It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats to announce immigration reform plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Democrats to announce immigration reform plan
news.yahoo.com...

In 1986 an immigration bill was pass and signed into law by Reagan, it also gave amnisty to over 2.7 million illegals.

Now after 24 years of the federal government NOT enforcing the existing laws, our elected officials want to reform the law that they didn't enforce and grant amnisty to 12 million illegals. Now that is progress !

Is the american public a bunch of suckers ,or what?

Keep buying that two party trash !
Suckers !

[edit on 29-4-2010 by OLD HIPPY DUDE]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
well said, keep on living in your fake reality you sheep. believe everything they tell you and dont oppose anything otherwise your a racist extremist terrorist and most of all, FEAR FEAR FEAR....

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Please not another mandate please, that is what Democrats are good for, welfare, entitlements and mandates.

Regan Amnesty is nothing compare to over 12 million illegals and their children in the nation right now.

People doesn't learn or either have forgotten that the last amnesty didn't do a darn thing to help the nation we are now in a biggest hole that we were economically 25 years ago.

Just remember that most of this over 12 million illegals and their children will fall into the HCR and will have welfare as well, at the expenses of what ever is left of the working class in the nation.

And also remember people that once citizens small businesses will need a new influx of more illegals to work underpay.

What a joke.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It is obvious that kicking the can down the road is what most elected officials do to avoid being replaced in elections. By not protecting the border and enforcing existing immigration law we have just kicked the can down the road until we are running out of road and in some cases, like Arizona, we are running out of patience.

The Federal government has not properly enforced exixsting statutes for decades and as a result violated one of the few mandated constitutional edicts that it is supposed to enforce. That is the protection of it's citizens. The Federal government as a rule has violated the "Civil Rights" of all its' citizens by ignoring their constitutional mandate to defend and protect the citizenry.

But by looking the other way they have often guaranteed themselves new voters.

After 9-11 I was furious with GW for not clampimg down on the border and it only got looser under his 2 terms. I voted twice for the guy but he just didn't give a damn about my backyard. I live in San Diego and I have watched illegal imigration skyrocket out of control for over 3 decades. Neither of the party's leadership locally or federally has been willing to enforce the rules. It is pretty discouraging when your own won't cover your back. It leads to the locals feeling like they have to up the ante and cover their own backsides, like they just did in Arizona.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I find it amazing, quite frankly.

The feds have ignored this problem for years. Both parties. Now, when people get tired of the bull# and pass a law for some tough anti-illegal reform, the government all of a sudden is concerned and wants to do something about it?

I'm calling bull#. Stay in D.C. and continue to do what you do best, which is nothing...

top topics

join