It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, Dems take "Immigration Reform" off agenda (AP)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Obama and congress say they've dropped the issue? Ok now I expect them to really pass it.

They gonna pass it on a saturday at midnight like cap and trade and health care...when the sheeple are asleep or watching football...or being the useless idiots they are most of the time...

Obama will pass the ``immigration reform`` using the 50 votes in the senate. They will use the ``nuclear option``... just you watch.

I mean you people still believe those congenital liars? Seriously? Everything Obama says he's gonna do that is good, he's doing the opposite...

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Oops

[edit on 1-5-2010 by ponyboyats]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I was watching Cspan this morning and the topic was the boarder, and the head of the department of homeland security was there, giving the politically convienent answers, and pandering to Mexico on how we will be working with them so they can set up their own boarder patrol. What a joke, as it does not address any of the issues that many people see as a problem with such and failing to address them. The issue is illegale immigration and the problems that come from such. More policies with no enforcement and no teeth behind such will do absolutely nothing, kind of like either a broken contract or an empty promise, holds little value.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ponyboyats
reply to post by Janky Red

U accuse others of lettin their emotions paint their world? How hypocritical. U just came out w a chuldish irrelevant remark about me being a kid(ur emotions) that Actually had nothing to do with what I said or this discussion
Ima let this thread go ahead and die now. Sure u r beter then everyone u mature old person u.

I'm not sure what you are talking about?

I didn't even engage you or respond to you...

I am gonna go grease my walker now

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Actually after the bailouts and HCR blunder the Democrats knows they are in deep caca, bringing the immigration reform is no the right thing politically and possible a suicide over the last two democrats committed already.

Still they will lose congress and Obama the presidency.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by jdub297

Actually after the bailouts and HCR blunder the Democrats knows they are in deep caca, bringing the immigration reform is no the right thing politically and possible a suicide over the last two democrats committed already.

Still they will lose congress and Obama the presidency.

I wouldn't be so sure on presidency -

I detect a whole lot of miscalculation from opponents that could add up to
an Obama win actually. The first is forgetting how well he endures at the 11th hour
and the second is trying to frame everything as bad. If the results are not as bad as painted, Obama is going to look better than he really is...

The other calculation that is being ignored is how "right" the right lets itself go...
Eventually some people are going to turn off or become frightened by it,
four years of this rhetorical firestorm might be perceived as worse than Obama's
performance. It may make the choice of pulling the other lever feel risky at a time when the country feels like it is stabilizing... If this is the future reality, they do not appear to have any contingency being employed at the present time.

Obama has been consistently underestimated in his political prowess, the very course of rhetoric here makes me think; all kinds of false security might be employed by opponents during election time.

The GOP will have to keep their feet on the ground, which is not their strong suit

The tendency will be to go very right, which may falsely warrant employing a Palinesque, platitude based campaign... That may be a very bad miscalculation in so many years time.

The problem is believing ones own rhetoric too much, losing sight of what you believe and what is tangible, failing to rectify the two, another very weak suit for the GOP...

This is all analysis BTW, I am not interjecting my feelings, or trying not to at least...

I under estimate Obama at times and I feel I have a fairly objective view of the politicing in politics. If that is the case, any less degree of objectivity could be very detrimental.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join