression about "waiting for the fat lady to sing" because I believe President Obama knows far more than any of us now in our dotage. But if I had to hazard a guess I would put the blame at the feet of OPEC or Royal Dutch Shell. But I do pause at my son's suggestion that the Chinese and the Canadians were responsible for its 9/11 like demolition.

This is one more thing stewing in the pot and it smells like war to me.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Original Thread Here

Closing duplicate

Thank you

Semper

top topics

join