It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long could you hide from the police state if you had to?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
That is the subject of a new movie called 'Erasing David' which I think is absolute genius. David, in the UK, disappears off the radar for 30 days with 2 professional PI organizations trying to hunt him down. The viewer gets a sense of how much information you've already put in to the public domain. Whether he succeeds or not I do not know but it is clear that he becomes more and more paranoid as time goes along.

Source

This is just with private investigators. Hiding from the police state seems like it will be nigh impossible. How long do you think you could make it and what tactics do you think would work the best?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Live with someone else is a smooth tactic.

That might work.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tormentations
reply to post by ararisq

Live with someone else is a smooth tactic.

From the trailer I see that he does this obviously as a first tactic. The problem is it has to be someone you don't know or at least that no one would ever be able to suspect you knew. Your family is going to be off limits, your coworkers, and your friends. They'll stake out those spots until you show up. You also lose control, so when Billy the owner reports you in the US census (you know to keep the US moving forward) then your sunk.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I fell foul of TPTB in 1998 by being in the wrong place at the wrong time then for the next 9 years I was subjected to 24/7/365 mind control electronic harrassment magic and spiritual attack,this mental,physical and spiritual attack occured be I in England,Germany,Lithuania,Egypt,Jordon,Thailand/Vietnam or Australia.

Go too far down the rabbit hole and theres no place on earth to hide my friend.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix
I fell foul of TPTB in 1998 by being in the wrong place at the wrong time then for the next 9 years I was subjected to 24/7/365 mind control electronic harrassment magic and spiritual attack...

I'll bite, so in 2007 you fell off their radar? How so?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I had not heard of this movie before (Not surprising seeing as how I don't keep up with movies/TV at all these days). I'm extremely interested in seeing this one now. With all the chatter that goes on this site when it comes to NWO/Police State matters, I think it will be a bit of an eye opener to some. High expectations for this now and I hope it doesn't disappoint, thank you for bringing this movie up !

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

No Im still on their radar they drop on my head from time to time for another chat or a short burst of the last action picture show but basically Im yesterdays news I haven't been hospitalised or had any attempts to kill me for over 3 years guess the Village Roadshow now has more pressing targets than me these days.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Its easier than most think if thought out properly.

First, never contact family directly. Always use a middle man.

Second, use cash only, $20s and under.

Third, go where theres no one else. Woods and islands are good for this if you can make it that far. If not, sewer systems work wonderful. Not pretty or nice, but you could last for years before ever being seen by another person.

Fourth, dont make trouble.

Fifth, Never stop looking over your shoulder.

You can always try to blend in at major hubs of populations, but this is hard to do if not properly funded.

Most who will need to do any of this are not going to have the funds to do it right.

Have a bugout bag. If it cant be carried on foot, you dont need it...

Heres part of my
BugOut List
Hydro/Peroxide--- Water DeSalter--- Antibiotics
Batteries--- Thick Blankets--- Pen
AM/FM Radio--- Rain Gear--- Signal mirror
Tent--- Walkie Talkies---
Camp Stove--- WaterProof Matches and Box---
Camping Gear--- Nails and Hand Tools---
Tow Rope--- Fishing Gear---
Snow Gear --- Hunting Knife---
Canteens--- First Aid Kit---
Maps Mexico/Canada--- Rope---
Cloth Diapers--- Spanish Dictionary---
French Dictionary--- Thermal Socks and Undies---
Thermal/Foil Blankets---

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Goethe]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goethe
Its easier than most think if thought out properly.

That is a good list Goethe. I just wonder if without a stable environment if the person staying away from people and camping in the woods or sewer would not at some point stand out when trying to get food. This reminds me of Eric Rudolph he camped out for years I think in the mountains but was eventually apprehended when he came in to town for food. In a police state people that are obviously not showering and are unkempt are going to be questioned and I think at that point its probably a coin flip whether the game is up.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
When the time does come, there will be no place to hide for any of us! Think differently? You will see my dear friends. The only reason people can somewhat hide for now is because there is no real effort on part of the feds to find anyone yet.

