It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your favorite and least favorite scents and smells?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

mmmmm turbo blue. thats what we call it but it kinda smells sweet huh

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Favorite:

the smell of the back of my wifes neck.
garlic
juniper
5am in Centennial, WY. Crisp, clean, clear, at 10k feet....you don't get any more pure than that. Just what God meant for us to breathe.

Least:

ammonia
baby powder
perfume of any sort
any animal fecal/urinary matter

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Favourites:
-incense
-lavender
-female perfume
-petrol
-rainfall
-Lynx Africa

Least favourites:
-bodily waste odours
-vomit
-beer-soaked clothes (brewery smell the next morning is awful)
-burned plastic (when done in big quantities)
-industrial sites where they process pig fats

[edit on 8/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I love the smell of my BO after a hard days work. Smells like I've accomplished something. Also love the smell of sagebrush after a good rain. Lawn clippings, lilac bushes in bloom, 2-stroke exhaust from a chainsaw combined with freshly cut pine, and wild game cooked on the grill are always awesome smells.

I hate the smell of a fresh sprayed skunk. Like one poster said, the smell of a gutshot animal when that cavity is first opened.....(shivers). I really dislike the smell of a big city, just has a smell of funk to it. Sweaty shoes! And most of all I hate the smell of petchuli (the hippy incense).

*EDIT: Forgot and this is because it was so terrible. The Amine that they use on a submarine to scrub the air to clean the oxygen. You could put clothes in double plastic bags and it would still permeate the plastic. Worst smell ever!!!

[edit on 5/8/2010 by saabster5]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabster5
I love the smell of my BO after a hard days work. Smells like I've accomplished something.

Me too. For me, it smells like pheremones in which the females will like.
Overly bad B.O can be nasty though. But when I have that sweaty, phermoney smell, I feel like it's meant for the ladies. haha.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Least favourite - any perfume with a strong vanilla note. Instant headache.
Most favourite - honeysuckle in blossom

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Favorite:

juniper
5am in Centennial, WY. Crisp, clean, clear, at 10k feet....you don't get any more pure than that. Just what God meant for us to breathe.

Juniper has such a mystifying smell to it!

It's not just Centennial...The West side of the Wind River Range up close to the continental divide has that same smell with the view of all those wonderful peaks (Cirque of the Towers)

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Favorite Smells: Gazoline Smell on Petrol Stations, Strawberry Mine-Gum of early school days, Grilled Meat on Sundays, Russian Shashlik Food, Morning Smells After Rainy night on the Russian Volga, Brazilian fresh Lobsters, The beach smell of the Mediterranean sea, Smells of old books in the Central Library of Samara Russia, scent of the roses burgeons of a rosary from the mountains of the ancient Maronite monasteries, The smell of Metal Sword while listening to Manowar mised with rust, The smell of the ground-sand of camping after the night next to fire, Smell of gunpowder at hunting, Smell of fresh beer during fishing, smell of wooden houses (Datshe) in the middle of Nowhere's forests, Hot Chocolate & Coffee, unburned pipe' tobacco...

Worst Smells: Stinking spicy Pakistany or Indian labourer (No offense for anyone), Mediterranean Kishik Food, A rotten potato forgotten in the kitchen, An old Car-Battery leaked acid sewer's like smell, Strong Arabic perfumes scent that they burn in Dubai Malls and play with my digestion, the very sweet perfume of my aunt, The smell of dead bodies during the last civil war, Smell of old blankets at my grandmother house (triggers my allergy), Smell of hair burning along with used condoms, Burning Cigarettes/Cigars of others in a gathering...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by saabster5

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Favorite:

juniper

Juniper has such a mystifying smell to it!

It's not just Centennial...The West side of the Wind River Range up close to the continental divide has that same smell with the view of all those wonderful peaks (Cirque of the Towers)

One of the most memorable trips i ever took while living in Laramie, i saw thousands of Prairie Chickens in the foothills leading up to the Snowy Range Mountain. I was about 4 miles outside of Centennial.

I loved living there. My wife couldn't take the cold, though. If it weren't for that, my son and i would be living the lives of wild mountain men.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

There is a blue cologne that smells like excrement and BO. I won't even name it lest I have to smell it again because someone deliberately wears it around me.

Almost all perfumes and colognes make me sick, but the blue one is like a concentrated body odor/feces bomb. It kills me that people actually buy these things. Also, there's a celeb endorsed one that is worse than death.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Fav: I would say fresh baked cinnamon rolls or bread is one of my favorite smells. Along with fresh cut Cedar, and a fresh rainfall on a crystal clear mountain lake, the smell of the trees combined with the water and the freshness is so relaxing.

Neg: Asphalt hate that, skunks, Chlorine, and probably many others.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Favorites:

This girl I happen to be in love with

Kush

Goods baked with cinnamon

Hot sauce (dunno the smell just gets my mouth all watery)

Christmas trees

Least favorites:

Vomit

Feces

Urine

Burning hair

Metal

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Some of my favorites

Vinyl Records
Books