It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TODAY: Showdown on Wall Street (Live Video Feed)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

TODAY: Showdown on Wall Street (Live Video Feed)

showdowninamerica.org

Their time is up!

National People’s Action issues a Call to Action for everyday people--small business owners and union members, homeowners and tenants, faith leaders, the employed and the unemployed--to join together in recognition of our shared fate and our commitment to democracy.

Today at 3:30pm ET, thousands will converge on Wall Street to reclaim America with one simple message: Americans deserve an economy that works for all of us, not just Wall Street!
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I thought ATS members might want to watch a live feed of this "Showdown on Wall Street"

I am not finding coverage of this march on MSM.

Is this what I think it is, is this the American people demanding action? I hope so.

Should be interesting to see how the MSM, Wall Street and our government spin this protest

As a side note, I am a news junkie and I just heard of this long planned march yesterday on ATS (I can not find existing ATS thread). Anyway I hope some of you will enjoy the live feed.

The link will take you to the feed, if anyone can embed in thread that would be great.

showdowninamerica.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

#################################################
NOTE: as I have had a chance to watch this "Live Feed"? it is not LIVE it is a loop playing over and over, even the twitter replies are playing on a loop. I do not know what to make of it, can anyone shed some light on this?
#################################################

[edit on 29-4-2010 by deepred]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
That's odd, I'm surprised I hadn't seen this before. Thanks for the info. I'm glad someone is speaking up.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
That's odd, I'm surprised I hadn't seen this before. Thanks for the info. I'm glad someone is speaking up.

Yes as someone that searches the news every day I was rather surprised to learn of this protest only one day before the event, and I learned of it here on ATS.

It seems that the PTB and MSM have done a good job keeping this quiet.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The actual march should begin anytime, looks to be a very large number of marchers lining up.

Twitter is all a buzz about a "Media Black Out" of this event.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Wow, that guy shouting "text reform to 225 whatever" repeatedly is extremely annoying

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Not from the states but I figure this needs the bump

Star & flag and best of luck to them

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Hmm, this can't be live, can it? It's 01:27 in the UK...Maybe if the US has very light evenings...

Nope, definitely not live, repeating video
Ah well

[edit on 29-4-2010 by AR154]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AR154
Wow, that guy shouting "text reform to 225 whatever" repeatedly is extremely annoying

I agree.

Am I missing something here? This is a live feed?

This guy screaming about texting is on a loop the video itself is playing over and over, on a loop, how is this live? Where is the actual live feed?

What is going on?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Yeah, unfortunately seems so, hopefully the MSM at least acknowledges it though

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
And finally it begins!

There'll be more of this, more of the backlash toward the elite.

Remember Greece when the riots turned on corporate storefronts, and London when they attacked the banks? This is the start.

The longer governments fail to act in defence of the people against this robbery, the worse it'll get.

Good on them for getting up out of their chairs and putting down their burgers long enough to actually have an opinion.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
From Link in OP

WHEN: 3:30pm: Assemble • 4pm: March and rally

Just a casual observation, but doesn't Wall Street close @ 4? After the closing bell it's off to Happy Hour.

Too bad no one from Wall Street will be there to see this, perhaps a morning time Assembly @ 8:30AM and the March at 9AM just in time for the opening bell.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by deepred

Union sponsored protest. Wish i could have joined them.

Sam Stein
[email protected] | HuffPost
March On Wall Street: Unions Grab The Bull By The Horn

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sadwolf

So who marches against the corrupt Union Leaders? Just saying. It was they who killed the Auto Industry in the US. Paying assembly line workers the same as an MD makes

Or is this SEIU. If it is, it was likely ordered by Obama to compliment the hearings. You know, the SEIU that wrote much of the Health Care Legislation, who sent the thugs to the voting precincts with billy clubs, that SEIU?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by deepred

After reading more about the group, I tend to agree with their wants. I do think it is a shame they allowed Union involvement. May as well sell out to one of the Political Parties. Same thing as. Once a Union or a Party becomes involved, they may as well forget about it.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

just trying to embed the video
for all to see.

I wish it was LE in there really making arrests
and carting them off to prison for tanking
the economy. Hopefully the Fed will be next.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

this is shameful
something so important to America
and it doesn't even get more
than 1 page of responses.

top topics

join