Watch very closely when and after the Cap-N-Trade bill passes that makes all americans responsible for their carbon emmissions taxes compiled by the obamacare taxes and see how long those of you can hide that don't have the monies to pay those 2 duties to the feds!

Here's food for thought. Remember the movies The Fugitive, US Marshalls, and The Running Man? Put those together with the new tv shows Criminal Minds, Law and Order, CSI, The Mentalist, and 24, and you have the exact means that they will hunt you, track you, and finally catch you!

[edit on 29-4-2010 by thewind]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

It depends how far off the radar you want to go. Mountains are your best bet to disappear from anyone. It took them 5 year to find Eric Rudolph when he ran for the mountains. He had the FBI and local law enforcement looking for him. Some believe he was helped out but by his own accord he survived by raiding dumpsters, stealing grain out of silo's and eating wildlife. Ignorance would be your worst enemy because there is so much to eat in the forests but you need to have the knowledge of what that is without poisoning yourself.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
this is not my real plan, for telling my actual strategy for a scenario like this to the internetz would be foolish.

but in a parallel universe someone like me might do what anne-frank did with the nazi's, but on a more nomadic-ninja-kevin mitnik level. would take alot of prep.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'd just slip into the wilderness with my bug-out and rifle. I think I could last a very long time, possibly a life-time, assuming that I made it to a large enough area. I might even forfit the rifle for a bow. Of course, this is assuming that my children are grown by then. Om the same note, I couldn't imagine that I would ever have to be on the run from TPTB, at least being singled out.
--airspoon

[edit on 29-4-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
If one truly wishes anonymity, a legitimate ID other than your own, and subsequent historicity support... in the manner of birth certificate, career resume, a list of reliable 'references' that can prove identity, and the alteration of physical features such as facial hair, hair color, length, style, and implementing a vocal alternative in voice modulation will go a very long way in assisting your continuity.

One could easily exist amongst society unchallenged for a very long time.

Possibly too, it might be important to revise that ID (and other relative support items) to a different one - to cover your tracks impeccably.

an ideally supportive form of identity would come in the form of one from a foreign country other than the one you live in, where you know people who will help you acquire the needed info to process the (recreated)legitimate ID etc. , and who will act on your behalf as a reference (AKA Employer, Land Lord, minister, etc...). You'd then need to manufacture a legitimate passport... then whalla! you are just touring, and expect to depart back home soon... =)

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
If you're concerned about this scenario, the best thing you can do is start working on building a small, concealed (preferably underground) structure deep in familiar wilderness. Stock it with the appropriate items, then return to your life. If you encounter a situation where you need to disappear, you have that retreat all ready to go.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
if its an evacuation, and they are in the middle of a public "round up" with trains ready to fill fema camps, one could attempt the following.

have all your stuff ready to go before hand.

if your in a rural area head for the wilderness and dig in a camp somewhere. if you can literally "dig" a small trench somewhere, be slightly below ground level and sheild yourself from IR best you can, the choppers will be looking for heat blips.

if you have hills, or even better caves, or mines... good thick earth to sheild you, and if yu can have some kind of material to shield you from IR (do a little homework)

if your in an urban area, i know it sounds cliche but head for the sewers. its going to be dark, cold, and wet. know your entrence and exit and bring enough stuff to last as long as you can, you could even have it down there beforehand if you have some kind of forewarning.you only need to hide down there during the initial roundup.

it doesnt have to be a flatout sewer, but a storm drain or manhole or sometimes the phonelines/electricty switches have underground rooms big enough to stand in.

once things calm down, your going to have to move about stealthly. getting out of the city is next step, night vision would help (its not that expensive anymore). you should have a secondary location to get to in the hills or woods somewhere. then dig in.

hopefully youve got some seeds,guns and ammo, and skills to keep you going at that point.

some gadgets that would make things a lot easier for life post roundup are 12v battery, small solar panel to charge it, small RV water pump, shortwave/scanner/cb.

if you have no skills get a copy of army FM 21-76. and have something on hand for infections.

also, it might be a good idea to have something on hand to curb panic, and allow you to handle the situation more comfortably, because it WILL be scary.....be it some booze, weed, or valium.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It seems likely that anything with an RFid chip, including bank cards, credit cards, etc could be tracked by GPS. If you buried it under rock or lead, maybe not, until the first time you pulled it out again. I think that would have to fall under the preparations category. No sense having a fat bank account and no safe way to access it.

We need predator suits

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
More current concerns include this. This is not to dash hopes, at all. It is to avoid false hopes. I've heard about RFID ink now being used on Kellogs boxes, for example.

New ISO RFID standard will help trace products in the supply chain

www.iso.org...

Invisible RFID Ink Safe For Cattle And People, Company Says

www.informationweek.com...

Nanosensors To Replace RFID Chips On Consumer Products

www.azonano.com...

Anyone else have takes on this?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

I agree and you give some good advice, however, as far as caves or the sewers, that is the first place that TPTB will look after the initial round up. You would only want to use either in a last case scenario, especially the sewer system. I know you know and this post isn't really directed at you, per se, but rather to anyone reading. Instead, I would suggest the following (though brief and incomplete):

In an urban area, there are actually tons of nooks and crannies that you could hide for a day or two, as long as you have the determination to survive. The people who would know most about these nooks and crannies, would be "building supers", and maintenance men of all types. Most squatters and homeless would know of some great places. The sewer system should be a last case scenario. After the initial round up, move only at night and stay in the shadows, literally, and get to the country side as quick as possible but be prepared to be met with hostilities from others with the same idea but all out of trust.

As far as a rural area goes, it would be best to stay out of all caves, or at least use them as a last resort because that is going to be the first place that they look. However, it would benefit you to surround yourself in earth, as thick as you can get it. Earth is a good insulator and so should mask your heat signature. My suggestion would be to dig yourself a sturdy little shelter with a roof covered by earth. The more earth, the better. Also, it would be preferable to build this shelter in a place to where water run-off won't be a problem. In other words, use your head when planning such an endeavor. You want to map out several tactical and strategic vantage points for your shelter. For instance, you want a choke point so that people have only one way to enter or leave your area (a secret escape would also be ideal). With a choke point, you can limit your exposure to ground forces on a mission to smoke you out. You also want a vantage point to see long distance, for your own intel gathering endeavors so that you can be prepared for whatever is coming at you. There are many more things you can do to bolster your odds, as far as a wilderness shelter goes, but for brevity's sake, I'll digress.

There really is safety in numbers, up to a certain extent so it may be wise to come up with a plan along with others of like mind before hand and when TSHTF, you can agree on a signal or trigger for plan activation. Survival in the wilderness will be much easier with other strong and smart people, however evasion will be a little more difficult with more than 2 people total.

As far as something to relax, I would suggest valium or other drugs of the same category, *pams. Liquor, weed or other medicines will take you out of your mind and that is the last thing you want to happen if such a situation should occur. Heroin or pain-killers are bad also because you could become physically addicted which would also put you in a bad spot when you "come-down". In addition to something for your nerves, I would also suggest something for your alertness as well. Either methamphetamine or amphetamine would be perfect, however it is extremely important you take it in very small amounts. Too much and it could make you too paranoid to where you lose your mind. In small amounts, it is perfect to keep you alert, aware and on the move. In fact, US bomber pilots take amphetamines for long sorties, given to them by the government.

Of course, I don't believe that it will ever come to that but it certainly doesn't hurt to be prepared. I don't think that we would ever be so lucky as to have such a sudden shock like that. Rather, I believe that all this tyranny will come on to us so slow, the masses wouldn't even realize it. You know, the story about boiling the toad with a slow increase in water temp. My 2 cents.
--airspoon

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Heh, I'm right in the middle of a big city with cops and bikers and informants everywhere.

Yay. Fun times.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join